Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

I think Nintendo may have brick'd my 3DS.

(1/2) > >>

ClexYoshi:
Today, I was playing some Donkey Kong 94 and went to go back to playing pokemon X version, where they asked me to download the version 1.2 patch. I went to the eShop and they were explaining the linked ID system because I haven't been to the eShop since linking my Nintendo Network accounts.

It said something about there being another system update before it'd let me connect to the eShop and without looking, I accepted it, and it went to go from the eShop to the System Settings app, but the system hung on a black screen. I let it sit like that for a while, and... nothing. so finally I turned the system off and on, and now... it just doesn't boot to the 3DS menu. black screens, no sound, but the power indicator is on. tried taking my SD and game cards out. Still no dice.

I wasn't paying that close of attention, but really, it seems like the system update might have bricked my system! At no point has an R4 or anything NEAR unofficial software came close to my 3DS if that rumor is true. Should I complain to nintendo? Should I get them to fix this without charge, or is this something that's going to have to come out of my pocket?

UncleBob:
Have you... tried calling Nintendo's Customer Service?

ClexYoshi:
They were closed for today, Uncle Bob. I'm going to try tomorrow and see if I have to send it in, but I was just seeing if anybody else 'round here has been in a similar situation.

BranDonk Kong:
1-800-255-3700 been calling that number since I was like 10 years old!

SaeChanOshi33:
Were they able to help with your 3DS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version