Author Topic: Episode 436: Federation Farce, RFN Edition  (Read 11002 times)

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 436: Federation Farce, RFN Edition
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 10:59:58 PM »
Yeah, "stupid" and good/enjoyable are definitely not mutually exclusive when it comes to video games. I'm playing SMT Strange Journey right now and the game is not only stupid, but downright nonsensical and asinine in some parts. That hasn't stopped me from putting 40 hours into it over a week and enjoying it on the whole. If someone asked me about this game and I left out the fact that it was often insanely bizarre just because I enjoy it, that would be dishonest. It's not about being apologetic, it's about being honest. Besides, I don't think a guy who voluntarily discussed playing Conception II on a podcast not too long ago would feel the need to be apologetic about his gaming choices anyway.

Re: New 3DS exclusives, I upgraded having very little in the way of expectations for exclusives and Nintendo still managed to come in below them somehow. It's been out for 10 months and we haven't even gotten so much as an announcement for anything other than Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. Unless you count some vague comments from Reggie about digital games coming out that will be exclusive to the system, which is most likely a reference to indies like Binding of Isaac or Unity stuff and not anything developed by Nintendo (I don't). I'm still satisfied on the whole between the numerous smaller upgrades and the enhanced games (I'm sure I'll get a lot of run out of the NFC reader with AC Happy Home Designer too), but I feel bad for anyone who upgraded expecting decent support in the way of exclusives. They don't want to split the userbase; that's obvious and I get that. But I don't think it's asking too much for another couple of ports at least.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 436: Federation Farce, RFN Edition
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 11:38:54 PM »
I got my new 3ds because the old 'taco' 3ds was beginning to show it's age.