Author Topic: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. Day 2.  (Read 21565 times)

Offline Hestu

• Megaton Hammer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. Day 2.
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 08:28:42 PM »
Okay so I think the best course of action is to keep votes low to try and avoid much loss via bomb mask
Crakalaka! The only problem with that is that it may give the baddies an easier time to control the votes. It's certainly a dangerous situation any way you look at it! Dangery danger!

Offline Happy Mask Salesman

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 08:36:58 PM »
What happened yesterday?  I'm so confused!

Ahem, anyhow, it appears based on yesterday's actions that I'm not the only mask salesman within this fellowship.  There are some of you wearing some masks to give a face that APPEARS to be spreading happiness, but you take off that mask in secret to plot out some treacherous plans.  Whose playing games to move a vote to your humble salesman yesterday, only to not tilt the final vote to bring the knife to my throat and take my prized mask collection for themselves? 

I do not know.  I still sting some from the knife being pointed at me yesterday.  I will put on my sadness slug mask and feel this out for now before I make my next business venture.
Howdy!

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 09:38:29 PM »
Okay so I think the best course of action is to keep votes low to try and avoid much loss via bomb mask
Crakalaka! The only problem with that is that it may give the baddies an easier time to control the votes. It's certainly a dangerous situation any way you look at it! Dangery danger!

It is true that is a possibility of happening.   But at the same time joining votes may be the easiest way to vote out Majora's Mask. All of us are on a timer until Day 8 or Majora's Mask is gone from the game.
Feels like there's a push against Dark Link and I'd like to hear some reasoning on it.

Well I think Dark Link is trying to hard to cause strife with other players and I think he WANTS to be voted out. Like if he were in my kingdom he would want to destroy all my bugs because that is just how he works and main purpose.   That is my reasoning on it.

"...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person! Still, you're wearing those clothes, so that tells me you like bugs too! Oh, boy, I forgot the formalities! You have an audience with the princess of the bug kingdom. Agitha is my name!"

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 09:40:17 PM »
Also sorry for not being around for most of the day.  I was spending time with a good friend today. Saw a movie and did some shopping.
"...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person! Still, you're wearing those clothes, so that tells me you like bugs too! Oh, boy, I forgot the formalities! You have an audience with the princess of the bug kingdom. Agitha is my name!"

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
https://ravizon.herokuapp.com
Buy tools! Buy weapons! Rent votes!

Offline Fi

• Bombchu
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 11:15:17 PM »

It is true that is a possibility of happening.   But at the same time joining votes may be the easiest way to vote out Majora's Mask. All of us are on a timer until Day 8 or Majora's Mask is gone from the game.

Analysis indicates that as long as there's a bomber in play the Mafia will be limited in their ability to directly control the vote in that fashion without risk to themselves. There is a 67% probability that they will spread their votes in an attempt to minimize potential losses to the bomber.

Offline Moblin

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 11:21:39 PM »
un-Vote Linebeck

He voted for me. I don't want to be voted out, so I can't let the margins be so slim. I certainly don't want a day 2 elimination because people have a prejudice against moblins.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:36:29 AM by Moblin »

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 11:24:28 PM »
Vote Cucco

I'd like to file a complaint but your customer service department is not responsive.  The Sward that sells darcness you sold me turned out to just be a stick with some tinfoil wrapped around it.

Apparently my previous message got lost.  Thats the last time I use "Happy Mask Carrier Pidgeon" for my important correspondences.  Thanks to your customer service manager I was able to get my issue resolved and  I look forward to receiving the Sword that Seals Darkness V2.0 soon.
- Certified Ravio Inc Customer Service Field Agent

Offline Great Deku Tree

• Slingshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 11:56:13 PM »
Everyone is acting suspicious.

Offline Fi

• Bombchu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2017, 12:49:12 AM »
Vote Linebeck

He voted for me. I don't want to be voted out, so I can't let the margins be so slim. I certainly don't want a day 2 elimination because people have a prejudice against moblins.
If you simply do not wish to be voted out than the optimal path would be to vote for Dark Link instead. I would like to request an explanation for your actions at this time and it seems that the best way to do this is to Vote Moblin.

Everyone I've spoken to through a PM claims to have received a PM from you about an alliance including myself and I joined to keep an eye on you but you seem unwilling to do anything with this alliance of yours at this time, despite the fact this alliance was meant to be, and I quote, "a campaign of active talking, and information compiling."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:23:11 PM by Fi »

Offline Fi

• Bombchu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2017, 01:11:24 AM »
Hypothesis: Moblin is Majora. He seeks to use a series of alliances merely to protect himself from being voted out. If he were to ally himself with the Killer or a Mafia member than they may choose not to kill him during the night action as they may be led to believe they can control his vote. This strategy will allow him to survive until the 8th day barring interference from the bomber or detective.

This may be seen as a premature accusation but it is the only logical explanation for his actions thus far.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:14:41 AM by Fi »

Offline Moblin

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2017, 01:19:48 AM »
Vote Linebeck

If you simply do not wish to be voted out than the optimal path would be to vote for Dark Link instead. I would like to request an explanation for your actions at this time and it seems that the best way to do this is to Vote Moblin.

I had thought about that, but I have other information from the PM side of things.

Someone told me that someone used the lens of truth and said that I was mafia. Which, is a lie. A very smart lie that I might use in later games. I have to give cred for that.

The someone who told about the incident wouldn't tell me who it was when I asked. But there seemed to be evidence in thier original PM that would indicate this person was the same person casting votes against me. I could be wrong. That is ho I interpreted it. If you need more info PM me.

This is why I went and voted for Lineback. It wasn't purely out of spite.

Fi, If you are mafia and you don't want to seem suspicious you should change your vote. Vote for Dark Link or anyone else. Don't vote for me. Say I get eliminated and it's revealed I'm a townie, then that is going to screw up your game tomorrow. Also, if I wind up dead tonight I have a backup plan similar to the end of Watchmen. Think ahead.

If you are a townie then you're too paranoid.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:27:27 AM by Moblin »

Offline Fi

• Bombchu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2017, 01:34:41 AM »

Analysis indicates that paranoia can be an optimal strategy in this game. ;)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 01:36:57 AM »
By the way, if you find you have to log back in to your Mafia account then it is probably because I was in it and then exited it myself. Great thing about this game is being able to see the private messages being sent. I love it. Unprecedented game action!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fi

• Bombchu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2017, 01:39:24 AM »

By the way, if you find you have to log back in to your Mafia account then it is probably because I was in it and then exited it myself. Great thing about this game is being able to see the private messages being sent. I love it. Unprecedented game action!
Case and point.

Offline Moblin

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2017, 02:07:07 AM »

Case and point.

As much as I want to stimulate a bunch of discussion. I am a night owl. That's why the 48 hour game was so appealing to me.

Paranoia is good, but being too paranoid hasn't worked well for dictators. OR if you've seen The Thing the character Clark. Sure we should have a healthy amount, but everything in moderation. Too much paranoia gets a bunch of townies killed. Hence, I didn't vote for Linebeck initially out of spite. It took me a few hours and some added fishing expeditions. I had time to go to an Italian Restaurant and get a sub. I'm still fishing. Everything you say is under analysis.  If I were mafia. I'd be sitting back. My greatest win as a godfather was me being extremely inactive. Which works well. Being too inactive as a townie didn't do much for me.

Offline Fi

• Bombchu
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2017, 02:25:34 AM »
For context this is the PM that Moblin sent me on day 1.

I have an idea. What if a group of townies formed a vigilante group? We could be a mafia against the real mafia. Recruit someone and we'll create a powerful chain. We'll keep it down to like 7 people. If we form a secret society we can monitor everyone from multiple angles.

I think we should have a campaign of active talking, and information compiling.

I'm going to message Epona with the same message.

Also, if I wind up dead tonight I have a backup plan similar to the end of Watchmen. Think ahead.
Analysis indicates that anyone is capable of claiming to be the bomber in a desperate bid for self preservation.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:35:52 AM by Fi »

Offline Moblin

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2017, 02:34:04 AM »
I sent Epona the same message. I accidentally sent it in a tiny font and Epona never responded.

I sent it to nobody else. Everyone else I sent random messages based on their character. I have not messaged everyone yet. There were two people I asked a separate fishing question.

Vote Linebeck

Everyone I've spoken to through a PM claims to have received a PM from you about an alliance including myself and I joined to keep an eye on you but you seem unwilling to do anything with this alliance of yours at this time, despite the fact this alliance was meant to be, and I quote, "a campaign of active talking, and information compiling."

For context this is the PM that Moblin sent me on day 1.

I have an idea. What if a group of townies formed a vigilante group? We could be a mafia against the real mafia. Recruit someone and we'll create a powerful chain. We'll keep it down to like 7 people. If we form a secret society we can monitor everyone from multiple angles.

I think we should have a campaign of active talking, and information compiling.

I'm going to message Epona with the same message.

If I sent this message to everyone as you claimed, then why would you need to publicly post it.

You keep getting caught in a lie.

unVote Fi you're the top suspicious player today.

Cuckoo, Linebeck, and Fi are my top suspects for mafia.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:09:14 AM by Moblin »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2017, 02:37:42 AM »

Remember players, Day 2 ends in a little under 21 hours from now. Don't you be forgetting to vote now.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2017, 02:40:11 AM »
Whatever owl. I'm the Hero of Time. I can make it any day I want. I can go back to the first day and vote if I want to.

Offline Moblin

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2017, 02:43:14 AM »
also, like to point out Fi outed the "secret society" on day two. A secret society of 4 people.

Fi and Epona were randomly chosen. Epona never responded. Probably because I accidentally sent a small font message. Fi brought in Cuckoo who I sent and I will publicize this because I want townies to win even if I have to go.

Who are the other Mafia members?

How would I know.  I'm not Mafia?  You have any leads?

Woops mixed up the punctuation.

Should be...

How would I know? I'm not Mafia.  You have any leads?

I asked Cuckoo the question on Mafia because I wanted to see if he would slip up. He did. In trying to feign obliviousness he failed at punctuation.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:46:19 AM by Moblin »

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2017, 02:48:58 AM »

Wow this thing actually does work!!

Vote Moblin

------------------------------------

Keep accusing everyone, and try to bully them to not vote for you. 

If we were all mafia would we be so stupid as to be the only ones voting for you??

Also have you never sent a typo?  Especially when you are trying to do some photo editing, watching the board and replying to a PM's.

You seemed like you would make a big deal of things like that which is why I sent the correction.  Apparently that is even more suspicious.  You just can't win with some people.  Plus the question you sent me seemed really suspicious to me like you are trying to deflect something accuse the other person of being what you really are.

Furthermore,

You mentioned that the prime strategy for mafia is to lay back not do much.  I cast one of the first votes yesterday while you did not, seems like your the one with something to hide to me. 

I can't speak for Fi or Lineback but right now their judgment seems more reasonable to me.
-------

Last bit of strategy from me for the night.

If Moblin is the bomber as he is implying now.  The best strategy to deal with it is to coordinate one vote against then have the doctor protect that one person.  If we all agree then we can make this happen and no one needs to reveal that they are the doctor. 

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 04:25:01 PM by Cucco »
- Certified Ravio Inc Customer Service Field Agent

Offline Fi

• Bombchu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2017, 02:55:56 AM »
Analysis indicates there is little evidence to suggest that a typo means that someone is mafia.

Offline Moblin

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2017, 03:01:36 AM »
Check your PMs

you all seem to be bandwagoning against me. If I go you guys are going to look stupid tomorrow, but as a team player I'm doing the right things.  The wrong thing would be to vote for Cuckoo. Cuckoo is simply suspicious. Fi is actively defending linebeck who is in the shadows right now. That puts him in the likely position as Goon. That's how either a goon would act, or an over paranoid townie.

I sent Fi PMs with illuminating information and he not only didn't back down, he said I was majora, and doubled down.

The only ones bullying anyone right now are the team of linebeck, cuckoo, and Fi. You're either mafia trying to stop my fishing expeditions, or really bad townies.

if you look at the history today. I woke up with linebeck voting for me. That's been my day. I have to mention you guys suck at secret alliances. Epona not so much, since he never joined. Epona is cool.

Offline Moblin

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2017, 03:07:52 AM »
Analysis indicates there is little evidence to suggest that a typo means that someone is mafia.

Yes it does. In an effort to feign obliviousness he might add a question mark in the wrong place. In a bout of short term paranoia he would have messaged me back. I didn't even notice until he messaged me back. He blew it.

I messaged another player, and they didn't screw up.

You guys are working really hard to defend each other when on day two we most likely shouldn't know who is and isn't in the group.

Other players can verify that I didn't message them about an alliance. Just Epona and Fi.

I made a joke with dark link about doing his bidding, but that was more of a joke about his character being a miniboss, while my character is simply an underling. Dark link brushed me off and told me he works alone.

Ravio i messaged about arrows.

Agatha I messaged about spiders.

The Great Deku tree  I messaged about which forum goer I think he is based on his sentence structure. He confirmed it, but I'm not sure he is telling the truth. Also, I will not reveal because of trust and stuff.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:12:02 AM by Moblin »