Author Topic: Switch port begging thread  (Read 20148 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Switch port begging thread
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »
Rumors piling up before E3.

-Paladins data-mined: includes images of Joy-Cons.
-Iron Galaxy supposedly working Fornite Switch port.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »
Gotta capitalize on those piping hot video game trends while you can, yo.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2018, 07:56:37 PM »
The hottest rumor on reddit seems to be the Star Fox Grand Prix, a spiritual successor to Diddy Kong Racing being made by Retro Studios.

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/rumour-retro-studios-working-on-star-fox-grand-prix-for-nintendo-switch/
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2018, 11:01:29 PM »
I am not in the position to disclose how I know this or who my source is but I have it on good authority my family member in the business whose studio I mentioned before was making games for Switch, who never made games for Nintendo consoles before, they are planning something special for E3. No, I don't know what it is he just told me it's going to shock people more than their previous announcements. He also said, his friends in the industry told him there is another big AAA surprise nobody is expecting coming.

He's not, that connected he's a mid level employee but he does know which projects they are working on. All he has ever told me is which systems they are working on I never learn which games he worked on until after they come out. But the one they did on Switch so far was an out of left field surprise many have cited as part of the proof 3rd party support is improving.

That being said, I trust him. I don't have any real insight but based on his past excitement for working on Switch knowing his studio was anti Nintendo because of the Wii/Wii U and previous policies from the past, if he says something truly big and surprising is coming I have reason to believe it.

He also says expect a bombshell from Sony, a real bombshell. I don't know what to expect I asked is it PS5 he didn't give me an answer just it will be big. He told me when PS4 would be announced because they did a close to launch game for it.

Inside rumblings all he said is there are people in the industry that are expecting the Switch changed the industry and there is no going back.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2018, 09:41:17 PM »
I think a bombshell for Sony might be consoles as we know it might be done. It might be confusing and shocking to gamers, but it makes total business sense.

AMD will be in Charge of consoles and Xbox and Playstation will be Stores inside of a console/PCs. Nintendo will of course do their own thing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:14:44 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2018, 10:36:22 PM »
They've been saying that for like 15 years now.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2018, 12:29:15 AM »
I see us going all-digital before we go exclusivity cloud-based.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2018, 01:12:12 AM »
I think a bombshell for Sony might be consoles as we know it might be done. It might be confusing and shocking to gamer's, but it makes total business sense.

You mean going hybrid like the Switch?

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2018, 08:56:48 AM »
I think a bombshell for Sony might be consoles as we know it might be done. It might be confusing and shocking to gamer's, but it makes total business sense.

AMD will be in Charge of consoles and Xbox and Playstation will be Stores inside of a console/PCs. Nintendo will of course do their own thing.

Ubisoft apparently thinks the next console generation will be the last before something akin to what you're suggesting happens. 

Color me skeptical.  As long as one of the biggest markets (U.S.) has ISPs forcing data caps and slow-walking internet speed improvements, I don't see a switch to all-digital OR a streaming service being feasible.

Additionally, Sony sells consoles all over the world including many places that don't have much internet infrastructure at all. I think Sony is the least of all the platform holders to essentially cut-off a limb for the sake of modernity.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2018, 07:19:00 PM »

Ubisoft apparently thinks the next console generation will be the last before something akin to what you're suggesting happens. 

Color me skeptical.  As long as one of the biggest markets (U.S.) has ISPs forcing data caps and slow-walking internet speed improvements, I don't see a switch to all-digital OR a streaming service being feasible.

Additionally, Sony sells consoles all over the world including many places that don't have much internet infrastructure at all. I think Sony is the least of all the platform holders to essentially cut-off a limb for the sake of modernity.

I don't mean streaming services. I mean stores where you download local content. Sony and Microsoft could still release discs to be played on some generic console. Where console platforms become like Steam stores.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2018, 08:08:54 PM »
Nintendo tried that with several previous consoles including the 64DD. That was ahead of it's time, but I think now it is beyond its time. Why limit it to being in a store when you can download it at home. That wouldn't be able to replace physical sales.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2018, 11:31:47 PM »
I didn't mean physical stores. I meant online stores like what we have now, but your Playstation store and your xbox store would be on a generic console.

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2018, 12:20:36 PM »
I don't know if Perm is on the right track or not. My source, a brother to my brother in law, only says Switch changed the industry forever and the other two are scrambling to figure out how to respond. I think they are moving to a cloud service in the near future.
I think it's more like a Roku for Playstation games. Sony boss said no hardware will be shown at E3. That doesn't mean ****. I don't think they will reveal PS5 they have to save that for it's own event where the focus is entirely on them.
Sony is making money on hardware now, but they've been saying consoles, traditional home consoles playing physical discs, are eventually fading out. I think there is a good chance that's the direction they will go. The PS6 will just e a roku typve device, by then the internet infrastructure will be there such they can make that the future and keep selling PS3/PS4 in third world countries that don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things. They won't base their business decisions on a small part of the market. That's not like them at all. They made the original PS1 compatible with Video CD's despite the format being completely dead in all but a tiny portion of the world.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2018, 01:28:11 AM »
I don't think the console manufactures want to start a new generation until 2020. It's just too even of a number for the OCD.

Which is part of the reason they did a mid-generation upgrade.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2018, 01:55:54 AM »
I wouldn't mind Sea of Solitude coming to the Switch.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2018, 07:23:56 PM »
I'll start by throwing out NieR: Automata which I don't think is entirely out of the realm of speculation? Nintendo has a good-to-decent working relationship with PlatinumGames, and Square Enix is releasing other ports to Switch already (The World Ends With You, I Am Setsuna).
Seen a lot of hype for this online, it ranked highly with 2017 GOTYs; and although I don't really know much about it, if it came to Switch I would definitely play this.

This was announced for Xbox at their conference apparantly, crossing my fingers for a Switch port too!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2019, 09:42:05 AM »
https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/4/18210199/microsoft-xbox-live-ios-android-switch-cross-platform

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/04/what-does-xbox-live-on-switch-mobile-actually-mean

Apparently we needed this explainer, because the first reactions I saw to the news was "OMG now we'll have good online because Xbox live is taking over Nintendo's online service".  lol.

It WOULD be fascinating if say, once Xbox announces their next console, they announce a streaming app that is downloadable on mobile devices (including Switch) and preloaded on new tvs.  The interviews on giant bomb with the head of xbox said as much that it's part of their strategy to make the xbox library available in as many places as possible. 

Props to whomever it was a few months back that was adamant that the streaming future was closer than we thought.  I argued the opposite, but it's clear they were on the money. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 09:45:51 AM by lolmonade »

Offline kaijugamer

• Spambot
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2019, 09:57:58 PM »
I just want to play Cuphead on Switch.  :-[