Author Topic: New Kirby Game Inadvertently Revealed By Nintendo's Japanese Game List  (Read 869 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Uh, our apologies if you wanted to go into Festivus blind.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/58423/new-kirby-game-inadvertently-revealed-by-nintendos-japanese-game-list

The usually tight pre-Direct ship of Nintendo appears to have sprung a leak.

A new listing on Nintendo's Japanese language game schedule has revealed an unannounced Kirby game. Roughly translated to "Discovery of the Stars", the game is slated for a spring 2022 launch in Japan.

The link to the page itself goes to a "page not found" message, though there is a better than average chance that will change following the Direct. The same schedule page has also added Bayonetta 3 to the 2022 list with Splatoon 3 and the sequel to Breath of the Wild.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: New Kirby Game Inadvertently Revealed By Nintendo's Japanese Game List
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 01:47:45 PM »
Makes sense. Nintendo seems to like releasing Kirby games in the early months of a year. Star Allies was March, Rainbow Curse was February, and Triple Deluxe was May.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 03:41:37 PM »
Kirby: Automata

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 03:48:52 PM »
Makes sense. Kirby games are what Nintendo makes when they need to put out a game, but don't want to spend any money on level designers; modelers; or artists. Take the last game, rearrange a few assets, maybe slap on a visual filter or a new gimmick that's only used a few times, and you're good to go. Nintendo could probably create a new Kirby game completely by AI at this point, and you'd probably never notice a difference.

Edit: Well...this aged well. Guess Nintendo decided after 20+ years that they should finally do something new with Kirby.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 06:13:02 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.