Author Topic: Welcome to the TV/Movie Forum  (Read 76766 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Welcome to the TV/Movie Forum
« on: April 04, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »
Death to the mega-threads.

From now on, feel free to start a topic on a specific show and movie and now we can have more individualized threads and comments on the various titles.

Part of me would like to start going through and dissecting some of the Rate the Last TV Show and Movie threads to start creating some of those individual threads and making comments for specific shows easier to find but I also know there are a lot of cases where people rate multiple movies or shows in one post making it hard to separate that. But, I suppose those could always be left in the Megathreads and considered casualties. However, I'm not going to do that if the support isn't there either. We can always just leave those behind and copy some old posts over or start fresh on some topics.

I'm going to do some digging and pull over some older threads that were specifically created for some movies and shows to add to this forum. It's time to start building this new shiny forum up.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Welcome to the TV/Movie Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 06:22:32 PM »
I mean for those rate topics it is more of a snapshot in time and I think should stay in those mega threads. 

I guess for the individual topics if said movie and or TV show was popular enough then yeah go make a topic and things can fill in from there.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 06:29:50 PM »
Honestly, even if may not be that popular a topic, I say go ahead and just create it now anyways. Sure, maybe you are the only one that will comment or post in a thread on "Eight Days That Made Rome" but I say go ahead and create a specific thread for that show anyways if you want to comment on it. Maybe someone else will add to it later or just want to see your specific comments on that show. Making the topic will make it easier to find those comments.

If I want to find comments on Arrow or Breaking Bad right now, for example, I have to go through pages and pages of posts in the Rate the Last TV Show thread spanning many years as new seasons and episodes aired. In between there will be all kinds of posts about other shows. Now, those comments will hopefully be easier to find and better grouped together moving forward.

At the same time, I don't want to see someone just coming in and creating a topic for every single movie and TV title they can think of just to up their post and thread count. If you do feel like commenting on something or trying to start a discussion on a title or series that doesn't have a thread yet then feel free to start on at that time and not because you want to have another thread to your name with no intention of participating on the topic.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 06:34:30 PM »
No I am saying for the more popular ones the mods can make a topic about them and for whatever is not as well known or just a fave the users can make a topic if that one is passonate for them. :)
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 10:10:19 PM »
If someone wanted to make me a mod here I'd be willing to help pick apart the mega threads.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 10:26:22 PM »
I kinda like the mega threads

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 11:03:49 PM »
The Mega Threads make it difficult to actually talk about what you want to talk about.  It made sense for like the Arrowverse to have its own thread...but not all DC TV and movies.  And I know this is opposite of a post I made earlier, but now there is much more available in the DC entertainment side of things.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 11:19:11 PM »
The Mega Threads make it difficult to actually talk about what you want to talk about.  It made sense for like the Arrowverse to have its own thread...but not all DC TV and movies.  And I know this is opposite of a post I made earlier, but now there is much more available in the DC entertainment side of things.

We'll see how it goes. If we need to merge threads later on then it is much easier to do that rather than split them apart.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 10:32:02 AM »
It took me a minute to figure out where the threads I was looking for went while on my phone, yet the topic was right where  I left it on the computer...

and I can see the Megathread being a deterrent for new posters sticking around as there is no real jumping in point in lots of topics, as a general movie thread may have had a comment about a specific Sci-fi movie, but then it goes on for 20 post about Star Trek movies.

But I also don't think there are enough active posters to warrant changing our ways. LOL
catch 22

Either way, I'm all for encouraging new specific threads for specific topics, and for the mods splintering derailing conversation to it's own threads when necessary.

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 08:59:04 PM »
It's about time! More threads.

*disappears back into the ether*