Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What is your most recent gaming purchase?

<< < (483/486) > >>

Adrock:
I finally picked bought The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC (Switch) because it was on sale. Let's see how long it takes me to restart the game.

I similarly bought Bloodstained Ritual of the Night (PS4) and Dragon's Crown Pro (PS4) because they were on sale.

In preparation for the Analogue Pocket, I also bought Epilogue's GB Operator, expected to ship by the end of January 2022. It comes with the mGBA emulator, but I don't need that. I wanted it mostly for the backup and restore save functionality. I'm planning on replace the batteries on ALL of my GB/GBC/GBA games, and I don't want to lose those saves.

Finally, I bought a spice GameCube and Game Boy Player, used but looked to be in good shape. I always wanted one in this color and I wanted to keep my North American black GameCube stock (besides replacing the soldered CMOS battery with a battery holder). I picked up a few mods, notably

* GC Loader PNP with GC Loader SD mount which replaces the disc drive with an SD card reader. The mount covers the gaping hole from removing the disc drive. It's more for dust and aesthetic purposes.
* SD2SP2 which plugs into the previously unused Serial Port 2 for game saves.I may not need the last one, but it's cheap. Yes, I completely changed my mind on modding consoles. GameCube is one of my favorite consoles, and I'm a little nervous about the disc drive moving forward.

I also bought the Retro-Bit Prism HDMI Adapter for GameCube to make it easier to play on modern TVs. For interested parties, make sure you have the DOL-001 GameCube model that has the Digital AV Out port. I'm also considering the mClassic. Some say it works really well; others say it softens the picture too much. I recently let a sale pass as I want to see how the Retro-Bit Prism shakes out first before spending another $90.

M.K.Ultra:
I bought a bunch of games from the 3DS eShop because of the announcement of its impending closure. Most of these I have not played but they looked interesting and/or were recommended here in the forums:

* SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition cheap, looked cool
* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D deep discount
* 3D Streets of Rage 2 great 3D
* 3D Gunstar Heroes great 3D
* Liberation Maiden recommended here
* Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch! developed by Shin'en
* Attack of the Friday Monsters! recommended here
* Pirate Pop Plus cross-buy with Wii U (new 3DS only)
* Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai developed by Shin'enThis took care of about half of my wish list. Still trying to decide on the rest.

Khushrenada:
That reminds me. I was going to post some images of games I'd bought around August - October last year. I guess now is as good a time as any.

Many years ago, I posted somewhere in this thread about some GameCube games I was still thinking about purchasing and adding to my collection. I finally got around to getting them. I suppose there'll always be some other games I'd be willing to consider getting. If the price was right for something like Ribbit King or Animaniacs, I'd possibly still be willing to add something like that to my collection. But, at this point, I feel I'm pretty much set now on the titles I own or would want to own for the Wii U and GameCube. Getting close to that on Wii now as well.

Collecting and completing your game library is just like a game you play in real life! Woo!

Mop it up:
That's quite a haul for only a few months! But, why Superman 64? Like, why? WHY!

Adrock:
I imagine at least partially as a badge of honor for owning something that is universally panned like why people watch Tommy Wiseau’s “The Room”.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version