Author Topic: Episode 622: Fanciful Yet Relatively Simple  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Episode 622: Fanciful Yet Relatively Simple
« on: May 12, 2019, 10:44:13 AM »

This is Just how we describe One member of the RFN crew, who we won't be Naming.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/50493/episode-622-fanciful-yet-relatively-simple

With everyone deep into Spirit Tracks, and Jon auditioning for a "guest star" role on the show, there's just not enough New Business to fill a segment. Instead we lean into a heavy dose of Listener Mail. This week we: un-cancel a Nintendo game, pick annoying ringtones, create musical theater, make Spike stand-out, and dive deep into the Wikipedia Trap.

In between, James and Gui squeeze in a little dose of New Business. James has some final thoughts on Venture Kid, and then dives into cyberpunk bartending visual novel VA-11 HALL-A. Guillaume has a look at the DLC for Tesla vs Lovecraft.

Final Reminder: Your homework is due this Thursday, with our RetroActive of The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Turn in assignments here.

You can also email us your work, and your questions, via the inbox.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 622: Fanciful Yet Relatively Simple
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 11:38:30 AM »

Ever since his first appearance in SMB 3 Spike's defining trait has been the ability to store unfeasably large objects in his body that he just pulls out of his mouth. So Spike could be Bowser's walking storage container.

I want to see a Paper Mario musical that has all the actors wearing billboards with the characters printed on them.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 08:34:53 AM »
This retro tune from Runner 2 has been my ring tone ever since the game launched
https://youtu.be/aCnkmv8Bp8g
Its only 30 seconds long, so it is perfect for a ring tone, plus it just sounds cool.

Offline adadad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 11:11:23 AM »
This retro tune from Runner 2 has been my ring tone ever since the game launched
https://youtu.be/aCnkmv8Bp8g
Its only 30 seconds long, so it is perfect for a ring tone, plus it just sounds cool.

That is cool - thumbs up. Better than Buck Bumble that's for certain :P

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 02:29:57 PM »
Hey James? What about the time the email address was podcast@planetgamecube.com?

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 04:05:17 PM »
You're the Wa that I want
You are the Wa I want
Ooh ooh ohh

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 04:27:19 PM »
Chiming in to say that I love the extra effort of putting the musical interludes in!