Author Topic: YOSHI BOAT  (Read 8474 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
YOSHI BOAT
« on: October 01, 2004, 06:43:05 PM »
I have been demanded by the forces that be to make a topic on the in-the-works GBA title, Yoshi Universal Gravitation...It's about time that Yoshi has gotten another title under his...err...belt?  But anyway, the layout of the game looks pretty unique, and will certainly entertain new gameplay ideas...Considering that slope seems to play a part, and that Wario Wario 2 has been shown to be using motion-sensing technology, I would like to think that this game involves a similar, if not identical, device...I have a bit of a, errr..."fetish" for motion-sensing games since one is able to be more hands-on in a game, so it only looks up for me

Yoshi + possible motion-sensing + Yoshi's Story paper look = GOLD

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing...YOSHI BOAT

Endorsed by DrZ Enterprises
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: YOSHI BOAT
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 06:58:53 PM »
This game looks HOT, hotter than hot infact. IT HAS A YOSHI BOAT. It hasnt' been announced for the English speaking world juuust yet, but hey.. they will :'D
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 09:42:23 PM »
I don't like the 3D looking Yoshi they're using in the game.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 09:47:29 PM »
I don't see what defines the "Yoshi's Story look", it looks just like all the other 2d games involving Yoshi.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 09:59:43 PM »
Yoshi's Story is a blurry mess compared to the greatness of Yoshi's Island.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
RE:YOSHI BOAT
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 04:42:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario

I'm kicking you out of this topic for saying negative things about Yoshi Boat...

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 12:52:09 PM »
mmmm...Yoshi Boat.]

Sounds like an ice-cream concoction if you ask me...

Serioulsly though, its nice to know that Yoshi hasn't been totally forgotten. What will his tongue eat next?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Kirby_PopStar

• Touches Nintendo DS at night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 02:52:20 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario

I don't like ANY of the lazy 3D sprites Nintendo has been using in their recent GameBoy Advance games. (Mario VS Donkey Kong, Super Mario Pinball Land, Mario Golf, etc.)

Yoshi Universal.. uh... Gra*mumble* looks like anm interesting game. By the name of it, that would suggest it too uses a motion-sensor type of device. Wouldn't that be fun?!?
Famicom Commemorate -- Coming Soon!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 12:05:45 PM »
"Yoshi's Story is a blurry mess compared to the greatness of Yoshi's Island."

Agreed.  It makes me wonder why Nintendo has kept Yoshi with the Story look ever since Yoshi's Story was released.  Yoshi's Story was, shall we say, accepted to mixed opinions.  Yoshi's Island however is considered by virtually every serious videogame fan as one of the best games EVER.  Same with Super Mario World.  Considering those titles are much MUCH more popular you figure Nintendo would continue with one of those looks.

The first time I saw a screen of this my interest dropped to about zero just because of the look.  I thought "Oh no they're making another Yoshi's Story."  I doubt that's the reaction Nintendo was going for.  If it looked like Yoshi's Island it would one of the most talked about games on the net right now.  Hey maybe the game will still be great but I know I'll be waiting for the reviews.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 03:58:11 AM »
I don't like Yoshi's current look for the simple reason that he practically has no tail. I mean, look at it! It's all stumpy and stuff! Yoshi's should have a nice long tail like he had in Mario World, which he can use to trip people and stuff.

But the game... yeah, it looks funky to me. Should be interesting to see if it makes it to our shores. Hopefully they'll give it a different title...

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 12:23:58 PM »
It looks okay, but I'm not concerned about the graphics.  So Yoshi uses a boat?  Reminds me of Zelda WW.  I don't want more boats.  After Metroid Prime 2 using the whole light world and dark world idea that had been used way earlier in Zelda ALttP, I thought using Zelda ideas would slow down.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 01:46:37 PM »
GRRRR

So Yoshi uses a boat? Reminds me of Zelda WW.

He BECOMES a boat, not USES a boat...Do some research before making assumptions...

And geez, that's like saying "OMG I'm using a sword in this RPG, just like in Zelda and other RPGs...That's not original at all"

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2004, 10:07:18 AM »
Hee hee, I'm on your side, Bill!  Yoshi's Story has beautiful graphics, Yoshi as a boat is awesome, and motion-sensing rules...whether or not the game uses it.
Personally, I'm most interested in how the game turns out.  I liked Yoshi's Story, but I sure didn't buy it at full price.  Hopefully this game will have more meat to it.  It looks quite different from either of the other Yoshi games though, so I don't think I can judge much yet.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2004, 03:59:54 AM »
Yoshi's Boat pics look pretty good
Hopefully This game will have hard stages like the final Page (all six on it) on Story
Island was way too easy, only hard thing was the stoopid baby mario

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 09:21:28 AM »
I don't know if the name is just something funny that doesn't translate well into English, but...

Universal gravitation is actually a real physical phenomenon.  Gravitation is the force that attracts all mass to all other mass, and its force depends on how massive the objects are and how far they are from each other.  The closer they are, the stronger the force.  (Nuclear forces are the opposite.)  There is a number called the Universal Gravitation Constant, or G, that describes the relationship of gravitational force, distance, and mass.  This number is impossible to calculate exactly, but we can figure it out indirectly from experimental observations.  The value of G is updated periodically as more data is analyzed.  As G becomes more accurate, we can get more accuracy from solutions in orbital mechanics, astronomy, etc.

Now I wonder what, if any, of this will be a part of Yoshi's new game?  It is unusual for a game title to reference a somewhat obscure physics concept like this, so I am curious to find out if it's intentional or if they just thought it sounded cool.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 06:09:46 AM »
I don't think macrophysics will play a role in a game "for all audiences". What's next, using the Doppler effect to change yoshi's colour and bring him safely through an obstacle course? Schrödinger's Baby Mario?

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 06:00:02 PM »
Im guessing this will be melee baised (moves and such) like the new kirby and the peach game on ds
Which could turn out great
Have him as a main role with moves, instead of a dumb dino which can just lick, bum slam and throw eggs
adding more elements

btw u forget that yoshi kicks his feet and floats up ,Gravity isnt very realistic for yoshi lol

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 05:14:56 PM »

instead of a dumb dino which can just lick, bum slam and throw eggs
Blasphemy!
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2004, 06:53:51 AM »
I read some impressions on IGN today, it sounds really neat.  You rotate the world to change which direction is up and down by rotating the Gameboy.  Thus, you can make Yoshi run up walls and stuff.  Otherwise, I bet it plays similarly to Yoshi's Story / Island.  Nintendo seems to be pulling off a lot of cool games for the GBA this year.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 07:09:42 AM »
I've looked at IGN's impressions and I've seen some video footage in the clips Nintendo released a few days ago.  I really like the concept but there's one problem.  Since the game requires you to move the GBA you have to move the screen which hurts visability.  This is where the idea of connectivity would really work.  Ideally you would want to be able to move the controller but keep the screen stationary.  Nintendo demoed an idea like that years ago where it was a Kirby's Tilt 'n' Tumble game played on the Cube with the GBA.  It was great idea.  In fact since it didn't require multiplayer like Nintendo's other ideas I would say it's the best connectivity idea they ever had.  I don't know why they abandoned it.

This game and the new Warioware are the sort of titles that would work great with the rumoured ideas for the Revolution.  If the controller has motion detection, um, stuff built in (and can still work like a regular controller too naturally) it would work really well for games like this. Plus it would be something that the competition wouldn't have while at the same time wouldn't completely ruin standard game controls.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2004, 07:18:59 AM »
I need to start getting more games on my GBA.  I have three of them...soon to be four with the DS, and all I have is like 4 or 5 games.  Ugh.....so sad.  But at least I can still kick my friends' ass in Four Swords.  But I don't know if I really want to be laying on the john having to turn the GBA around, but Yoshi just rocks.  What with his "BRRRRREEE!!" and "HOP!!" noises.  Ahhhh..
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 03:10:43 PM »
So, still no word on a US/PAL release of this?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 10:42:21 AM »
I don't suppose this'll exactly work with the GBP, unless they do using the R and L buttons or something.  Not sure.  This game looks awesome, but unless I magically receive an SP I may not be able to get it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 11:55:21 AM »
How about if you magically receive a DS?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 01:43:55 PM »
Will the motion thingy fit in the DS?  I wasn't sure.
My chances of magical reception are much more likely with the DS.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>