Author Topic: Top gamecube co-op games?  (Read 58440 times)

Offline crucifyed4us

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Top gamecube co-op games?
« on: March 16, 2005, 12:21:52 PM »
Does anyone have a list of games for the gamecube that is cooperative. My buddies and I loved TMNT: Battle Nexus 2, we REALLY would like to find another game with the same 4-player coop action. NOT a FPS, they are extremely outdated, and the RPGs are sort of old, but it would be nice to find a COOPERATIVE (not head-to-head) game where we all get to play!

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
RE:Top gamecube co-op games?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 01:01:34 PM »
Four Swords Adventures wins the top spot easily. Too bad you'll need some GBA's and cables. But hey, everyone should own a GBA by now. It's mad fun and I fully advise you to try it out.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 01:08:08 PM »
You actually liked TMNT 2:Battle Nexus  wow now that IS SAD. Anyways Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicals and Legend of Zelda: Four Swords adventures are excellent if you each have GBA's and GCN-GBA cables.

If you like shoot em upsAlien Hominid is great but Co-op is only 2 players or you can play the 4 player PDA games and Ikaruga is a good choice if you like a extremely hard shoot em up like gradius and Rtype its also for up to 2 players.

But the bottom line is that its hard to find CO-OP on any system because most games that feature multiplayer are that you verse each other instead of being cooperative.  And ironically most co-op type games ARE FPS's and RPG like.

Also Im not entirely sure but i think the lord of the rings game feature co-op(some one correct me if im wrong).  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Top gamecube co-op games?
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 01:16:51 PM »
Pikmin 2. 50 challenges you can defeat with two players. A brilliant game that's lots of fun.

Timesplitters 2 - It has an entire co-op mode, a great shooter that you can't NOT have fun with. Oh, not an FPS? Well nevermind then, but you're really missing out.

Tales of Symphonia is playable with 1-4 players, but that might get boring for the players that aren't the main player.

As was already mentioned, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures is a perfect co-op game.

Mario Kart: Double Dash can be played co-op I guess, with the two people on one kart mode, which can be really fun and hilarious, or boring depending on the people playing.

I'm sure you can find some co-op things to do in Super Smash Bros Melee as well.

Offline meldavid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 03:05:28 PM »
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike  has a pretty mad co-op mode which I've yet to finish cause I still can't find anyone good enough who has time to play with me.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 09:04:26 PM »
You want gamecube games where you and 3 other buddies can run around beating things up?

Three recommendations

Gauntlet Dark Legacy: Arcade beat em up fun with lots of powerups

Xmen Legends: Solid game with just a smidge of character building, just finished playing through co-op with a buddy

Hunter: Dark Legacy: Horror themed hack and slash, not as good as the other two, but still a blast.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 03:54:26 AM »
Yeah, as bad as the reviews for Gauntlet Dark Legacy are, if you are playing with friends it can still be a laugh riot, especially seeing as it can be found in bargain bins for 5-10 dollars.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 08:11:27 PM »
4-player co-op is very rare. Which is TEH SUK becuase I have two brothers living at home with me who I could play with if I had the option more often. FF: CC was a freaking BLAST though.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Top gamecube co-op games?
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 10:26:55 AM »
Finding this thread got bumped because of a spam post just above me (which will probably disappear once mods get here) was hugely disappointing.  Co-op games are awesome.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 10:54:34 AM »
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 is a big one I'd often hit up. Same with FF:CC and Four Sword adventures, as I had the whole 4-cord setup and me and my friends all had GBAs in some form.

if you wanted to, you could plug in the gameboy player and essentially play Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga as a 2 player game by having one player agree to operate Mario's Controls and the other agree to operate Luigi's.

a lot of the big ones like Rogue Squadron 3 and Timesplitters 2 already got mentioned.

I suppose... Wind Waker with the tingle tuner? I used to do that with friends, and then they'd troll me by spending all my rupees trying to blow me up.

Wrestlemania 19 for GCN isn't... terrible? and you could play co-op in tag team matches?

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 11:04:30 AM »
I actually played it on PC, but Lord of the Rings: Return of the King game (also on gamecube) with a friend was awesome.

One of my first co-op games ever.

I wished i could gather enough people to play WarioWare game on gamecube together...

Outside of co-op, my most played multiplayer game on cube is Soul Calibur 2.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:06:31 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »
I played the crap out of Hunter: The Reckoning on Game Cube, it had some pretty decent multiplayer co-op.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 06:20:54 PM »
Agree on Hunter. That was a staple for my friends and I. I always wished for a sequel.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 06:25:52 PM »
Timesplitters 2!
Nothing better!
Made you look ****.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Re: RE: Top gamecube co-op games?
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 06:47:20 PM »
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike  has a pretty mad co-op mode which I've yet to finish cause I still can't find anyone good enough who has time to play with me.

This is the one game I most want to play co-op... sounds like it would be a fantastic experience, but I just don't have anyone to play with. Almost ready to cut out and sell off my copy of the game, having given up hope.
 :(

Nah... Maybe one day it'll happen. My kids are getting older. Another 10 years and I can probably force my son to play it with me!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 09:57:02 PM »
If I lived near you I would play with you. I hold on to all of my old games in the hope I'll find a gaming buddy down the road who would be willing to hunker down and play through a bunch of them with me. I've already planned out my man cave and it will be awesome. Wife is all for it as well with the caveat I have to finish my degree and get a better job to PAY for all of it.

I figure the two X-Men Legends games would be great co-op experiences.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 08:50:09 PM »
Agree on Hunter. That was a staple for my friends and I. I always wished for a sequel.

There was Hunter The Reckoning: Wayward for the PS2.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 08:58:20 PM »
I played the first Xmen Legends through with my friend and it was fun. We started playing Xmen Legends 2 and a freaky thing happened. We were about a third of the way through and we paused the game to get snacks and beverages. The gamecube controller somehow fell of the table and landed upside down. I managed to exit the game from the fall. We both froze and watched in horror from across the room as it went into the saved game, scrolled down the saves, selected our main game save and DELETED THE SAVE FILE. It even clicked yes on 'are you sure?' Don't ask me how it happened. My friend looked at me and said "I'm not playing that game again!" And we never did.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 10:21:09 PM »

There was Hunter The Reckoning: Wayward for the PS2.

But it didn't come to the Gamecube. :(
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 07:55:49 AM »

X-Men Legends was great solo - it must have been awesome co-op!

I played the first Xmen Legends through with my friend and it was fun. We started playing Xmen Legends 2 and a freaky thing happened. We were about a third of the way through and we paused the game to get snacks and beverages. The gamecube controller somehow fell of the table and landed upside down. I managed to exit the game from the fall. We both froze and watched in horror from across the room as it went into the saved game, scrolled down the saves, selected our main game save and DELETED THE SAVE FILE. It even clicked yes on 'are you sure?' Don't ask me how it happened. My friend looked at me and said "I'm not playing that game again!" And we never did.

Bwahahaha... Sorry, but your friend's reaction is hilarious.

A couple of years ago I was playing through Toejam & Earl with a friend on the Wii Virtual Console. We'd play a little bit at a time, just plugging away for a few minutes anytime we'd get together, until eventually we were really far into the game. Whenever we ran out of time that day, we'd just exit to menu so that we could start from the same point next time.  Except this one time when a bunch of friends came over unannounced. We paused the game to see what was happening, then accidentally turned off the power before exiting to the menu. Immediately realizing what happen, we restarted to double check. Save state lost, all progress lost, going from 90% done to starting over... he just looked at me and shook his head.

The game has never come up in conversation or been played since.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015, 07:57:32 AM »
If I lived near you I would play with you. ...

Same story here, but I've resorted to having kids - a few more years and I should be able to force them to be my co-op buddies.   ;D

If you ever end up living in, or even visiting, New Brunswick Canada give me a shout.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »
Smash Melee....dame your rules

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Sega Soccer Slam (this game!)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 09:26:44 AM »
It is controversial for me to say this. 

Mario Kart: Double Dash

Then others people have mentioned. PSO,Four Sword, Crystal Chronicles, etc.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 01:16:47 PM »
Why is Double Dash controversial? I loved the dual kart setup. I was the driver and my buddy was the gunner. I would love to see that mechanic return in some form.

If I lived near you I would play with you. ...

Same story here, but I've resorted to having kids - a few more years and I should be able to force them to be my co-op buddies.   ;D

If you ever end up living in, or even visiting, New Brunswick Canada give me a shout.

\

I have a younger sister who loves Nintendo games so I get to play some with her. Our game of choice is Crystal Chronicles but it is tough to get two other people to get a full team. I imagine the same issue with be present in Triforce Heros.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 04:44:11 PM »
It's interesting that this topic was bumped up, as I feel like co-op options got even better and more plentiful on the Wii and beyond. It's a great time to team up, and even easier to do so with online options now.