Author Topic: Goodbye Everyone or am I?  (Read 37731 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Goodbye Everyone or am I?
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »
It is with a sad heart that I have to say goodbye to NWR, at least for the most part. I've found over the last several months my interest in gaming has been getting less and less enthusiastic, yeah there is the odd Nintendo game that I still can love (Like NSMB) but beyond that I'm finding myself not interested in any other game. The industry has gotten stagnant for me with its wannabe live action movies, and generic visual presentation. Beyond that though, I have so much more going on my life, that gaming has taken a back seat, I have other interests that have been developing. These boards have been a great place for me for several years but it is hard to get involved in any topics anymore, some have to do with certain posters who bother me, but mostly game in general are not fun for me to talk about anymore.

Now I may still pop in every once in awhile but when it comes to being an active member, those days are most likely over. I'll still check my PMs, but beyond that I'm done. There are probably quite a few that don't care that I'm leaving or are glad, and that is OK, I've never tried to win a popularity contest here, I state my opinion and if you don't agree with it, that is fine.

Before I conclude this I want to give a few messages to a select few members here who I've considered friends.

Stratos- I know I tease you an awful lot but you are awesome. Don't give up trying to bring sanity in a sometimes insane forum. Thanks for being a friend to me.

Mop_it_up- Keep this place clean girl! You are a valuable member here, and it looks like girl power will be one short now. Maybe I'll see you in Animal Crossing.

Pale- I know you get a lot of crap, but keep up the good job moderating. You've always been patient with me even when you didn't have to. Thanks.

Lindy- You are doing good work here in regards to improving NWR. Windy made a great choice, even if you are a Sony lover  ;)

Podcast crew- You guys have been my favorite podcast for so long, just keep on doing what you do!

Decoyman- You are now free to have a new person to be a number one fan of.

Yoshidious (Greggers)- The best British podcaster ever and an amazingly insightful guy.

Maxi- Haven't seen you post as much, hopefully you can contribute more often. You are the news guy after all

To all my other friends, ShyGuy, Flames, Nick, Drew, and yes even Easycure. Hope you all continue to be around NWR for years to come.

Everyone else, it has been a lot of fun. If your name wasn't listed doesn't mean you are on my dislike list but could be because I am getting senile or have to end this post sometime.

-Goodbye and hugs to the NWR community

Sophia
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:51:07 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Goodbye Everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 01:08:05 PM »
Well it is going to be hard seeing less of you Golden. You are one of my favorite posters. You always bring good discussion to the forums.  I have lots of fun with you in Animal Crossing:City Folk.

You have my email so drop me a line if you like.
As for me and my posting I have in the past few months I have been trying to play through my backlog and I like to spend alot of time on them.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »
It's too bad to see you leave, but I can't blame you for losing some interest in video games, either.  Hopefully you find something you enjoy to do with your time, but we'll miss having you around!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 01:16:19 PM »
I'm curious as to what new interests you have GP that you mentioned having.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »
Sell your HD systems and games for extra cash!

Goodbye Sophia, It'll be lonely being the only Washingtonian on the board. :(

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »
wow, someone just closed their dupe account :P

j/k

i would say goodbye, but i can still talk to you on myspace...keep me a friend :o
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 01:28:06 PM »

Stratos lives up in Washington.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 02:19:18 PM »
But, but... :'(

Thanks for ignoring me... :P
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 02:22:57 PM »
I mean, you would think there would be lots of Washington gamers on NWR, what with Nintendo and Microsoft being in the state and Seattle being a hi-tech city, but no. Once DAaaMan64 and GP left, I'm the only Washington resident on the board.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 02:36:35 PM »
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:  :-\
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 02:43:02 PM »
Good luck with whatever you're off to doing GP, but I'm sure you're not the only one around here that either isn't all that interested in games lately or just doesn't really play all that many games to begin with.
But hopefully you swing by and start a conversation about True Blood when the next season starts.

Our active poster count may have just went down to 34 now :(

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 03:11:18 PM »
Sad to see you go, GP.  Hope to see you around again in the future.  And if you want, feel free to tune into the Newscast!  I don't know that we're ever going to have listener mail on the show, but it's always a possibility. 

Anyways, good times playing mafia with you, and good luck in the future.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 03:15:27 PM »
Speaking of Mafia I hope you play in my game GP. You did a wonderful job with your game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »
I appreciate the thoughts. Maxi I can try to play your mafia game. In regards to what my interests are? Well really just life in general, finding a new job, trying to get back into writing, reading, pushing myself to socialize more outside of the internet, and just all around finding new things that I can enjoy.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 04:14:17 PM »
I didn't know you too well but I wish you the best outside of NWR!  I gave up games for a decade once and now I'm just as addicted. Strange time to loose interest though. I don't know how people stayed excited 98 - 2005.....
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 04:29:54 PM »
I almost thought this was going to be a joke topic before I clicked on it. I did notice that you haven't been posting much but I thought it was because you had just been busy.

I've never really been through a period of being bored of gaming before so I can't say I know what that's like. But, it's just a hobby, so if it no longer holds your interest then find something else to occupy your time. Maybe you'll miss it and come back to it at some point, maybe you won't. You certainly don't have any obligation to continue to come here if it doesn't suit your interest.

I kind of agree with you about the industry though, I feel like it it losing its artistry with each passing year. Back in the day before gaming was so established, companies were never really sure what would be a hit so they experimented with various ideas and created whatever game they wanted, and hoped it would be accepted by the game-buying public. Nowadays, it seems like the main focus of game development is to create something that can be marketed to the masses, even if that means stripping away what makes it unique and interesting.

I'm touched to see your shout-out to me, even though I feel like we never really talked all that much. You're still one of my inspirations for joining up here and it's a shame to see you go. Nobody could ever hope to replace you, and I'm certainly not going to try. That doesn't mean that I won't still remind people here that they are, in fact, goobers.

I wish you the best with your new endeavors. May happiness follow you, wherever you go.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »
Bill, Mario, GP... it seems like the NWR forums die a little each passing year from why I enjoy coming here and lurking so much... So sad. :-(

Good luck GoldenPhoenix in wherever life takes you next.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 05:40:13 PM »
Will you stay if I ban Ian and D_Average?  ;)

Best of luck with where ever life may take you.

Don't be a stranger!  Pop in every now and then to say hi.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 05:44:30 PM »
Bill, Mario, GP... it seems like the NWR forums die a little each passing year from why I enjoy coming here and lurking so much... So sad. :-(

Good luck GoldenPhoenix in wherever life takes you next.

It's how things like this work I guess. This place does have an amazing list of tenured posters but times must change and people must move on. I guess we just have to hope that the new people can hold the fort down in the stead of the old guard's passing.

I don't check my mySpace very often, GP, but don't hesitate to send me a message or an email or even a Wii message if you want to chat. I enjoyed our talks about all the things that NWR forbids  ;)

You will be missed something fierce though. :(
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 06:46:28 PM »
I appreciate the thoughts. Maxi I can try to play your mafia game. In regards to what my interests are? Well really just life in general, finding a new job, trying to get back into writing, reading, pushing myself to socialize more outside of the internet, and just all around finding new things that I can enjoy.

Good luck in everything you do*

*now where have i seen that logo before...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 06:49:31 PM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 04:27:01 AM »
I understand the reason why you don't play games that often these days. I'm not really. I do hope you will come in and keep us all happy from time to time :)

Safe journeys :)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 05:26:31 AM »

Yeah, we're far away from what I consider PGC's golden age (2003-2005). The only actives I see still remaining (glancing around quickly) are you, vudu, BnM, Kashogi, Pro, KDR, ShyGuy, Pale and Ian. And of course stevey, whose grammar has improved so much that it makes me nostalgic. Does TVman still post (or whatever his new name is?) What about Caliban?

Anyway, sorry to hear you're leaving GP. You should drop in once a while to check on everyone like I do (and make sure no one changes your avatar!) - don't have to talk about games. You can just visit the General Chat and Funhouse boards.

"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »
It is with a sad heart that I have to say goodbye to NWR, at least for the most part. I've found over the last several months my interest in gaming has been getting less and less enthusiastic, yeah there is the odd Nintendo game that I still can love (Like NSMB) but beyond that I'm finding myself not interested in any other game.

Wow. Surprising. Especially after all the posts of the high amount of games you purchase or would purchase in the future.

The industry has gotten stagnant for me with its wannabe live action movies, and generic visual presentation. Beyond that though, I have so much more going on my life, that gaming has taken a back seat, I have other interests that have been developing. These boards have been a great place for me for several years but it is hard to get involved in any topics anymore, some have to do with certain posters who bother me, but mostly game in general are not fun for me to talk about anymore.

Heh. There is more to these forums than talking about games. Honestly, I hardly ever frequent the console discussion forum. One can have a lot of fun in the community sections. These forums are a lot better if you don't feel like you have to maintain a presence and can just come and go as you please. So, maybe that will help you find some fun in them again.

Anyways, I'll say goodbye although it doesn't seem like you are totally leaving but just reducing your time here. I understand that need and take time off from visiting here now and again.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 11:48:27 AM »
Wow, in some ways I feel the same and have acted so. I have just never made a big announcement to the fact. I mean, what in blazes am I doing here in an Nintendo forum given I don't own a Wii?!? Well I do have a DS, but that hasn't been given a lot of game time lately. Hell the only non-handheld game machine I have in is current gen is a Hackintosh (that blows the current gen console out of the water) and I have every Nintendo console back to NES sans VB.

I will get a Wii some day, just not in the short term. given that my life is just about to make some big jumps soon (heres hoping), I got to stay lightweight for the time being.

Although I never knew you well enough personally, you always have my respect.

On the other hand Kush has a point, he always has a point. Maybe I should go review Behind Enemy Lines 2: Axis of Evil. Here a preview. It's ****.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 12:22:32 PM »
Crap I must be on the dislike list...

Later GP! Good luck in all things you set out to do! It's a big world so there is lots and lots to do. Hopefuly we see you around when Zelda Wii comes out.

I think I had you on myspace before I dumped my account. I'll find you on facebook.

Wish you the best lady!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn