Author Topic: Nintendomania Hits New York This Weekend  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Nintendomania Hits New York This Weekend
« on: September 23, 2005, 05:53:57 PM »
Just when you thought you'd never see "Miyamoto" and "Haylie Duff" in the same press release...

Raise the Woof: Nintendogs Now a Part of Pop Culture    

Fashion Show, Miyamoto Event Mark Worldwide Sales of More Than 1.5 Million

REDMOND, Wash., Sept. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- The smash-hit Nintendogs(TM) already has sold more than 1.5 million units worldwide.  That' s a lot of virtual belly rubs.  Nintendogs, made exclusively for Nintendo DS(TM), went on sale in the United States on Aug. 22 and became an instant sensation.  The week of Sept. 5, Nintendogs even was the subject of a weeklong plotline in the popular syndicated comic strip "FoxTrot."   Retailers nationwide are reporting shortages, although Nintendo ensures new puppy litters are on their way.    

This weekend Nintendo will host two major Nintendogs events in New York. On Saturday, real-life pooches will change the catwalk into a dogwalk as they showcase the latest in puppywear in the Nintendogs Doggy Fashion Show.  The clothes are the creations of Little Lilly, designer to the stars' dogs.  The dogs themselves are available for adoption through the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.    

Nintendogs' sophisticated artificial intelligence simulates a real dog in every way, and appeals to a broad range of consumers.  Owners pick a puppy from 18 different breeds; the pups respond to their owners' voices with the built-in microphone, and react to praise and positive reinforcement via the Nintendo DS touch screen.    

Attendees who bring their Nintendo DS units and a copy of Nintendogs will receive a special wireless message and virtual gift via Broadcast Mode from Napoleon Dynamite celebrity Haylie Duff.  Attending the event will be legendary video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario(TM), Donkey Kong(R), Zelda(TM) and Nintendogs, and television host Mark L. Walberg. The Nintendogs Doggy Fashion Show runs from 1 to 3 p.m. in Riverside Park, Pier I at West 70th Street.    

On Sunday, Miyamoto will make a rare U.S. appearance for fan appreciation from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Nintendo World Store in Rockefeller Center. He' ll sign autographs and continue the amazing momentum for his latest creation, Nintendogs . The first 200 people in line are guaranteed to get an autograph, and the first 10 in line who have a Nintendo DS and a copy of Nintendogs will be able to have their puppies interact wirelessly with Miyamoto' s dog in Bark Mode.  Miyamoto also will unlock and unleash a hidden breed in Nintendogs, the Jack Russell terrier, to fans at the store.    

Consumers who don't live in the New York area also will get a chance to receive the special Haylie Duff message and virtual gift at events in the future.  For details, along with downloads, video diaries and fun Nintendogs extras, visit www.nintendogs.com.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Nintendomania Hits New York This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 06:33:24 PM »
I was under the impression that the 442nd Regimental Combat Team/100th Infantry Battalion was the most decorated unit in U.S. military history.  Someone should clear this up.

442nd/100th was the all-Japanese-American unit that fought in the European theatre.  If there's a WWII story I'd want to experience in a game (let alone touch a WWII shooter), I'd want it to be their story.  
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KirbySStar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 02:28:45 AM »
What in God's name are you talking about?

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendomania Hits New York This Weekend
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 03:34:55 PM »
Oh I get it; Pro replied to this thread thinking it was the Call of Duty one, and then went to that thread and didn't see his post...
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 03:59:41 PM »