Author Topic: Eternal Mafia Day I  (Read 14133 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Eternal Mafia Day I
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:42:09 PM »
Through some unknown force, all of the heroes who fought valiantly against the eternal darkness have returned to the Roivas Mansion alive after so many years. It quickly becomes apparent that somehow the ancient Chattur'gha is back and causing trouble again in a quest for total power. They also realize through a vision of Mantorok that amongst them are several traitors including, somehow, the thought defeated Pious Augustus, right hand of the evil ancient. It is quickly determined that those gathered must determine who among them were not who they claimed to be and eliminate them.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal Mafia Day I
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 08:23:59 PM »
un-vote Mop it up

She doesn't even really want to play.  And I'm a GameCube.  I was born to Play It Loud!

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 09:14:49 PM »
I would tend to agree with thatguy, but since Stratos knows this I don't think he would give her a Mafia role (unless it's randomly generated), so wouldn't we just be killing the numbers of Townies?  Or maybe that what he wants us to think!

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 09:21:19 PM »
This also happened last time. A lot of people lynched certain members, finding out the next morning that they were innocent townies, depleting their own side.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:29:17 PM »
I would tend to agree with thatguy, but since Stratos knows this I don't think he would give her a Mafia role (unless it's randomly generated), so wouldn't we just be killing the numbers of Townies?  Or maybe that what he wants us to think!

I can't speak to what Stratos is doing here, but most hosts select roles randomly to prevent  any unintentional bias to come through and make it about analyzing the host's choices instead of playing the game.

This also happened last time. A lot of people lynched certain members, finding out the next morning that they were innocent townies, depleting their own side.

That happens in many, if not most games, at least the ones I've been a part of. The first few days are hectic, because you really don't have anything to go on, so its fairly common to lose townies because of how many more there are than mafia members.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 09:29:41 PM »
That happens virtually every game.  I should know.  I know games.  I know cubes.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 09:32:55 PM »
My first instinct is to vote for Thatguy, on account of how terrible he is, but I'm going to take a little time to think about it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 09:36:04 PM »
My first instinct is to lie motionless.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 10:16:22 PM »
The first vote is always the worst, since there are literally no clues and the bad guys could easily lead a vote if they ain't scared of being figured out. :\

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 10:28:29 PM »
Thinking about the bonethief...

It takes control of the person's voting behind the scenes. It basically gets to choose that person's vote each night it controls the victim. The infected player can still post votes and act normal, but their vote is changed by the bonethief during the night actions like a regular 'vote changer' role would do. The infected player CANNOT reveal their status in the main threads or else they will be instantly killed by the bonethief as it bursts out of the player's body to flee and avoid being caught, so the bonethief's identity remains anonymous. They can tell people in PM's.

Protip: PM me
Comedy option: PM everybody

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 10:36:02 PM »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 10:46:58 PM »
Is that Mop It Up with Thatguy in the background?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 11:23:47 PM »
I'm a GameCube.  No feet.  Just a handle.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 11:36:23 PM »
Vote Stratos

Aw, I never know what to do when he's the host...

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 12:29:17 AM »
Hmm...what to do, what to do! anyone got any reliable info?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 12:41:21 AM »
I say either thatguy (because his GameCube roleplaying is already getting tiresome and also I never liked him before that) or ThePerm (the usual reasons).

J.P. Corbran

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 12:48:38 AM »
To be fair, ThePerm has no controller.  He's like the TV.  He's not a part of the game.

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 01:24:06 AM »
Oh good. I thought this game started yesterday and I missed the first day but to my pleasant surprise I'm right on time. *pat self on back*.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 02:01:59 AM »
So, many great choices. I could vote for Vudu who said he couldn't play today but would be around for the rest of the game just to let him watch from the sidelines for the rest of the game.

I could vote Maxi who I think may be the only person to actually read the rules for this game and has asked Stratos a lot of questions about how everything only to get voted out and have all that work for nothing. Plus, for a guy who was waiting forever for the game to start and hasn't posted yet is suspicious.

I could vote out Plugabugz because for once the day and night actions should work great for his timezones and I could screw him out of the first game that he could actually have a good shot at playing well.

I could vote out mop it up because it is cruel.

I could vote stevey for old times sake but that's not funny anymore. However voting out Nickmitch for no good reason except to say he always lays low and never plays the game even though he actually does is still funny.

So many exciting and fascinating options of screw you possibilities.

But in the end, what could be better than picking on someone new?

I Vote Sundoulos.

Yeah I know, apdude is a new player as well. The difference is Sundoulos is expecting to have a baby very soon and it might even be during this game and I can't think of a better gift than setting up him for the disappointments to come. Too far? I had a lot of other lines I thought of losing but thought this was the least hurtful. *pat self on back for showing restraint*
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 02:23:35 AM »
First of all I Wiimailed you about the game starting today. So at least you could give me a break as far as voting me out.
I have been keeping my eyes on some things.

2nd of all vudu said he could play from the 9th on. He is basically the reason we are starting today.Today is the ninth.

Finally Sundoulos wife has already had the child.

Please if you are going to vote someone out at least get your facts straight.

For the time being I am going to vote apdude.

It might change later it might not.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 02:45:49 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 03:50:20 AM »
Caution: theory mafia ahead

Keep in mind, there are two vote-changers, one good guy and one bad guy, so a vote may not mean much unless it's stacked by two votes or more. This favors the bad guys substantially since they know who they are, but the good guy (psychologist) still has to guess.

So think about what happens in a close vote - the bad guys will change the vote away from themselves, or arbitrarily change it if both top contenders for a vote are good guys. What happens the next turn is that whoever almost got voted out will probably get voted out, and that will be whoever was up for vote just before. Both scenarios are worse than having a strong margin of votes in the first vote.

For the psycholigst, arbitrary vote changing without intel or statistical probability is a bad move, as it makes it more ambiguous as to who is changing votes and why; it obscures the mafia's actions. Wait until it's actually probable that you're changing a vote to a bad guy.

I think the smart thing to do would be for the librarian, if I understand their role correclty, is to use all 3 of the investigations they get immediately, identify themselves in PMs with the good guys they find, and start a solid voting group.

Also, in the interests of substantial numbers of votes, I'll vote this because I like thatguy's brazen immediate vote, I don't think the bad guys would do it. But my door is open if some guys want to get together for a voting bloc.

vote Mop it up

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 04:01:10 AM »

Leon: hey sir with the green sparks...did you notice anything strange?

bone thug: Not really, just the usual bunch crazed cultist monks.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 04:14:24 AM »
I don't understand anything, I work at a gas station

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 05:09:42 AM »
To be fair, ThePerm has no controller.  He's like the TV.  He's not a part of the game.

But in this game remember that it uses the TV in very unique ways to play with your mind ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 06:41:08 AM »
Vote thatguy since I'm playing it on a Wii and his presence is no longer required.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.