Author Topic: LOZ: 2005  (Read 563671 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #2750 on: August 05, 2007, 04:05:52 AM »
*shrug* I can't say much.  It took me about that long, had to redo the first 20 hours.  I didn't even find the fishing hole until I was at the end of the game...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
RE:The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #2751 on: August 05, 2007, 05:54:15 AM »
my game has me clocked in at around 75hours cuz i was in the cave of ordeals (...just in case) and had to go out leave. i was pretty far and didnt want to quit so i left it on while i went out, came home and fell asleep.  
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2752 on: August 05, 2007, 12:03:10 PM »
The final battle was a entertaining idea but had the worst programming in the entire game.

Despite the 1on1 "combat" setting, your strikes were only allowed to connect during certain actions/animations.  You could try to be crafty and bring out the best swordplay Link would get to perform in the entire series, deftly sneaking and weaving around every attack (with good 1-sec openings while the Big Man's back is turned due to a missed strike), only to discover your Master Sword swishes right thru the Big Man's 3D model with zero effect -- complete bullshite.

When you do play the way the game wants you to, you're just using the rolling attack all the time, which seems to connect all the time, making the whole thing a joke.  So the disarmored Knights can defend against the roll yet the Big Man can't?

Wind Waker's Danongorf had more attacks, actual counters, more ways to block, and when your strikes missed, he surely blocked.  The TP fight was several steps back. ideal for nongamers, shazaam
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: August 05, 2007, 12:12:20 PM »
My one complaint about the final encounter? The really weird music that went along with Ganondorfs beast form.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: August 05, 2007, 12:45:18 PM »
If the entire final encounter had been as "new," as integrated, and as unique as Link wrestling down beast Ganon, then I'd be happy. I didn't like the rest of it that much.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: August 05, 2007, 01:16:13 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
If the entire final encounter had been as "new," as integrated, and as unique as Link wrestling down beast Ganon, then I'd be happy. I didn't like the rest of it that much.

That part took me a good half hour to an hour to figure out... no joke.  I think it had to do with z-targeting... which made it slightly different than the other points in the game that worked in a similar fashion.  The other part that got me confused was the first stage of Mr Crazy (zan was it?).  Midna's advice is actually misleading and blinded me to my actual locale...

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: August 05, 2007, 01:23:28 PM »
Bah. Midna gave HORRIBLE advice. At least Navi was topical but Midna was... yeearch
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline WalkingTheCow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: August 05, 2007, 01:42:21 PM »
Nooooo!!!1! I thouht Zant was gunna be the end BOss!!!

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: August 05, 2007, 01:47:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Shecky
The other part that got me confused was the first stage of Mr Crazy (zan was it?).  Midna's advice is actually misleading and blinded me to my actual locale...

That screwed me up, too.  Why the hell was Midna blathering about your sword? XP
GOREGASM!

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: August 05, 2007, 02:26:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
The final battle was a entertaining idea but had the worst programming in the entire game.

Despite the 1on1 "combat" setting, your strikes were only allowed to connect during certain actions/animations.  You could try to be crafty and bring out the best swordplay Link would get to perform in the entire series, deftly sneaking and weaving around every attack (with good 1-sec openings while the Big Man's back is turned due to a missed strike), only to discover your Master Sword swishes right thru the Big Man's 3D model with zero effect -- complete bullshite.

When you do play the way the game wants you to, you're just using the rolling attack all the time, which seems to connect all the time, making the whole thing a joke.  So the disarmored Knights can defend against the roll yet the Big Man can't?

Wind Waker's Danongorf had more attacks, actual counters, more ways to block, and when your strikes missed, he surely blocked.  The TP fight was several steps back. ideal for nongamers, shazaam

Actually that seems a popular choice by developers to make a battle seem more "epic." (rather than just rely on the mechanics in place)

However, they did put in the cave of ordeals and it's multi ironknuckle/darknut battle

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: August 05, 2007, 02:36:59 PM »

Bah. Midna gave HORRIBLE advice. At least Navi was topical but Midna was... yeearch

Yeah, and for some reason I can't even remember what it was like in Wind Waker...

Originally posted by: Shecky
The other part that got me confused was the first stage of Mr Crazy (zan was it?).  Midna's advice is actually misleading and blinded me to my actual locale...

That screwed me up, too.  Why the hell was Midna blathering about your sword? XP

Yeah that and reflecting attacks... thanks a lot you little imp.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: August 06, 2007, 05:04:55 AM »
Midna's advice during the beast Ganon fight was so misleading that I actually had to break some vases for hearts during that battle.  I'll never forgive her for that.