NWR Interactive > NWR Feedback

No Posting Contests = Better Posts

(1/2) > >>

Sean:
One of the best things, I can already tell, about PGC Forums is that there doesn't seem to be this race to post the most, as there is at so many other forums.  I may have turned it off accidientally or something, but I don't see a post counter or a stat-ranking or anything.  The nice thing about this is that the posts tend to be longer and better thought out, and if you have two or three thoughts, you don't post them all separately, but together.  It's nice.  I'm not brown-nosing, by the way, it's just something I've noticed.  Can't someone say something nice?  Get off my back!!!  ;-)

RickPowers:
Thanks, Sean.  That was exactly the intent behind turning off not only the post counter, but the date people registered as well.

By the way, Moderators and Admins can still see both.  

baberg:
postCount++;

Bloodworth:

Originally posted by: RickPowers
By the way, Moderators and Admins can still see both.  
--- End quote ---

Yeah, Rick has 189 posts and has been here since July 2002. None of you will ever come close to that kind of l33tness!  

rodtod:
hmm, who's the more brilliant? the forum admins for disabling the post counter, or FuseTalk for including such a feature?

both. I don't quite understand it, but post counts really boosted some people's ego. I wonder if they ever realized that the higher post count they have, the more time they've spent on the boards. more time spent on boards means less time playing videogames.

now, if you ask me, that is not something to be proud of

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version