Author Topic: Tatsunoko vs Capcom confirmed for Wii  (Read 38733 times)

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Tatsunoko vs Capcom confirmed for Wii
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2010, 10:52:13 PM »
We are better off waiting for a sequel to Madworld or what other game Platinum has in store for Wii/DS.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2010, 02:37:49 PM »
or we could kidtell ourselves that if TvC sells enough copies to warrant a sequel, they'll include Pheonix Wright AND the Samurai Pizza Cats!

BELIEVE
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2010, 05:21:44 AM »
So there is going to be a launch event for Tatsunoko VS Capcom at the Nintendo World Store on January 23rd.That falls on a Saturday.The time that this is happening is at 11am to 3pm.

http://Http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=111065
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2010, 11:40:32 AM »
Hopefully that will work lol not really.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2010, 03:35:40 PM »
I'm thinking of going and snapping a few shots for NWR but its not a sure thing yet. If the weathers as crappy as the mario event, I'm staying home. I might not even pick up the game if I do go, since NMH 2 will be right around the corner :D
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »
Well the game is coming out in a few days. I would like to get the game at launch but I think money is going to be tight so we shall see.

Anybody go to the Nintendo World Store today?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2010, 10:53:18 PM »
I went.. and I wore this:

And plan to wear that same shirt for any other events at the NWS in the future ;)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2010, 11:17:08 PM »
You actually had the shirt made!? Nice.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2010, 11:39:46 PM »
I went to the event and interviewed the producer who was there (Ryota Niitsuma). I was busy the rest of the weekend and finally transcribed it tonight, so look for it tomorrow! (And look for the review later in the week. We got the review copy a little later so we missed the launch day review plan :()

I sadly did not see that shirt.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
Yes, I got it made. I'm a man of my word :D

No one seemed to notice, which was sad, but perhaps next time I'll be sure to take my coat off so its more visible

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2010, 02:39:06 PM »
Maybe next time you should take off your pants--then people will really take notice!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2010, 03:13:00 PM »
That shirt is an awesome sundae with extra sprinkles

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2010, 03:40:07 PM »
That shirt, along with the producer wanting to make a vs. game with Nintendo characters in it, just made my day.

Nintendo Vs. Capcom? Possible? Maybe.

I would love Mario vs. Mega Man. The classic Mega Man, not that peice of **** character from Legends.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2010, 04:10:25 PM »
I've said for quite a while that a Nintendo vs Capcom is only a matter of time.  With the producer of the game saying he'd like to make one, I'd imagine we could be very close to this finally becoming a reality. 

I mean really, since Nintendo has been allowing third parties to make games featuring Nintendo characters for almost the last decade now, there's nothing stopping Capcom from making a game like this.  All they got to do is call up Miyamoto and there they go.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2010, 04:34:27 PM »
I bet Nintendo would think a Nintendo vs. Capcom game would eat into Smash Brothers sales.  On the other hand, maybe it could work as a collaboration for the next Smash Bros. if Sakurai doesn't want to do it again.  Niitsuma seems like as good a successor as we could hope for.

Edit: Oops, I misread.  Niitsuma was the producer, so he may not have been all that hands-on.  Still, some kind of Nintendo vs. Capcom remains a nice dream.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:43:08 PM by UltimatePartyBear »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2010, 05:26:18 PM »
Super Smash Bros vs Capcom EX-Pi?

I'll have a slice!

Too bad we won't get another Vs. Capcom game if this one doesnt sell.. But on the other hand, thanks for the compliments!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2010, 07:30:36 PM »
I bet Nintendo would think a Nintendo vs. Capcom game would eat into Smash Brothers sales. 

Not really.  The Capcom VS series is a different type of fighting game then Smash Bros.  Plus since Smash Bros appeals to a much, much wider audience then any Capcom fighting series, I don't think Nintendo is going to worry too much.

Not to mention as long as the game is called Nintendo vs Capcom, I think most people will understand it's not another Smash Bros game.  Now if they call it Smash Bros vs Capcom, then Nintendo might have a problem.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2010, 08:31:25 PM »
Even if TvC doesn't sell all that well, a NvC might be their biggest selling game ever.
Nintendo loyalist & Capcom loyalist would be all over that.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2010, 08:58:30 PM »
It seems weird to me that people want a Nintendo vs. Capcom game. Nintendo has too many characters for that, they still haven't come close to cramming them all into a Smash Brothers game. If it were a traditional fighting game, I'd have no interest in it.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2010, 09:12:51 PM »
One of the interesting things Capcom vs. SNK did was incorporate both playstyles together, into one game.  Actually, it had more than "both."  While it wouldn't be the same, really, I'd imagine Capcom would come up with a way of catering to Smash Bros. fanbase with a similar control/attack set-up.  Still, it would be a traditional fighter with non-traditional controls, but it wouldn't be a bad thing for many people.

I'd buy it.  I'm going to go buy this, in a few minutes.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2010, 10:02:47 PM »
I already bought mine.... yesterday. waiting on super saver shipping though.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2010, 10:14:30 PM »
i'lll probably pick this up thurs or friday, and never play it. I'm only getting it because I'm a MM fanboy, and as much as i despise the Legend series, I love me some Zero. Oh and Roll is cute as always.

What are the chances of them adding some DLC Pheonix Wright, Speed Racer and Samurai Pizza Cats?!? Slim to NEVER! :( owwies i hurt my own feelings.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2010, 10:59:24 PM »
Played this game for almost 30 minutes.
It can get quite hectic despite its simplistic control scheme.
Playing with the Wii remote and Nunchuk is like using the C-Stick in Smash Bros in the sense that it is very easy to pull off the basic specials and whatnot. For the more "complex" control scheme it has to be played with the Classic, GameCube, or the Madcatz Arcade Fighting Stick.
I've pre-ordered the Madcatz arcade fighting stick, which I should get on my local store's next shipment, and I really can't wait to try it out with this game first, and then all the others that I can.
So far I like to play with Morrigan and Karas, but Ken the Eagle is also awesome to play with even though his movements require more training from my part.

Offline williamsjj

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2010, 12:39:29 AM »
I already bought mine.... yesterday. waiting on super saver shipping though.

I'm in the same boat.  I'm excited.  TvC is the first Wii game that I ever pre-ordered.  Now I'm trying to decided if I am going to order an arcade stick or just try playing it with the Classic Controller.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2010, 02:04:16 AM »
This game seems to be getting a lot of positive buzz in the 2D fighter circles.