Author Topic: Kirby Anniversary Collection Games Revealed  (Read 11348 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Kirby Anniversary Collection Games Revealed
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 06:15:47 AM »
I will probably get this, but I won't spend more than $34.95 tops.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 08:45:29 AM »
I have to see the rest of the packaging.  Though I was personal hoping for these plus some obscure games in the Kirby universe.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »
That's what emulators are for. Sorry if that's against the rules, but unless you're Unclebob, you're not going to be playing those obscure games.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 11:03:16 AM »
That's what emulators are for. Sorry if that's against the rules, but unless you're Unclebob, you're not going to be playing those obscure games.

They aren't obscure to those of us who grew up playing them in our childhood.
is your sanity...

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 11:07:41 AM »
Why are you arguing with me? I wasn't the one who first used the word obscure. Cedric did. And considering he's 29...I guess even if you played with them as a child they're still obscure.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 12:45:09 PM »
Why are you arguing with me? I wasn't the one who first used the word obscure. Cedric did. And considering he's 29...I guess even if you played with them as a child they're still obscure.

Chill out dude. You always sound like you're pissed off... just relax.
is your sanity...

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »
I'm really not much of a Kirby fan (I find the vast majority of his games utterly boring), but this is a good collection so long as Nintendo keeps the price reasonable.  I'm a bit disappointed that at least Canvas Curse isn't included from the DS library, considering IIRC that top screen was barely used at all and the Wiimote can emulate the stylus controls just fine.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 01:24:24 PM »

Chill out dude. You always sound like you're pissed off... just relax.

I wasn't pissed. I sound intense because, well, I'm a very intense guy.

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 02:44:49 PM »
I'm a bit surprised. I was assuming this would be made up mostly, if not entirely, of Game Boy games-- I didn't think they'd bother including VC games already available on Wii.

This seems like kind of an odd move for them as Wii-owning Kirby fans who would be the most likely to buy this have likely downloaded a few of these already... And unlike with Super Mario All-Stars, these won't be special versions, they'll be the exact same games.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:46:57 PM by Bman87301 »

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 03:43:51 PM »
Oh look, they're actually putting new content in this collection.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/13/nintendo-made-a-new-mini-game-for-kirby-20th-anniversary-compilation/

There’s also a brand "More Challenge Mode" which is based on the challenge stages from Kirby’s Return to Dreamland. Kirby 20th Anniversary Compilation will have over 10 stages including "Sword Challenge" and "Fighter Match" where you have to use specific copy abilities.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 04:37:01 PM »
@Phil

Exactly.  There are very few and unique circumstances in which I would EVER prefer to have digital copies of things if I had the choice.

@nickmatch

Yea, the 64 title is the deal maker for me so I'm really glad to see that included

@tamazoid

Thanks for the assist re:Kirby 64.

@Luigi Dude

Neato!

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 07:16:21 PM »
According to GameLife, supposedly an art booklet, history booklet and a soundtrack CD will also be included.

Sounding pretty good to me! Of course, I was one of those weirdos who liked the Mario anniversary collection.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 07:20:51 PM »
I liked the Mario CD, but it was WAY too short (10 of the 20 tracks were less than 7 seconds long and only 6 tracks were longer than 2 minutes).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Thaneros

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 10:25:31 PM »
A better name for this would be Kirby: The Dark Matter Saga.... That pretty much whats all on the disc.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2012, 01:08:36 AM »
According to GameLife, supposedly an art booklet, history booklet and a soundtrack CD will also be included.

Sounding pretty good to me! Of course, I was one of those weirdos who liked the Mario anniversary collection.

Me too. On all counts.

I never had the SNES game. I'd never played Lost Levels before.  It was good stuff.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2012, 01:11:25 PM »

Me too. On all counts.

I never had the SNES game. I'd never played Lost Levels before.  It was good stuff.

true but there was that version of all stars that had super mario world as well in the cart i mean as long as you are selling roms you might as well sell the better version(unless you are capcom then you are evil)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2012, 01:17:55 PM »
i estimated the cost of getting that digitally
35$ at least(excluding eshop tax)

the art book and such thrown in makes this an easy buy

Offline Infinitys_End

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »
HAHA! I made the perfect prediction on which games were going to be in this.
You can see my post here: [size=78%]http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=37511.msg729461#msg729461[/size]

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »
A better name for this would be Kirby: The Dark Matter Saga.... That pretty much whats all on the disc.

Almost. Dark Matter isn't in Kirby Superstar or Kirby's Dream Land at all. Once I saw the name was Kirby's Dream Collection I figured we'd see all the Dream Land games. I am surprised that Kirby's Dream Course wasn't thrown in with Dream in the title. They could have added a puzzle game or 2 like Kirby Avalanche or Star Stacker. And I thought Kirby and the Amazing Mirror had a good shot of making the list.

Still, I'll be getting this for the artwork and cd and because I'm a Kirby nut and I actually have yet to play Kirby's Dream Land 2 which is really shameful since I always hear how it is one of the best of the Kirby games.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.