Author Topic: Podcast Editor Needed  (Read 1361 times)

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Podcast Editor Needed
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:56:43 PM »

Do you want to save the Newscast and edit its audio? Inquire within!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/sitenews/26978

We're looking for a podcast editor for NWR Newscast, as our current editors can't continue doing it for much longer. Please reply as soon as possible, as this position needs to be filled immediately.

• Ability to record a weekly podcast on Tuesday nights.
  • Willingness to organize news topics for the podcast, and keeping up with discussion topics.
  • An enthusiasm for putting together a great product, on a weekly (and timely) fashion.
  • Applicants should have a medium level of familiarity with audio editing, FTP, and XML. Though, as long as you have a zest for learning about audio editing, we can work with you.
  • Working at Nintendo World Report doesn't come without perks. While we're a volunteer site, we do offer access to the gaming industry, chances to attend events such as E3 and PAX, and review copies of games. We have been around since 1999, and members of our staff have gone on to work at THQ, LucasArts, Game Informer, G4, IGN, and more. Also, members of our staff have been published in Electronic Gaming Monthly, 1UP, GamePro, America Online, and many more.

To apply, send an e-mail to newscast-at-nintendoworldreport.com with a note about why you want to edit/join Newscast. A Skype interview and audio editing test will be required.

Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Podcast Editor Needed
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:33:32 PM »
Is it sad that I like to apply just to do the Skype Interview and Audio Editing test?  Newscast be fun and Tuesday is, knock on Wood, a normally light night for me now but, I haven't done Audio editing unfortunately though I like to try it.  Could you mention what Software is used for the Podcasts?  I like to play with it anyway.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:18:59 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what is the normal recording time for the Tuesday nights?   
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »
We usually start recording at 10:30 EST on Tuesdays.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.