Author Topic: DS: Dead 'N' Furious: Trailer  (Read 4801 times)

Offline therat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
DS: Dead 'N' Furious: Trailer
« on: October 25, 2006, 08:36:27 AM »
http://www.deadnfurious.com/video.html

First trailer for a "Crypt Killer"ish game on the DS. Looks pretty fun so far!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: DS: Dead 'N' Furious: Trailer
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 09:15:27 AM »
Wow, it's like someone transported me back to 1995 or something.  Old-timey FPS horror game - might be fun!

In the words of Mario, Couchmonkey's a dumbarse who fixes his links several months late  
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:33:53 AM »
Indeeeed....

This might convince that Zombie game loving friend of mine to finally get a DS...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
RE:DS: Dead 'N' Furious: Trailer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 09:50:05 AM »
I don't know, I just can't see a light-gun-style game being fun on the DS.  But Point Blank seemed to get good reviews so what do I know.

I wish it was actually an FPS, for as much as everyone thought the DS would be well-suited for the genre there's a complete lack of them on the system - just the awful Goldeneye and the mediocre Metroid.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 09:56:37 AM »
yeah, I've been dissapointed at the FPS offerings for the DS too. I think the reason we have seen so few is the fact the the FPS "genre" is really big on eye candy, so the DS may not be the best fit. I would like to see a game like XIII for the DS.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:23:16 AM »

Originally posted by: hudsonhawk
I don't know, I just can't see a light-gun-style game being fun on the DS.

Me too.  Just tapping on stuff lacks a lot of the appeal of actually physically aiming and pulling a trigger.
GOREGASM!

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 06:55:12 PM »
I still think it may be an FPS, just light gun-ish in design.
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline therat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 07:20:25 PM »
it says on rails design, u get to choose paths... i thought it was fps at start as well. doh! multiplayer might be fun.

Offline williamsjj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 11:27:09 AM »
I'm willing to give it a try.  If it comes out at $25 or less I will probably pick it up.  Otherwise I'll wait until I can find a used copy.

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »

Originally posted by: therat
http://www.deadnfurious.com/video.html

First trailer for a "Crypt Killer"ish game on the DS. Looks pretty fun so far!
Perhaps this is what you mean by "Crypt Killer"ish, but from that video it looks rather like DOOM in different clothes. Run around and shoot lots of zombies/baddies with big weapons in a scary/creepy setting. DOOM, of course, didn't have 'Reload', eh... whatever. Looks cool.

Maybe its just me though...

"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 11:25:54 AM »
31, read the description of the game.  It's not like Doom - it's a House of the Dead-style "gun game" where you tap the screen to shoot.

It doesn't appear you have any direct control over your character's movement, other than the occassional fork in the road (just like HOTD).

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 09:52:23 PM »
ah... well, that's rather disappointing...

Still it looks cool.
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 12:29:27 PM »
The game was released in Europe yesterday.  A game play video is available on YouTube.

It looks boring.  Also, the loading time is unbelievable long--over 30 seconds to load the first level.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 02:21:51 AM »
I'm totally undecided on this game. From the original trailer when I thought it was an FPS I was pretty excited but now that I know it's a lightgun (or stylus in this case) game I don't think that I'm interested anymore.
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »
Looks like a public toilet.

Offline ViewtifulJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 03:00:29 PM »
lmao half way threw the video (5:30ish) the guys cat comes in to see what hes playing and then he hits it in the head
RIP TOOKIE WILLIAMS

Wii code 1015 8909 0976 9531

Offline ViewtifulJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 03:00:32 PM »
they should really fix that double post thing...
RIP TOOKIE WILLIAMS

Wii code 1015 8909 0976 9531

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 02:45:50 AM »
The problem I see with this game is that thee's hardly anything going on.  Usually with this type of game you'll have lots of crazy scripted events and action happening while the player plays.  It also needs some ways to rack up extra points or something - a reward for playing skillfully.  The rails shooters in Rayman Raving Rabbids appear to have more depth.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 05:48:35 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
The problem I see with this game is that thee's hardly anything going on.  Usually with this type of game you'll have lots of crazy scripted events and action happening while the player plays.  It also needs some ways to rack up extra points or something - a reward for playing skillfully.  The rails shooters in Rayman Raving Rabbids appear to have more depth.
Keep in mind that this was just the first level.  It's quite possible that the craziness you seek ramps up later in the game.  Still looks like a public toilet.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 07:55:51 AM »
The craziness should be there from the start!  I'm not necessarilly referring to difficulty, just...action.  Walls should be exploding, lights should be on the fritz, helpless people should be running around screaming.  I don't know, it's just so sterile, like you said, it's a public toilet.  I wouldn't be as demanding if I had control over the movement, because then there's a layer of exploration and strategy on top of the shooting, but since it's scripted, something more interesting should be happening.