Author Topic: Free-To-Play Shooter Warframe Announced For Switch: Panic Button Porting  (Read 978 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Time to get your mech on.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/47696/free-to-play-shooter-warframe-announced-for-switch-panic-button-porting

The Switch is about to pull in another well-known shooter.

Digital Extreme's free to play third person shooter Warframe has been announced for a Switch release. No release date has been given for the game, which has been in active service on PC and console for five years.

The port of the game to Switch is being handled by Panic Button, who ported Doom (2016) and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus to Switch and were teasing a new project to be unveiled in July.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I'm happy to see new games coming, but I am a bit dismayed if this is the next thing Panic Button is working on. I know they won't exclusively port Bethesda titles, but I was hoping for a Fallout port.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Happy to see another shooter coming to the Nintendo Switch. I wonder if it will have motion controls?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Interestingly, Warframe uses a proprietary game engine called Evolution. Add another engine to the Switch list.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
I played some of this on PC a few years ago. The gameplay is good, but I really don't like the character designs. I wont be playing it again.