Author Topic: Mafia 63 introduction and rules thread.  (Read 3442 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Mafia 63 introduction and rules thread.
« on: June 19, 2014, 12:10:51 AM »
A man named George Ratcliffe was found dead yesterday and the ICMG, upon investigation has found that his insides were 'scrambled'. With the help of the Doctor, a time traveler who showed up on the same day, they were able to learn that George Ratcliffe was working with a race of creatures known as the Daleks. It appears that there are not one, but two opposing Dalek factions who both seek control of a device known as the Hand of Omega which the Doctor claims to have stashed somewhere in town a while back. However The Doctor believes that the ICMG has been infiltrated by both Dalek factions.

Group Captain Gilmore (cop): leader of the ICMG (Intrusion Countermeasures Group) he can use his sources in the British intelligence agency to investigate other players and find out their roles.

Important, Captain Gilmore has two day 0 investigations, use them wisely captain

The Doctor (Role blocker): Is aware of everything that happens at night and can prevent any night actions from happening. This ability can only be used Twice.

Dr. Rachel Jensen: (Doctor) Captain Gilmore's scientific advisor and medical personnel. Has the ability to protect someone but not herself

Dorothy "Ace" Mcshane: (Vigilante): instead of cowering in fear and screaming like his previous companions the Doctors current companion goes after daleks with baseball bats and her own specialized homemade explosive.

Mike Smith (Miller): a young man formerly employed to George Ratcliffe. Although he is functionally a normal townie should he be investigated Captain Gilmore will be told he is a Dalek.

important, the player given the Mike Smith role will not be aware of his role. Thus anyone given the role 'townie' could potentially be Mike Smith

The Mafias:
Imperial Daleks:

Davros (godfather): leader of the Imperial Daleks, registers as townie when investigated.

Special Weapons Dalek(role cop): A special forces Dalek who's advanced targeting systems can be used to investigate a player and learn of their roles. This ability can only be used twice. Dalek supreme, and Captain Gilmore are unaffected.

Imperial Dalek drone:

It's a regular dalek, what else is there to say. It shoots lasers and serves Davros. (Will be put into play when we reach 13 players along with its renegade counterpart)

Renegade Daleks

Dalek Supreme(godfather 2): Leader of the renegade Daleks. Registers as townie when investigated.

Little girl/battle computer(role cop): The Dalek Battle computer leeches off the mind of a little girl and her capacity for imagination. Because of this the little girl can be controlled by the computer by remote and used to investigate for player roles with the exception of Davros and Captain Gilmore. This ability can be used for night actions on days 2 and 4 and two additional times.

Renegade Dalek drone: I think of the two, this is the one you shake to get pepper. Oh nope, it's shooting lasers at me.

Tie rule: God so help you if there's a tie. I may just do nothing, I may kill everyone who voted for a tie, I may pick some people and apply the 'voteless' or 'suicidal' role to them, it's like landing on a bowser space in mario party, except no sympathy for fourth place.

but the fun doesn't stop there, I may stop noting if for example a mafia member is killed to increase the suspense or start lying to the investigative roles, I may  kill anyone that Rachel tries to save. I may also kill anyone who sends me a kill request, who knows.

Basically don't force a tie, or I start trolling the entire game

Because there is no killer starting on day 5 both dalek factions will be able to make a hit. Day 1 and 3 will only allow the renegade Daleks to make a hit while Day 2 and 4 will only allow the imperial Daleks to make a hit.

Silenced Godfather Clause: if the godfather cannot preform his duties for whatever reason one of his underlings may request a night kill in his place. However if both the godfather and his underling request a kill then the Godfather's kill request will be granted,

Night actions for all roles are due 20 minutes after the Days end. The Doctor will then be sent a list of night actions and asked if he wishes to block any of them (again this can be done twice), if you have a night action just PM me telling me who you want to investigate/kill/save.
Quote from: Night actions
To perform a kill night action (daleks, Ace)

Day ends at 12pm est, next one begins when I make a thread for it to begin.

Signed:
1. Khushrenada
2. Nickmitch
3. Silenced
4. Stratos
5. Ceric
6. Apdude
7. Spak Spang
8. Lucariofan99
9. Lolmanade
10. Stevey
11. Oblivion
12. Mop it up
13. Redblue
14. marvel_moviefan_2012

To vote, use the bold tag, like this
[B]vote pokepal148[/b]
vote pokepal148

To change your vote you must first find your current vote and applystrike tag to cancel it like this
[s]vote pokepal148[/s]
vote pokepal148 (the correct course of action)

and then make your new vote
vote Spak Spang (VENDETTA!!!!!!!!!)

Note: as mentioned in the signup thread I will be role playing as the Master. Those unfamiliar with the show should note that the Master has a tendency to be very manipulative. he seems to delight in messing with people, you probably shouldn't listen to him... oh and by the looks of things, speak of the devil:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:59:29 AM by Khushrenada »

Re: Mafia 63 introduction and rules thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 03:24:30 PM »
I don't have much experience to go by, but it seems to me like part of it is you guys play too many of these games. I think they should be like once or twice a year tops, maybe even less.

Now if you'll excuse me someone just set up a horsebox outside of my trailer. I'll have to see what this is about...

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:45:48 PM by pokepal148 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 63 introduction and rules thread.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 11:31:26 PM »
(And yes, I am planning to RP the master for this game)

Now some of you may be wondering why I decided to offer my services and take the time to host this game bit it's really quite simple. I personally quite enjoy watching members of such a primitive species try to play mindgames on eachother, I really find it quite amusing.