Author Topic: Hunter Ceiling Fan  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Hunter12

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Hunter Ceiling Fan
« on: September 09, 2011, 04:50:19 AM »
Over the years, the use of a fireplace screen has changed very little.  Fireplaces are not used today as they once were.  Fireplaces are no longer the main source of heat and I do not know anyone who uses theirs for cooking.  However, the fireplace screen still plays a vital role in today's fireplace.

Fireplace screens are a must for all that use their fireplace.  Luckily, there are several added benefits to having this necessity. 

Safety
First and foremost the fireplace screen is needed for safety.  You must protect your family and home from flying sparks and embers.  An unprotected fireplace can be disastrous.  The damage can range from putting burns in the floor to burning the entire house.

The second part of safety is keeping children and pets out of the fire itself.  A fireplace screen will provide a barrier between your child's roaming hands and the fire.  It will also keep your pets out of the fire or ashes when the fireplace is not in use.
Ads by Google

Decor
Fireplace screens can be absolutely beautiful.  There is a huge selection of fireplace screens to choose from to go along with any style, color scheme, or theme you are trying to achieve. 

Whether you want a simple screen to just blend in, a decorative brass fireplace screen with fancy scroll work, or anything in between, you can turn your hearth into a thing of beauty.

The fireplace has long been the focal point or whichever room it was in.  You can easily turn an ordinary looking fireplace into a show piece with the addition of a fireplace screen, matching fireplace tools, and a matching log rack.  At this point, the fireplace will also be functional.

Disbursing Heat
This is one of the benefits that is overlooked or unknown.  The entire fireplace screen will heat up.  This allows a uniform heat to be emitted from the front.  This actually makes the fireplace heat much more efficiently, disbursing heat evenly through out the room.

The benefits of a fireplace screen are great.  Safety is the number benefit.  Decor and disbursing heat are just an added bonus.

It can be a difficult decision, one many people take for granted. The safety that comes with having a proper fireplace screen installed is comforting as well as aesthetically pleasing. Fireplace screen doors are a real necessity if you have a fireplace and they don't have to be ordinary and mundane looking screen. There is a large variety of different styles and types of screens available, and they come in a wide range of different colors and patterns as well. The options are massive, and they often can make great personalized gifts as well.

Single panel fireplace screen doors need to cover the opening in the mantle and give at least an inch on either side for protection from possible sparks and loose flames. Choosing the single panel design does make it easier to move around when there is a fire to be wary of, and of course when tending a fire. Today many of them sit slightly elevated on small platforms to make them easier to move as well. There are many single panel screens that come with arched tops or bends and waves along the sides to make them more decorative. The standard fireplace screen design can be tweaked to make it more visually exuberant.

Many of the commonplace fireplace screen doors of today are the multiple panel folding screens. With these styles of fireplace screen, each individual panel is able to adjust, making it more difficult to move and often a bit heavier, but it looks nicer, and can fold at the corners as well, making it more adjustable. Each panel must be at least ten inches, and can be larger, and while there are different styles and materials they come in, the most common is iron. Usually the center panel will be quite larger than the other two panels.

The trick to deciding what fireplace screen is right for you is to simply look around your room, and see what kind of look the rest of your decor has, then pick the screen to match. Whether you have a more modern, contemporary looking home, or a classic or brick face look to your home, whatever your home looks like, there is a fireplace screen door to perfectly accent those designs and accentuate what makes your home unique. Fireplace spark screens are now available as well, many adjust to fit above any fireplace screen door and they are simply a must have to prevent sparks and fire from spreading throughout your home.

Safety and visual charm come together when you select a fireplace screen that fits your home. Don't neglect the decision, and remember that it is for safety above all else.

Are you familiar with fireplace accessories? If not and you are planning to purchase then, it would be a wise plan to read the following mini-guide. A brief look at the main areas you need to consider before making a purchase can certainly help you acquire the right accessories for your needs.

Owning a fireplace comes with many rewards. In addition to the ability to heat a room inexpensively, a fireplace adds an amazing visual image to a room's interior that would be difficult to duplicate. Really, is there anything more special than the addition of a roaring fire to a room? Few could come up with anything else that could duplicate such amazing ambiance which is why the traditional fireplace is always perennially popular. But, a fireplace does need to be accompanied by a screen for safety reasons.

And for various reasons, fireplace screen accessories will be needed as well.

First and foremost, you will need to look towards fireplace accessories designed to enhance safety. Among the most basic of these items would be screen barriers. As the name implies, a screen acts as a barrier that prevents debris from exiting the fireplace and entering into the interior of the room. In addition, fireplace screen accessories of this nature can also serve the purpose of regulating the amount of heat emanating from the fireplace itself. This can be quite helpful to those hoping to keep the temperature of the interior of a home to a manageable level.
Ads by Google

The improvements in how the fireplace emanates heat will become dramatic based on the inclusion of a barrier screen alone. Of course, you will also need to acquire the right screen size for your fireplace or else it will be of minimal value.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:13:30 AM by Crimm »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter Ceiling Fan
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:59:14 AM »
Agreed. Best post ever.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:14:24 AM »
Most random spambot ever.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 11:31:36 AM »
Fireplaces are no longer the main source of heat and I do not know anyone who uses theirs for cooking.

You inconsiderate bot! I still use my fireplace as a primary source of heat throughout the winter. Likewise, I use my wood stove for cooking (and an additional source of heat) throughout the colder seasons. It's cheap, uses renewable sources of energy, and helps to make me that much more efficient.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 11:54:17 AM »
In my family there as been a legend past down on how if you keep a Hunter Fan Oiled it will work perfectly forever.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 12:02:52 PM »
In my family there as been a legend past down on how if you keep a Hunter Fan Oiled it will work perfectly forever.

Urban Legend
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report