Author Topic: Rayman Legends Developer Demo with Michael Micholic  (Read 5812 times)

Offline Norex

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport
Rayman Legends Developer Demo with Michael Micholic
« on: July 24, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »

Learn more about Rayman Legends by watching our video walkthrough.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/31130

In the following video demonstration, Ubisoft's Michael Micholic takes us the through the E3 demo of Rayman Legends.

Offline DEDwyer64

• View Profile
Re: Rayman Legends Developer Demo
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 05:31:56 PM »
Oh man. The rhythm level is so SWEET! ;D

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »
Precious new Wii U Footage! I don't who this Norex is, (Dr. Seuss Character, now at IHOP?) but I like him!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 06:46:55 PM »
Oh man. The rhythm level is so SWEET! ;D

That level's a lot of fun to play, especially the co-op elements. I was really impressed with the game at E3, to the point that it made me really not care for NSMBU by comparison. There's a good chance I'll be picking this up day one.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 07:04:38 PM »
Interesting how the rhythm level is based off the super hard secret stage from Rayman Origins, and the music is even a remix of the music from the final section of that stage.  Since that stage of Origins was the real ending of the game, I'm guessing Legends story picks up right where Origins left off then with Rayman still in the Underworld.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 07:27:45 PM »
Everytime I look at this game I forget New Super Mario bros. U.... argh, but people keep telling me that Mario is also great fun to play on Wii U! I don't think I can afford to buy both!!!1!!1
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 07:33:36 PM »
Everytime I look at this game I forget New Super Mario bros. U.... argh, but people keep telling me that Mario is also great fun to play on Wii U! I don't think I can afford to buy both!!!1!!1

If you can only afford one of them, buy Rayman. I enjoyed it a lot more than Mario.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 07:44:16 PM »
Don't count Nintendo out.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »

Well if money is a huge concern you're better off buying NSMB U first since that game will probably stay $50 for the next five years.  Rayman on the other hand will probably have it's price drop to $20-30 by the Spring like Origins did so you'll be able to buy it much cheaper only a few months after launch.

I'm not saying which game will be better, but if money is your number one issue I'm just saying there's a good chance Legends will be much cheaper in the future while NSMB U will stay the same price for a long time.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »
This is incredibly well designed and looks absolutely striking. I adore the ending and how the music fits the movement of Rayman and the platforming action.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline thedefalcos

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 10:44:47 PM »
I have some questions regarding this game, maybe in comparision to NSMBU?

1. How comfortable to the controls feel? Holding the pad with one hand and scribbling with the other looks uncomfortable to me.

2. Is it worth buying just for the single player? Same question for the multiplayer...

3. How difficult is it? It looks about on the same level as NSMBWii.

I want at least one good multiplayer game (other than Nintendo Land, that doesn't count) on Launch Day and I know it will be between this and NSMBU.

You are the guys are rely on for these kinds of questions. I hope you can answer some of them.

Offline Penguin_Of_Thyme

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 12:10:04 PM »
I have some questions regarding this game, maybe in comparision to NSMBU?

1. How comfortable to the controls feel? Holding the pad with one hand and scribbling with the other looks uncomfortable to me.

2. Is it worth buying just for the single player? Same question for the multiplayer...

I want at least one good multiplayer game (other than Nintendo Land, that doesn't count) on Launch Day and I know it will be between this and NSMBU.

You are the guys are rely on for these kinds of questions. I hope you can answer some of them.

I actually haven't played Rayman yet, but I was there filming the video so I will at least give you a answer to the first question and tell Ariel who played it to check out the forum thread.

Question 1 Answer: In the video, there are two people playing Rayman at the same time. One person has the Wii U GamePad and does all the touch screen stuff while the other plays with either a Wii Remote or Controller Pro and controls Rayman. It is unknown at the moment exactly how the single player mode will work, but you will likely do a lot less touchscreen stuff or none at all in single player.
Jared Rosenberg
Video Producer, Nintendo World Report

Offline Norex

• View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »
I have some questions regarding this game, maybe in comparison to NSMBU?

Hey! I'm here to save your day!!

1. Comfort? Your question is a concern that many people have and rightfully so. I have to say that the Wii U GamePad is way lighter than you would think, that thing is bizarrely light... However, I do imagine that holding it with one hand might become tiresome after an hour or so. Fortunately for me, you can't see it in the video but I was actually just resting the GamePad on my lap, while using my left hand to keep it stable. Because it is something that you can just keep on your lap, this becomes way less of an issue.

2. As far as whether its worth buying or not...
Single Player: Considering we haven't seen the game in its totality there's no way I can fully say **** YEA buy this game! But based on what I played and Rayman Origins it definitely looks like a game you should put into your launch list. The game seems like it will be Co-op throughout so I would be best to hold on till we get more details about how focused it will be on the Co-op element before buying it solely for singleplayer.
Multiplayer: Here's a little secret... I actually wanted to play the GamePad roll, in other words I think both aspects of gameplay will provide a satisfying experience for all people playing. Problem is, will you want to share...

3. Considering you have 2 different type of gameplay (one on the Pro Controller & one on the GamePad) I think I should address both when it comes to difficulty.
Pro Controller: Playing the game on the Pro Controller feels exactly the same as it does playing Rayman O on an XBOX360. Rayman Origins was somewhat difficult at times and I would imagine that Legends will include puzzles to change things up. From what I remember NSMBWii wasn't too difficult so I'm going to go ahead and say that Rayman Legends feels a bit more changing as did Rayman Origins.
GamePad: While gameplay using the GamePad was pretty easy (there were some challenging things to do) One thing it really has going for it is that it's really fun. One of the best examples I think, was the puzzle in the video where I had to hold the GamePad like a steering wheel and turn it left and right in order to get my partner out of the circle maze safely. Like Michael Micholic said in the video, this game makes it fun to die (at least while playing multiplayer).

Hope I answered your questions well!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:53:40 PM by Norex »

Offline Norex

• View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 03:00:49 PM »
Precious new Wii U Footage! I don't who this Norex is, (Dr. Seuss Character, now at IHOP?) but I like him!

LOL, I believe that is the FALORAX you are speaking of!

Hey, I can't take all of the credit, you guys wouldn't have all of the sweet new footage without Jared.

Also, you might want to check me out on the upcoming Connectibites... Neal is away so Patrick and I are going to burn the house down lol, while covering the news of course...
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]...SHHHH[/size] don't tell NEAL

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 03:47:49 PM »
I'm interested to see how the game works when no one is playing on the GamePad. Still, Origins was dynamite, and this seems to pick up right where the other left off.