Author Topic: Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 1.  (Read 14014 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 1.
« on: November 16, 2021, 08:04:09 PM »
"Hello all! I'm Mayor Khushrenada and welcome to Shady Village located here in Hidden Valley. Unfortunately, some of you may know this place by its infamous nickname of Mafia Town.

I'm not sure if you are aware of the history of our little community so I'll briefly outline it for you. For quite few decades, our humble village become widely known as an agriculture gem thanks to the wonderful weather that occurred here year after year with abundant sunshine and plentiful rain. Local tradition believed that we were blessed by the Harvest Goddess and it was her power that ensured such a fine climate for us.

Sadly, many years ago, some nefarious individuals moved into this community with the goal of acquiring the Goddess's power for themselves. They disrupted the lives of many people here and our agricultural production as they sought to take control of this land. The disharmony they created seems to have had an effect on the Goddess and our weather as conditions can change suddenly from scorching heat in the morning to snow falling in the evening making it quite hard to grow anything.

The poor turnout of crops and livestock from the disastrous had an effect on the local economy with many having to move away including the villainous elements that no longer saw a profitable reason to stick around. Thankfully, things seemed to have started turning around for Shady Village. With things becoming peaceful again for the few who remained, the weather also seems to have begun mellowing out and returning to its former helpful ways.

Seeing so many more new faces moving into start a new life and make their mark with a farm or business of their own makes me feel the future of Shady Village is looking very bright indeed. With more wonderful people like you around then hopefully we can restore this community and shake off that ugly moniker of Mafia Town. Please feel free to check in with me if you need anything as you get settled in here."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 12:32:11 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Day 1.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 10:26:36 PM »
Announcement Post

Welcome to the 87th NWR Mafia Game. Your continued participation has helped us keep this forum tradition going for 15+ years!

Voting Time: For Day 1, the Day Thread will be open for a maximum of just about 50 hours. Voting will end and the thread will close at Midnight EST Nov. 19 aka 9:00 PM PST Nov. 18 aka Noon Perth Time Nov. 19. However, the thread and Day could end earlier if a Majority Vote is reached.

Majority Vote: There are currently 16 players still alive in this game meaning 9 votes would be needed to achieve a Majority Vote.

Contact From or Contacting The Host: If you want to contact me via private messages on the forum or through Discord and the NWR Server, I will be doing my best to keep checking both places and be available to you through the medium you prefer. As well, if you would prefer I contact you either here or on Discord then let me know and I'll try to make that my primary way to communicate to you for when I need to reach you on a matter.

While it is not necessary, if player's wish to include me in the messages they send to other player's, I am always grateful for that as it allows me to see how people approach the game and the rules and roles in place for it which is useful feedback for hosting future games and what to possible tweak or leave alone.

Voting Requirement: There is no voting requirement for this game. No one will be automatically eliminated if they haven't voted for so many days. I leave it to the players to decide if they will let other users stay under the radar with little voting activity.

Role-Playing: Feel free to roleplay from all manner of farming sims like Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons. Or perhaps you may want to go with any kind of farm type character in video games like Malon of the Lon Lon Ranch. Or skip the video games and go with any kind of famous type of farmer in pop culture media like Old McDonald or the couple in the painting American Gothic. The sky's the limit with what you may want to incorporate. Heck, you might just want to ignore the theme and do your own thing. Insanolord once hosted a Soccer-themed Mafia game and I just ignored that and did a NewsRadio roleplay instead. There is no rule about role-playing so don't worry about it nor do you have to even bother with it if you don't care about it. It's just something that can add some extra fun to the game and sometimes even inspires the host as they try to write up the unfolding story of the game.

Becoming An Eligible Bachelor/ette For Jamie: After the Announcements Post, I will make a post listing all the goods available for selection still in the game. I will be updating that post throughout the voting period so you can check that spot to see what is still available.

I think that about covers the necessary introductory game details. I suppose I'll just highlight quickly that players may want to check the Townie Vigilante role as I've given that a bit of a twist from past games. Otherwise, take some time to read up on the Jamie role when you can as that endeavor is what will give this game a boost of Harvest Moon energy. On that note, here is today's Harvest Moon Musical Selection: Breeze - Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.

With that, I hope you all are able to have some fun while playing this game and good luck!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 10:45:33 PM »
Goods For Your Farm

I'm afraid this old forum software doesn't allow for tables anymore so I'm just going to have to keep posting images of an Excel Spreadsheet for this which isn't too exciting I'm afraid. Hard to make that sexy. But it's the most functional way to do this I suppose.

I'll just have to take new snapshots from time to time and edit the image here. As well, I have given a neutral third party a list of the 5 items that appeal to Jamie and 4 items that can bribe Khushrenada to verify that these have been pre-selected and not just chosen on a whim to make things more exciting for this game. In case anyone were to have doubts about trusting me. But what has that ever happened in a Mafia game ;D ?  ......... oh.  :'(
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 12:06:37 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 10:46:21 PM »
With that, this day is open and all players can now take control of it.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 10:52:14 PM »
Lets go with bananas for my first choice today.  Such a bountiful resource and so tasty too.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 11:29:05 PM »
Look at how Gold my name is on the front page of the forums under upcoming birthdays (and not on the actual page because I guess insanolord doesn't know how to write forum software ;)).

That is because we here at Joja Mart want to get off on the right foot with all of our new friends in [insert new town name here] and set a gold standard for you all to show how excited we are to serve our new community of [insert new town name here]. It certainly has nothing to do with all the gold we plan on making exploiting this town dry with the power of capitalism. Nope. Not at all!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 12:00:29 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 12:15:35 AM »
As a show of good faith I have acquired this lovely white cat from the local Khushrenada pet adoption agency. I think I'll name her Snowball. This shows that I'm a kind soul who has the best interests of this town in mind and in absolutely no way implies that I have some kind of nefarious purposes in mind. Isn't that right Snowball?

*meow*

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 06:11:00 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 12:28:45 AM »
I will claim sunflowers as those are my faves.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2021, 12:49:36 AM »
I could sell you sunflowers for half of the price that loser Khushrenada is offering them for. I bet he works for Pierre's or something. This is why you should all shop at Joja Mart instead. Let this be a lesson for all of you!

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2021, 05:09:14 AM »
How could I not grow racoons? Such an exotic animal!
Made you look ****.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 09:33:05 AM »
Howdy, folks.  My name is farmer John (first name Farmer, last name John), and I moved to a 300 acre farm about 10 miles out from Hidden Valley.  Out here we rotate crop between corn & soybean, and have a small assortment of cows & hogs.

This year despite the early cold snap, we got a pretty bountiful corn harvest.  Lots of it will go toward ethanol production, which lucky for us remains lucrative with the corn subsidies Hidden Valley offers. 

When's the county fair here?  My wife's makes a mean apple pie, and we'd love to find the local orchard to start pickin.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 10:11:37 AM »
I'll take a Panda.  Everyone loves Panda's and after I've breed a few, will pay me big bucks to see them.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2021, 10:21:17 AM »
 ;D Chef's birthday is three days ago on Fall 14. ;) Our first gift is apples so all sprites like apples. :rolleyes: Yippee!  ;D

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »
For my second choice I will go with monkeys.

What goes well with bananas? Monkeys of course.  Going to be a nice tropical harvest.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2021, 11:04:16 AM »
BeautifulShy is on the ball. We have now entered our second 12 hour period. If you made a choice in the previous period then you can now make a second selection. If you haven't made a choice yet then you are allowed to select two items now.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2021, 11:51:52 AM »
I see a wonderful business opportunity in that orange cat there. I'll have one of my interns write a comic about him and make millions of G in licensing and merchandise. Speaking of G, I think I'll name him Garfield.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 12:14:31 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 12:17:53 PM »
Gimme that wheat & sugarcane.  Have no idea what they do, but those are the crop most familiar to me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2021, 01:02:51 PM »
un-Vote Stratos

I don't remember this village being this large, who are all you people?!

Outta my way all yous, I just want some pink dahlia and purple pansy seeds for my garden!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:55:50 PM by Mop it up »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2021, 01:37:20 PM »
Vote Mop it up

You know what you did!!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2021, 01:48:30 PM »
I hope Jamie-sama notices me <3

(...)

What would they like?
Ummmmmmmm...
Hummmm... huh?!
I-i-is that a-a-a watermelon?
Oh no I couldn't...
Oh but I should...
Oh I don't know.

I need to get Jamie something for the harvest festival, it's in just two days for cryin' out loud.
Come on, pluck up the courage and pick something.

(...)

E-e-excuse me?
Could I get those watermelon seeds?
They're for a friend of mine, they like farming and all and we'll the harvest festival is coming up so~
Oh no... I'm rambling again, sorry!
Are there any watermelon seeds still available?
There are? Thank goodness!
Oh and it's a 2-4-1 sale?
In that case I need to pick something else huh?
Let me think about that...

I've made up my mind.
I would also like some yam seeds pleaseeee~

So yes, I'll take some watermelon and yam seeds.

While I'm here, did you hear about poor Stratos?
I know, the very first vote!
I have half a mind to vote for someone myself to even the playing field.
Ummmmmm un-Vote ThePerm
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 05:05:00 AM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2021, 01:56:43 PM »
un-Vote TOPHATANT123

Get off my lawn, find your own gosh darn watermelons!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 03:17:37 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2021, 02:15:25 PM »
Vote Mop it up as is tradition.

I hear she uses toxic pesticides that they then dump off into the water supply and taint my Certified NWR Organic crops!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2021, 02:56:47 PM »
I hope Jamie-sama notices me <3

(...)

What would they like?
Ummmmmmmm...
Hummmm... huh?!
I-i-is that a-a-a watermelon?
Oh no I couldn't...
Oh but I should...
Oh I don't know.

I need to get Jamie something for the harvest festival, it's in just two days for cryin' out loud.
Come on, pluck up the courage and pick something.

(...)

E-e-excuse me?
Could I get those watermelon seeds?
They're for a friend of mine, they like farming and all and we'll the harvest festival is coming up so~
Oh no... I'm rambling again, sorry!
Are there any watermelon seeds still available?
There are? Thank goodness!
Oh and it's a 2-4-1 sale?
In that case I need to pick something else huh?
Let me think about that...

I've made up my mind.
I would also like some yam seeds pleaseeee~

So yes, I'll take some watermelon and yam seeds.

While I'm here, did you hear about poor Stratos?
I know, the very first vote!
I have half a mind to vote for someone myself to even the playing field.
Ummmmmm Vote ThePerm
They say the best gift is a Joja Credit Card.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2021, 03:17:21 PM »
un-Vote Pokepal148

My sister was married to one of you corporate slimeballs, rudest fella I ever did meet!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 05:34:22 PM by Mop it up »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2021, 03:30:30 PM »
I heard that Stevey has been going all the way down to Stardew Valley to shop at Pierre's. That's no good. We should all vote Stevey for not supporting Mafia Town's local small megacorporations.