Author Topic: Metroid Prime 2  (Read 24423 times)

Offline Matias

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« on: February 01, 2003, 10:52:19 PM »
Well, its official...

Nintendo of Australia has put up Metroid Prime 2 on their release schedule, with a TBA next to it.

Yes i know IGN said it was being made, but that was through leaked info... this is actually being announced by Nintendo themselves!

Click Here
---The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker--- May 3rd 2003 in Australia!

---Metroid Prime--- April 7th 2003!! Can't wait!

Offline RenegadeX28

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 06:03:50 AM »
Sweet. After playing MP 1, I am already looking forward to how MP2 will be like. Man, how much better can the game get?
Feel the wrath of RENEGADES

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 07:17:41 AM »

Originally posted by: RenegadeX28
Sweet. After playing MP 1, I am already looking forward to how MP2 will be like. Man, how much better can the game get?

Hopefully, much better.

It'll be hard to improve on the first game though, but I have faith in them.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 08:31:18 AM »
Hopefully more attire, gadgets, and beams, though I can't imagine what other upgrades to have. What would sweet if there was a sniper beam that could zoom in and out I would love that
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline epicac

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 10:07:46 AM »

Originally posted by: RenegadeX28
It'll be hard to improve on the first game though, but I have faith in them.

Hell, to make me happy they wouldn't even have to improve it. If they just threw in some new levels and weapons a la Vice City, I'd be in gaming heaven once again.  

Offline Sith

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 10:11:14 AM »
Well, the only thing I'd look more forward to in MP 2 is more strategic puzzles, specially with the morph ball. I absolutely loves those puzzles, and adding tons of them will make the game longer lasting and harder.

Plus, a harder difficulty. MP 1 was just oo damn easy.

(P.S. I don't see why Meta-Ridey is considered the hardest boss. I actually killed him easily, he'd go under one of my easier bosses list. The last boss seemed hardest to me, heh.)

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 10:13:28 AM »

Plus, a harder difficulty. MP 1 was just oo damn easy.

There is a hard mode in Metroid Prime.

Offline Sith

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2003, 10:16:58 AM »
Naw, they should make the hard difficulty in MP 1, and use that as an easy difficulty in MP 2.

Offline telaris

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2003, 10:48:26 AM »
People who’re interested in importing a Game Boy Advance SP later this week may have a hard time getting a hold of one.  We’ve got a few tips on where you’ll be able to pick one up.

I contacted our good friends over at Video Game Depot today and they informed me that they will be getting their full shipment this Friday.  This is the current info they have on their website…

This morning we received final word on our shipment of GBA SP systems. And in general our news is very good. We will receive our full shipment this Friday. All pre-orders will be able to be filled and we will actually have some extra Indigo left over for anyone looking to get them. Pre-orders are back up on the page for the Indigo GBA SP if anyone would like to secure one. The only bad news is that prices are slightly higher then expected, we are able to offer the SP system to all of our original pre-orders at a price of $150. We will be sending e-mails out to all pre-orders today and we ask that you please confirm that the new price is ok, we will not ship any orders that we do not receive confirmation for. The left over Indigo stock is going to be available for $155 for anyone interested. We may receive a few extra of the Black and Platinum but that is not confirmed yet, we expect to know on Friday.

National Console Support reported this morning that they’re getting an extremely small initial shipment of their Game Boy Advance SPs on Monday.  

Last week, we reported severe shortages of the GBA SP when it launches in Japan. About an hour ago, only one of our suppliers confirmed some stock availability this week at the price of Y19450 (US$160.52) per unit. According to their allocations, we'll be considered lucky if we receive 50 units from them this Friday. Adding to the malaise, suppliers in Hong Kong who are generally a good backup source of product will not receive any Asian distribution of the GBA SP.

This presents a dilemma when our retail preorders went out at US$130. Due to the shortage, NCS will be unable to supply the GBA SP this week and possibly even next week due to the shortage and price revision. As the weeks go by with little or no supply, the impetus for importing a GBA SP will weaken among our customer base since the USA version of the GBA SP ships on March 22. Apologies for this situation but we would advise our customers to wait a week or so to see how the supply of the GBA SP settles. Nintendo may flood the market next week and prices will plummet. This type of "dumping" has happened before and patience may be rewarded.

In any case, if you do not want to wait and must have the GBA SP, the earliest that we will receive any supply will be on Monday of next week. Pricing will be US$175 but even then, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to fill your order due to the limited supplies in the distribution channel at this time. We will contact all our customers on Monday with more information - we may receive 10 units or 50 and we won't know until we see the airway bill from our shipper. By that time, we may have information on new, lower priced supplies as well. All the time, preparation and effort that we've put into the Japanese GBA SP launch was for naught.  

Note: 01:36PM EST. We don't expect any of our customers to keep their preorders due to the price increase and shortage. We will however keep everyone updated if prices should drop back to US$130 within the next week or two. Today's news is just our way of keeping our customers informed and aware.

Video Game Advantage just let me know that they are expecting their shipment on Monday as well.  They're not taking any more orders until after they get their initial shipment.  Pricing on the next shipment TBA.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2003, 11:12:46 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I want my Metroid 5.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Razex

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2003, 11:18:19 AM »
I'm going to have to say the same thing...Metroid Prime was a bit too easy. And I know there is a hard difficulty mode once you beat the game, but you can only play a game the first time once, and it was just too easy the first time around. After playing and beating Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime was almost a joke difficulty-wise. It was still unbelievably fun though.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2003, 11:20:10 AM »
I'm wondering how many of you complaining about difficulty left the hint system on.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2003, 11:39:09 AM »
I agree completely, Daniel.  When I first heard that there was a hint system in the game, I told myself immediately that I'm turning it off.  First thing I made sure of when I started the game, was that the hint system was off.  Not only did it make the game LONGER, but it did raise the bar of difficulty quite a bit.  Not knowing where you're supposed to go, and being in a rut because of low health, surrounded by hoards of Space Pirates really raises the intensity factor.  Kudos to Retro for making an incredible game.  Now make a Metroid that's a sidescroller (and NOT on the GBA), and I'll be happy for the rest of my life...
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Smadte

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2003, 11:39:44 AM »
HA! Prime easy?! That's a funny one! I left the hint system off most of the time, though.  

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2003, 11:48:50 AM »

(P.S. I don't see why Meta-Ridey is considered the hardest boss. I actually killed him easily, he'd go under one of my easier bosses list. The last boss seemed hardest to me, heh.)

i agree, although it still took me 2 tries to beat ridley, it took me about 3 or 4 tries to kill the last boss. both were awesome boss battles.

i don't know how it would work but some sort of multiplayer mode in metroid prime 2 would be sweet. i've heard things about a co-op mode but dont know if that's true or not. either way i'll be looking forward to this game

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2003, 11:55:48 AM »
Heh, we now get Metroid 2.75 ... just think about the timeline. Metroid Prime 2 would come in between Metroid Prime, which is Metroid "2.5" and Super Metroid, Metroid 3. I really hope its not REALLY Metroid Prime 2, but is really Metroid 5. Wow, I just confused myself.

Oh yeah, and I didnt see anything hard about Primes second form, beat it first time I got there. But Primes 1st form gave me hell.
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2003, 11:59:41 AM »
I dunno, I thought Prime was a lot easier than Ridley.  I guess it just has something to do with your style.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2003, 12:02:34 PM »
Actually, no.  Metroid Prime comes in between Metroid and Metroid II: Return of Samus.  So by your assumption, this would the next Metroid game "Metroid 1.75".  Heh, actually has a nice ring to it.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2003, 12:26:30 PM »
I'd swear I heard that Prime came between two and three. Oh well, my mistake.
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2003, 02:04:46 PM »
Some of you guys must be pros or something. I finally got to Metroid Prime and it took me 5 or 6 tries to beat the first form, each battle seemingly lasting atleast 10 minutes. When I finally beat it and saw I had to do it all over again with a second form and with hardly any energy because the first form crushed me, I said forget it.  And that was with having over 90% of the items. That was about 2 weeks ago and I haven't played since. Any tips? The ice attacks from the first form just drained me.

Offline YoungLink

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2003, 02:14:12 PM »
"I want my Metroid 5"

are you sure

i thought the order went like this

Metroid(NES)
Metroid 2(NES)
Super Metroid(SNES)
Metroid Fusion(GBA)
Metroid Prime(GC)
Next Metroid also known as 6

or does it go like this

Metroid(NES)
Super Metriod(SNES)
Metroid Prime(GC)
Metroid Fusion(GBA)
Next metroid also known as 5

The reason i think its 6 is because on the begining of Metroid Fusion it says Metroid 4

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2003, 03:08:28 PM »
The chronological order of the games is as follows:

Metroid
Metroid Prime
Metroid II: The Return of Samus
Super Metroid (in the intro screen for the game it is called Metroid 3)
Metroid Fusion (in the intro screen for the game it is called Metroid 4)

The actual release order of the games is as follows:

Metroid
Metroid II: The Return of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion (both were released at the same time)

Metroid Prime 2 could take place between Metroid Prime and Metroid II or possibly after Metroid Fusion. As long as the story for Prime 2 builds on the ending of Prime it could be considered a sequel no matter where it gets placed in the time line.

Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2003, 03:58:40 PM »

Originally posted by: WhoDey
Some of you guys must be pros or something. I finally got to Metroid Prime and it took me 5 or 6 tries to beat the first form, each battle seemingly lasting atleast 10 minutes. When I finally beat it and saw I had to do it all over again with a second form and with hardly any energy because the first form crushed me, I said forget it.  And that was with having over 90% of the items. That was about 2 weeks ago and I haven't played since. Any tips? The ice attacks from the first form just drained me.

yeah it took me a few times too.. just jump side to side a lot when u see attacks coming and dont forget to shoot those two slow projectiles he sometimes shoots at you. if they hit you they do a lot of damage, plus if you destroy them they give powerups. the main thing to do is dodge. that's how i beat him.  oh and when he is in power beam form use the 5-missile attack to do more damage.
good luck

Offline Modulus-X

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2003, 05:06:47 AM »
Hopefully it won't be called Metroid Prime 2 :-/
-=[Modulus-X]=-

Currently Playing: Zelda: The Wind Waker, WarCraft 3 Expansion Beta, Star Wars Galaxies Beta

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2003, 10:19:12 AM »
I don't want it to be called Metroid Prime 2... definitely not...

Also, as others stated before... the order in the chronology of Metroid goes like this:
Metroid
Metroid Prime
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

Note how Metroid Fusion says "Metroid IV" in the beginning. I'm thinking that Metroid Prime is more like a side story thing (although a pretty damn amazing side story ). I'm kinda hoping for a continuation of the main storyline after Metroid Fusion. Mainly Metroid V. Although at the same time though, I don't want another Metroid game. I don't want this to turn into another franchise that'll be milked even if the sequel turns out to be a quality game. I'm kinda hoping for only one Metroid game per console from Nintendo, that's pretty much how it is traditionally going so far and how I would prefer it. There are some series/licenses/franchises that are more popular and mainstream, but then there are those that I believe should be left alone and released many years apart so that each entry is truly special.