Author Topic: Nintendo Weighing Multiple 3DS Zelda Options  (Read 8328 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Weighing Multiple 3DS Zelda Options
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 11:59:38 AM »
Why must they pursue only one option? Why not do all of them?
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 12:12:29 PM »
Because they have finite staff members and resources.  Magically as Nintendo may be, they are not a genie.

I do have to say, I'm rather amused by some of the same folks on here who complain about Nintendo reusing the same themes/characters/concepts also wanting more Zelda - specifically, Majora's Mask and LttP remakes. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »
Why does it amuse you that core gamers want more of a core franchise?
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »
So everyone's happy with New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »
So everyone's happy with New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U?

Its better than the casual games it could have been.

And with that said, I think a lot of the griping you see over Nintendo milking too many sequels out of a franchise mainly revolves around the Mario franchise. How many Mario games have we seen the last 5 years or so? Every year we get multiple Mario games. I think that's what 90% of the griping is about. Other Nintendo franchises like Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox, etc. aren't getting these endless yearly repetitive sequels the way Mario does. That's why talk about a new Zelda still holds a lot of excitement, whereas talk of another Mario game isn't quite as exciting because there's just so many of them.
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 12:58:25 PM »
*actual* Mario games, still, aren't that common.  Sure, we get Mario-skinned games like Mario Tennis and Mario Party, but an actual Mario platformer (2D or 3D) isn't something we tend to get more than once a year.

Hell, it took nearly 20 years to get an original, new Mario 2D Platformer...  And now, because we're getting a few more (mind you, a new game for new systems... not even a same-system "upgrade"), well... Mario's played out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 07:47:06 PM »
13 years, not 20 (1992 to 2005). NSMBU looks like a really great game, I plan to get it (not sure on NSMB2 yet).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20