Author Topic: FIFA 15 Heading to Wii and 3DS, Kicking Wii U Aside  (Read 10609 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
FIFA 15 Heading to Wii and 3DS, Kicking Wii U Aside
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:38:35 AM »

Well if a Wii U version won't sell, I guess a Wii version will!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37853/fifa-15-heading-to-wii-and-3ds-kicking-wii-u-aside

FIFA 15 is making its way to the Wii and 3DS, though no version for the Wii U.

While FIFA 15 for "next-gen" systems has multiple new features to set itself apart from previous entries, the Wii and 3DS versions most likely only have an updated roster as their selling point. The press release states "Not all game features are available on all gaming platforms." This is not new territory for Electronic Arts, last year's FIFA 14 on Wii and 3DS, was subtitled "Legacy Edition" and had no updates to gameplay or game modes.

FIFA 15 is coming to almost every platform, except for Wii U, releasing this fall.

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA 15 Heading to Wii and 3DS, Kicking Wii U Aside
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:43:43 PM »
In other words, FIFA '13 w/ updated rosters headed to Wii & 3DS again.
EA couldn't be bothered to do the same for the Wii U because.... VENDETTA

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:48:39 PM »
V FOR VENDETTA!
R FOR RED CARD!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »
EA - Masters of the Lazy Port!

These days, the only money EA spends on developing their sports titles is in making a new cover to repackage the same game and trick people into buying it again.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 05:28:02 PM »
It's a shame really, FIFA for Wii U uses the Gamepad well and is fun to play...

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »
Really EA? Would it be that hard to at least take FIFA Soccer 13, which you already released on Wii U, and update the rosters for FIFA 15 on Wii U? Would be better than nothing.

Offline Sonicsoymilk

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 08:53:14 PM »
Well, looks like another year of Football Manager for me~

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 09:16:12 PM »
Really no surprise here.  The Wii U version of Fifa 13 sold terrible, much worse than the Wii version.  Plus, even a updated remake of an HD version would cost more for the Wii U.  This is a sound business decision but don't let that rain on the blast EA parade. 

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 12:01:44 AM »
I'd argue FIFA 13 on Wii U is still one of the best games on the system in terms of using the GamePad. It's a real shame we'll likely never get second iterations of it or Madden, which also used it very well.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:35 AM »
I look at this as a positive. EA is making games on a Nintendo platform. No, it's not the platform we want it for, but this shows they will develop for Nintendo. As Nintendo continues to send Wii Us out in the wild and put the Wii U in a better market position there's a chance those games would be updated. I wouldn't say it's a great chance, but there's no vendetta where it will never happen.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 10:22:32 AM »

More like FIFA 11 with updated rosters. The Wii game hasn't changed in quite a long time and has been just a roster update the last few years.

Really EA? Would it be that hard to at least take FIFA Soccer 13, which you already released on Wii U, and update the rosters for FIFA 15 on Wii U? Would be better than nothing.

I would rather have nothing. I'm tired of getting half-assed games that are used as justification to drop support on a console.

I look at this as a positive. EA is making games on a Nintendo platform.

I personally congratulate them on doing the absolute minimum possible.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 01:56:32 PM »

More like FIFA 11 with updated rosters. The Wii game hasn't changed in quite a long time and has been just a roster update the last few years.

I bet the price hasn't changed though. Still selling for standard MSRP for all titles right?

I would rather have nothing. I'm tired of getting half-assed games that are used as justification to drop support on a console.[/quote]

They could atleast price them as such. $19.99 for the Wii or 3DS version of FIFA "2011 2015"

[/quote]

EA is rereleasing games on a Nintendo platform...
But at least they took the time to update the player names/stats where they have changed. That was nice of them. They could just release a roster DLC for $9.99* in the future though. save everyone time and money.

*still gotta make that ridiculous profit margin

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 06:59:25 PM »
Last time I checked these legacy editions were selling for $30. I guess that's ok but that's way too much for a literal roster update.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 11:05:17 PM »

I would rather have nothing. I'm tired of getting half-assed games that are used as justification to drop support on a console.

I don't see how we are better off getting fewer games ever.  There's really not anything else for them to drop.  And their games on other consoles sell quite well despite having flaws. 

EA is in business to make a profit.  They don't owe Nintendo a minimum level of games.  If they could make money on Nintendo systems there would be more EA games.

If they were making a ridiculous profit on Nintendo games, I'd expect to see more than they are turning out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 11:13:12 PM »
I don't see how we are better off getting fewer games ever.

I disagree.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 02:55:07 AM »

If they were making a ridiculous profit on Nintendo games, I'd expect to see more than they are turning out.

I said "Profit Margin", doesn't mean they were actually making a profit. Just that they have to have that giant mark-up over actual cost just because it's an EA game.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »

I disagree.

Lol, I'm sure I could make some great wall of shames for the PS2.  The PS2 had 3870 games of which many were crap.  The Wii had 1222 games of which many were crap.  Seems to be the theme, win the generation and attract crap games that can't sale on merit but may sell due to high userbase. 

Really I've never played any of those games and the 15 seconds I spent looking at that visual wall of shame is the most time I've spent thinking about them (and actually that was kinda of entertaining).  It didn't negatively affect my life at all that they exist.  If it negatively affects you that they exist, I feel bad for you. 

I said "Profit Margin", doesn't mean they were actually making a profit. Just that they have to have that giant mark-up over actual cost just because it's an EA game.

Guess what, every business tries to make a profit.  It's just funny that you like to rag on EAs business practice, but give Nintendo a pass when they do the same exact thing.  But I'm sure your argument would be well Nintendo games are worth it, but if you don't think EA games are worth it they are easy to ignore.

Remember when the Wii when Nintendo was the only console maker to make a profit day 1 and they took 3 years to drop the price of the Wii while the others had already had multiple price cuts by that point? 

Remember when Nintendo took 5 years to come out with Nintendo Selects on the Wii (previously players choice on Gamecube).  Until that time there were no official discounts on any Nintendo first party Wii software. 
Remember when Sony would remaster PS2 trilogies for $40?  And then Nintendo whipped together an HD remake of Windwaker in 6 months and charged $50? 

The reality is it I don't see the point of arguing EA gauges.  Everybody tries to get as much as they can for their product.  If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it.  EA games at least drop in price and I usually pick up their games 6-9 months after release for $10 which is what you think it's worth anyways.  So their model is only a loss if you absolutely have to have it on day 1 (hint you don't).  I still don't see how a lack of EA games is good in anyway for the Wii U.  Fifa 13 and Madden 13 were excellent games for the Wii U and are well worth the $10-13 they go for on Amazon. 

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »
The reality is it I don't see the point of arguing EA gauges.  Everybody tries to get as much as they can for their product.

Some companies even re-package their old game, stick a new title in it and sell it again! Brilliant!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 09:59:17 AM »

Guess what, every business tries to make a profit.  It's just funny that you like to rag on EAs business practice, but give Nintendo a pass when they do the same exact thing.  But I'm sure your argument would be well Nintendo games are worth it, but if you don't think EA games are worth it they are easy to ignore.

Remember when the Wii when Nintendo was the only console maker to make a profit day 1 and they took 3 years to drop the price of the Wii while the others had already had multiple price cuts by that point? 

Remember when Nintendo took 5 years to come out with Nintendo Selects on the Wii (previously players choice on Gamecube).  Until that time there were no official discounts on any Nintendo first party Wii software. 
Remember when Sony would remaster PS2 trilogies for $40?  And then Nintendo whipped together an HD remake of Windwaker in 6 months and charged $50? 

The reality is it I don't see the point of arguing EA gauges.  Everybody tries to get as much as they can for their product.  If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it.  EA games at least drop in price and I usually pick up their games 6-9 months after release for $10 which is what you think it's worth anyways.  So their model is only a loss if you absolutely have to have it on day 1 (hint you don't).  I still don't see how a lack of EA games is good in anyway for the Wii U.  Fifa 13 and Madden 13 were excellent games for the Wii U and are well worth the $10-13 they go for on Amazon. 

I had typed out a long point by point response, but it's my computer home and I guess I never hit send....

I'll just say that we are talking about EA's over priced roster updates of a game from 2011 being released as the new version for the 3rd year in a row.

And I criticize Nintendo just as hard if not harder for the extremely overpriced VC released games from 30 years ago.

Re: Wii
Why would they cut the price of a console they could keep stock ask the first 3 years!? That would make 0 (zero) business sense.

As far as HD remakes, I didn't buy any them.
So I criticize Nintendo just as hard if not harder than everyone else, or have you not seen my post history?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 11:51:27 AM »

I disagree.

Lol, I'm sure I could make some great wall of shames for the PS2.  The PS2 had 3870 games of which many were crap.  The Wii had 1222 games of which many were crap.  Seems to be the theme, win the generation and attract crap games that can't sale on merit but may sell due to high userbase. 

Really I've never played any of those games and the 15 seconds I spent looking at that visual wall of shame is the most time I've spent thinking about them (and actually that was kinda of entertaining).  It didn't negatively affect my life at all that they exist.  If it negatively affects you that they exist, I feel bad for you.

You're totally right.  I mean, the Wii never had a reputation for being a shovelware console or anything.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 09:38:29 AM »
Quote from: Soren
Some companies even re-package their old game, stick a new title in it and sell it again! Brilliant!

Remember when Nintendo allowed Gamespot to reprint Metroid Prime trilogy and X Chronicles and raise the price $20?  Brilliant.

Re: Wii
Why would they cut the price of a console they could keep stock ask the first 3 years!? That would make 0 (zero) business sense.
  That's my point. If EA can make money off these low cost efforts then it is a good business decision. Just like Nintendo's decision to take advantage of the Wii market and price gouge their consumers.

You're totally right.  I mean, the Wii never had a reputation for being a shovelware console or anything.

I really don't give a crap about reputation. I enjoyed my Wii console. I don't need external validation to enjoy things.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
Remember when Nintendo allowed Gamespot to reprint Metroid Prime trilogy and X Chronicles and raise the price $20?  Brilliant.

Last time I checked, Gamestop wasn't selling those reprints as "Xenoblade Chronicles 2" or "Metroid Prime Triology 2".

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 08:03:27 PM »

Last time I checked, Gamestop wasn't selling those reprints as "Xenoblade Chronicles 2" or "Metroid Prime Triology 2".

So bad to release a minor changed sequel for the same price, but good to release the exact same game as $20 more? 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 11:50:52 PM »
I really don't give a crap about reputation. I enjoyed my Wii console. I don't need external validation to enjoy things.

And I enjoyed (and still do) mine as well.  All four of them.

Doesn't change the fact that the reputation of the Wii in its waning years helped to shape the formative years of the Wii U's reputation (and thus, the amount/type of support it's getting).

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 12:33:13 AM »
So bad to release a minor changed sequel for the same price, but good to release the exact same game as $20 more?

No. I find both practices reprehensible. The difference is one company (EA) is being disingenuous about the product it's trying to sell. Which is exactly why I think saying that "arguing EA's price gauges are pointless" is wrong (or any company for that matter). They totally deserve to be called out in public for their crap.

Also, Nintendo price gouging? At what point exactly did Nintendo raise the price of the Wii in a manner that wasn't considered fair market value?