Community Forums > Movies & TV

Khushrenada's Annual Oscar Thread. 2022 Edition.

<< < (3/3)

nickmitch:
I think people made too big of a deal out of the whole thing, personally. It was a slap. Let's just move on. Chris Rock's face will heal up just fine.

Khushrenada:
How'd I do against some of the experts?

Awards Watch gets a 18/23.

IndieWire got an 19/23.

Gold Derby for some reason listed the Best Documentary Short Category twice and predicted two different films as the winner with one of the choices being correct. Not sure what's up with that but I'll be generous and given them a half point for it anyways giving them 19.5/23.

Roger Ebert. This year, the site didn't even go through all the categories just predicting 8 of them. Of those 8, the writer got 5/8 while I was 8/8 in the categories they attempted to predict.

Variety gets an 18/23.

Last year was a mixed bag in beating the "experts" but not so this year. I beat them all. Of course, there is one other person I'm always hoping to beat which is my brother. I've been competing against him longer than many of these other sites and this year he got.... 21/23. Argh. A tie. A bit disappointing for us both as one would think they'd have automatically won with a score like that. We were pretty much similar in our picks. There were only two categories we differed in: Best Song and Best Picture. He got Song right and I got Picture right and that left us with a tie.

I'd say that wraps up my time with this thread. Aside from possibly revisiting it one day to give a quick listing of how I'd rank the nominees for Best Picture if I get around to seeing them at some point but that won't be anytime soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version