Author Topic: Virtual Console Mondays: June 4, 2007  (Read 14014 times)

Offline cartman414

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Virtual Console Mondays: June 4, 2007
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2007, 09:20:26 PM »
Failure or not, Zelda II had enough novel ideas in my book to warrant a spinoff series or something. And hey, if the first time was rushed and sent off to an alternate team, then why not try again proper?

Personally I think SMB: the Lost Levels could only be guilty of being too punishing at times. I liked a couple of things, such as warp pipes that sent you backwards. Clearly they were testing the mettle of the more experienced player. And this time, no levels were recycled.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2007, 04:02:06 AM »
Christ Almighty.  GP - When you respond to a post directly above yours, there's absolutely no reason to quote the whole thing.  If you want to quote a small portion of a larger message, that's fine (encouraged, even), but don't quote the whole Goddamn thing.  There seems to be an interesting conversation going on here, but I'll never know because I can't stand sorting through this crap.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Virtual Console Mondays: June 4, 2007
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2007, 09:47:06 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
Christ Almighty.  GP - When you respond to a post directly above yours, there's absolutely no reason to quote the whole thing.  If you want to quote a small portion of a larger message, that's fine (encouraged, even), but don't quote the whole Goddamn thing.  There seems to be an interesting conversation going on here, but I'll never know because I can't stand sorting through this crap.

That last time was a joke
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2007, 02:42:31 AM »
What about the five hundred times before that?  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline krillin1986

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Virtual Console Mondays: June 4, 2007
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2007, 03:24:45 AM »

Originally posted by: TheYoungerPlumber

Originally posted by: krillin1986
i too would like to know about the overworld bug... also about the grinding.. what is that?

"Grinding" is a term often used to describe killing lots of enemies to gain experience points in an RPG so that you're strong enough to progress through the game.  The overworld bug is fairly simple.  As you walk around random baddies appear and try to intercept you.  The map is divided into squares.  If you are between Square A and Square B when you intercept a baddie, you will always return on Square B after the generic battle area.  Now, Square B can be an "event" square--a square that actually triggers a side-scrolling sequence that is usually unavoidable due to map design.  These events are more difficult than the generic battle areas.  If you intercept a baddie when walking onto such an event square, you'll enter a generic baddie sequence instead of the more intricate and difficult event.  When the battle is over, you will be on Square B and can continue to Square C without entering Square B's event.

Gotcha, thanks a lot!

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Console Mondays: June 4, 2007
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2009, 10:39:46 AM »
Milon's Secret Castle as reviewed by The Angry Video Game Nerd

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44794.html

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Console Mondays: June 4, 2007
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2009, 01:37:29 PM »
WTF Frankenbump