Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Has anyone played....?

<< < (2/2)

Lemonade:
Fenyx Rising is very good, but I played it on Series X, so I dont know what the Switch version is like

Mop it up:
The only one I can comment on is Monster Hunter Stories 2.

The game is pretty similar to its predecessor and features a largely new cast of characters including a new protag, and in different locations, so the story has little relation to the original. Your character still has Navirou as a helper, the same helper from the first game, and he's mainly the one who references those events. Some nods may go over your head but there's not really anything you need to know pertinent to the story so you shouldn't have any trouble jumping straight into 2.

I would say that the game is better but also feels pretty samey to the original so it's a little disappointing as a sequel. If you never played the original though then this won't matter to you. There are a few improvements here and there, a couple more wrinkles to battles to mix things up and building monsters is a little less convoluted, and a few other odds and ends. Overall the flow of exploration, combat, and monster collecting is very similar to the first game. Unless you think you'd really like this game and would want as much of it as you could possibly get, there's little reason to play the first over its sequel.

While playing the regular Monster Hunter games is certainly no requirement, you may not appreciate the game as much as someone familiar with the franchise and monsters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version