Author Topic: "Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to the Internet Thread  (Read 885238 times)

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #2300 on: November 30, 2010, 11:22:25 PM »
No, it doesn't realize that, because it's a bot. Must be related to these bots:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=1830.msg640869#msg640869

Shhhh... Mop! Can't you see that jrlibrarian was initiating the Turing test? 
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: "Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to the Internet Thread
« Reply #2301 on: December 18, 2010, 02:14:26 AM »
Hey all,

Been registered for a month or so, but haven't posted until tonight.  Got introduced to Radio Free Nintendo by an old co-worker, was my first podcast and so far still my favorite (for video game discussion at least) .  Everything else I've heard so far sounds like people being paid by their respective company, or apologists for bad gameplay.

Anyway, I look forward to being a more active member within the next coming months.  Seems like a cool community here.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2302 on: December 18, 2010, 02:22:44 AM »
Hello lolmonade.
Welcome to the site.

What types of games do you like and what games have you picked up this year?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2303 on: December 18, 2010, 02:55:04 AM »
Welcome to the boards, always nice to see fresh faces.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 18, 2010, 02:55:49 AM »
Hello lolmonade.
Welcome to the site.

What types of games do you like and what games have you picked up this year?

Hey, thanks.

Genre-wise, My preferences are usually fighting games, action/adventure, platforming, or anything that provides a fun, new experience (Heavy Rain being the last game that made me feel was unique).

I've purchased several games this year, but due to finishing up my graduate degree, haven't been able to play through several of them, so I'll just mention a few I've had a chance to play:

Kirby's Epic Yarn - This game is just bursting with charm.  Between the fun storybook narrative, simple to play and challenging to perfect level difficulty, and completely unique art style, this is one of my contenders for game of the year.  Also commendable for how they took out the main function of every other Kirby game (eating enemies to gain their powers) and made it still feel like a Kirby game.

Heavy Rain - Glorified Quick-Time Event simulator comments aside, it accomplished reeling me in to play through it a few times to see what the outcomes were.  Wasn't quite worth retail price, and isn't a leap forward for storytelling in general, but was a step in the right direction for video game narrative and multiple ending stories

Super Street Fighter IV - This is what should have been released in the first place.  I fear the cycle is going to repeat itself with Capcom releasing yearly updated games with small tweaks & features, further dividing the online community.

Super Mario All Stars Wii - Never owned a copy, and preferred getting these games on a disc than VC.  Good times with my wife, but wish it would have been $5 cheaper for what was in there.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Played about 5 hours worth.  I enjoy the deviation from the console versions in terms of story and premise, but feel like something was lost in translation gameplay wise.  It seems too easy, for the lack of a better word (maybe I'm just too early in the game).  I'm also not the biggest fan of touch screen combat.  I wish it was more like Chrono Trigger DS with touch screen menu & maps at the bottom, and ability to use buttons, or at least an option to do so. 

Demon's Souls - I haven't been more aggravated by a game since Super Ghouls N Ghosts, but I'm a glutton for punishment so I can't help but love both games, and it's very rewarding to finally finish a boss after such a lengthy trial & error process.  I haven't yet figured out the RPG elements and what each stat does though.

Games I'm looking forward to playing: Dragon Quest IX, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Any suggestions of other games to be on the lookout for?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:59:44 AM by lolmonade »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2305 on: December 18, 2010, 03:59:47 AM »
Hmm for fighting games I would try out Tatsunoko vs Capcom. If you have played the versus series of games it is like that.It is a 2-D fighter and it has online play too.

For action games I would try out No More Heroes 2:Desperate Struggle. It is basically an action game where you fight up the ranks of 50 and you try to get to be the best killer. It also has lots of 8-bit charm and it is funny too at times.

Red Steel 2 I heard was pretty good and it uses Wii Motion Plus. I heard it controls really well.

You mentioned Demon Souls and I keep getting it seen brought up with another game,Monster Hunter Tri since some people think they are similar. I picked up the game at the begining of June and really haven't played anything else since. They recently had the last new event quest for online but all the previous event quests will cycle around again. I have spent roughly 830 hours with the game since I got it. I think I have almost done everything I want to do with the title except for a few things like upgrading a few weapons fully and finishing a few sets. We have a topic in the Matchmaking section of the forum that we use to meet up with each other and talk about the game.

Out of these I mentioned I have really only played MH3.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: December 18, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »
It looks like I'll have to get Monster Hunter Tri a try. 

On an unrelated note.  What's with this score thing?  I see my score is a "-1".  What does this mean?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2307 on: December 18, 2010, 01:41:22 PM »
If somebody likes your post, they can applaud you (+1). If they don't, they can smite you (-1). It's just for fun, the score doesn't affect anything.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: December 19, 2010, 10:28:03 PM »
Hooray Newbies! :kisses:

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 19, 2010, 11:48:32 PM »
And naturally, smited.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline beetleman99

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: January 02, 2011, 08:28:41 PM »
Hey I'm new! A stranger comes to this seemingly all-American site (I apologise to anyone from outwith America).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2311 on: January 04, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »
Yeah most people here are in the states with some in Europe and Australia.
Anyways welcome to the site.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adamab

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
saying hi
« Reply #2312 on: January 07, 2011, 05:18:36 AM »
Hello everyone!
I am wiki,new here.Reading books is my hobby and I would like to participate this forum. I hope you to share my ideas! I hope I get good response.I want to thank administrator for giving us the space for sharing our knowledge. There are  lot of people with good knowledge here.Thanks To all friends.Have a Nice Day.

Offline soniaraza

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Any body here
« Reply #2313 on: February 01, 2011, 11:56:26 AM »
 I am new born member of this forum.  Just  back. I have to be welcomed by you all.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Any body here
« Reply #2314 on: February 01, 2011, 12:21:32 PM »
Welcome

Offline kiranali

• View Profile
hi
« Reply #2316 on: February 03, 2011, 06:45:33 AM »
 Hi everyone and welcome to all.please introduce yourself.

Offline TGM

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: February 12, 2011, 02:48:27 PM »
O hai there internetz!

TGM here. I'm a Metroid fan and a firm believer in the power of aesthetics. Therefore, Metroid Prime is my favorite game and Retro Studios my favorite developer. (They have such a great underdog story...)
The cake has been a lie ever since Super Mario 64.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2318 on: February 12, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »
Welcome to the site.:)
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ericmcgee3374

• View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: February 24, 2011, 03:14:50 AM »
Hey, Im Eric. Im new to this forum. Im an all tnime Nintendo user. Hope to stay and have fun.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:41:18 AM by MegaByte »

Offline MV

• View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: March 02, 2011, 07:50:23 PM »
Hello, all! I've been lurking here for a while without registering for a while, listening to podcasts and reading reviews and such, and just decided to join. I've never really been one for introductions, so I'll keep this simple, I suppose.

I'm a high-school student who lives in Atlanta... I like history, swimming competitively, and football. I'm really into Nintendo and SEGA video games, and I own a few consoles but my favorites are probably my Game Boy Advance and Dreamcast. I've recently played WarioWare Twisted on the GBA and picked up Shenmue for the Dreamcast... as for recent games, I just bought Mario Sports Mix and Bit Trip Flux. I also write some video game reviews for my friend's website, if you for some reason care.

See ya around!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2321 on: March 02, 2011, 07:52:52 PM »
Welcome to the board. If you ever feel like posting your reviews here as well, there is a board dedicated to reader reviews of games. I hope you enjoy it here.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: March 08, 2011, 09:50:46 AM »
I'm Silenced, video game and mafia fan. I wanted to come here cuz this site has a good mix of things: general chatting, video games, and mafia.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: March 08, 2011, 12:42:02 PM »
I'm Silenced, video game and mafia fan. I wanted to come here cuz this site has a good mix of things: general chatting, video games, and mafia.

HEAR THAT CRIMM? YOU DONT NEED TO BE ASHAMED OF US ANYMORE

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2324 on: March 08, 2011, 01:10:57 PM »
Silenced I'm curious where you played Mafia before? I know there is the in real life verson where everybody is in the same room and then the forum type. Which have you played?
Alexis, she/her/Miss