Author Topic: Konami, come back with Snatcher!  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Sean

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Konami, come back with Snatcher!
« on: February 18, 2003, 06:01:54 PM »
I absolutely adore this game on Sega CD, and I've spent years wishing (and doing nothing else) I could play the sequel, Policenauts.  Where, O where is this freaking franchise??????  Hideo Kojima needs to drop Metal Gear (I realize it's a great series, but...) for a while and go back to the digi-comics (okay, maybe it shouldn't be a point-and-click).  It can be updated, "sequelized," redux'd, and/or ported for all I care.  But, dang it, that would rock to see a Snatcher revival.  Like living inside of Bladerunner.  Hmm...that doesn't sound too appealing, actually, but it was really cool if you didn't play it!  Oh, and Bladerunner is beautiful.  Yeah.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 06:30:08 PM »
Ahhh, Snatcher. One of the only good games made for the poor ol' Mega CD (Sega CD to you!)
Yes, I'd love to see a revival of this game. Then again, I'd also like to see a sequel to Road Avenger. Another Mega CD game that almost made the system seem worthwhile...

Offline Sean

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 06:40:17 PM »
If it weren't for games like Lunar 1 and 2, Snatcher, Thunderstrike, Silpheed, Sonic CD, Shining Force CD, and that Kris Kross video mix game, the Sega CD would've been pretty badly off.  ;-)  (Infernal Monkey, Road Avenger was one of the few I missed, sadly...darn it.)

No, really, I had a lot of fun with the system, but it was too expensive to ever make it until it was too late.

Still, imagine it: Lunar 3 exclusive to GameCube!  No, I won't be selfish...imagine it ported to all three systems.  Imagine it made at all...haha.

Did anyone every actually play Policenauts?

(urggh...I can feel this slipping out of the GCN Snatch context [thanks to me], so I'm trying to save it.)  
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV