Author Topic: Episode 115: Nintendoweissbier  (Read 3715 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Episode 115: Nintendoweissbier
« on: February 28, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »

Radio Trivia returns from hiatus with superstar podcast co-host Jonny Metts and  an equally supercharged song set.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/radiotrivia/33471

Did you like this episode's game selections? Let your fellow listeners know in TalkBack! Think you've got a better choice? Then send it my way and your request might be on the next episode of Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition!  Heck, throw in a question and specific songs if you want.  Just remember, it has to be a game found on a Nintendo system in North America (unless we say otherwise)!

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Episode 115: Nintendoweissbier
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 11:53:26 PM »
Games featured in this episode:

Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
Sesame Street ABC (NES)
Mutant Mudds (3DS)
The Last Story (Wii)

(Highlight the text above with your cursor to view it.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:58:25 PM by TheYoungerPlumber »
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 07:34:19 AM »
Loved the episode guys. Great stuff.

I was only able to identify the easy ones this episode (games 2, 4 and 5). The last song of game 3 made me laugh pretty hard though.

Gouge away.

Offline geo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »
Oh god, the nostalgia trip!  Never got far in the first game, but thanks to soundtracks and the theme being used in other games, I was able to figure it out.  I recognized a few of the songs in the 2nd one, which helped me figure it out, based on what jonny said after the first song.   Thanks for reminding me that the Third game exists.  Got it really quick after a mental flashback!    Also, I got the 4th game by only playing the demo on the eshop.  Thanks for putting level 1 as song 3. I still haven't opened my limited edition copy of the 5th game but I was able to figure out because I have played its operation rainfall counterpart, xenoblade, and knew it wasn't that.

5 out of 5! Yeah!

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
3. My sister got this game for her third birthday in 1990-I was on the high end of the 2-6 recommended age bracket. The music (what little there is) is pretty much the best thing there is about it. Too bad they never made a Mathnet point-and-click adventure game.
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »
Awww, yeah. 4 for 5!

Offline PogueSquadron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 11:53:55 AM »
Wow...I knew that third game IMMEDIATELY. I coincidentally just played it a couple months ago when testing out my NES and old games. I don't know how I spent that much time with this game as a kid....there's not much to it, haha.

Offline roykoopa64

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »
I didn't quite guess Game 1. I had a feeling it was a GBA game, and I knew there were FF IV and VI versions, but I forgot there was also a V. Music sounds great!

I didn't guess Game 2. My wife did figure it was probably a Sonic game of some sort. I wasn't particularly impressed with the demo, but everyone keeps saying how much better it is than Mario Kart.

Game 3 I never played, but who wouldn't recognize that music!

Games 4 and 5 were easy to identify. I bought the full soundtrack for Mutant Mudds (just like I did for VVVVVV) and it really is something awesome. The Last Story has a fantastic soundtrack, and I wish I owned the full soundtrack for it (like I do with Xenoblade) rather than the limited selection of songs that are included on the bonus CD.

Overall, I appreciated the music 'dissection' between TYP and Jonny over much of the music, it really makes me notice instruments that I couldn't quite pick out on my own. Great episode!
Fanático de Nintendo desde 1985

My Miiverse profile

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 09:54:07 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone. This one took a while to get done, so I'm glad it turned out well! Perhaps not the *hardest* episode, but then again I wasn't really going for difficulty on this one.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline geo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 04:45:35 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone. This one took a while to get done, so I'm glad it turned out well! Perhaps not the *hardest* episode, but then again I wasn't really going for difficulty on this one.

Your work is very much appreciated every time! 

Offline Lyndis

• View Profile
    • My Backloggery
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
I was amazed and delighted at the person who picked game #3. I thought I was the only one who ever played it back in the day!