Author Topic: 3DS Ambassador GBA Games Delayed Until 2012?  (Read 8140 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS Ambassador GBA Games Delayed Until 2012?
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 05:23:26 PM »
Well, considering the aggressiveness from all of us, Nintendo of America damn well better think before they speak. Hopefully it's not another "love ya guys, but **** all y'all. Xenoblade and **** ain't never coming here!"
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 02:21:13 AM »
You have to consider it a marketing fail when your biggest fans are really cynical of one of your brands, in this case NoA.

More of a PR fail, really.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 12:45:42 PM »
Honestly, the sooner the release these GBA games the better. It kills me to see flyers and ads with stores selling the 3DS at $130.00 and I went and bought the system full price at launch. I just did not expect to see a Nintendo platform drop in price that much in under a year.

The NES games are whatever. I don't find much worth in them aside from a couple classics. I've never been a big NES fan and the only NES games I ever want to play now and then are the Mario games, Zelda 1 and Duck Hunt.

But the GBA games have some value. Most of the games announced I own. That said, I do like the convenience factor of not having to pop in different cartridges to play them again. It's ridiculous that we still don't have a full lineup of games announced at this point. How long does it take to figure out another 5 games to offer? It just adds fuel to the fire that Nintendo doesn't care about making it up to the customers that did adopt early.

Now it's true. They don't have to. But this experience has made me question buying other Nintendo systems early. And if more of your consumers think that way, it's damaging to your overall business because it depends on more people buying your hardware so that you can sell more of the software that goes with it. If everyone takes a wait and see approach on their next hardware release, it is going to crash and burn.

It's great they offered this stuff as a sort of apology. It's just a shame they are now screwing up the apology.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »
Yeah, the steep price cuts make me worry about the next system.  I was banking on Nintendo keeping the same price for 2 or so years at least.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nhaines

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 04:40:01 PM »
The German page says the GBA VC games will become available "ab dieses Jahr", which means "within the year."

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 05:18:46 PM »
Yes, the Spanish and German pages have been changed to say this year now.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 11:25:43 PM »
Honestly, the sooner the release these GBA games the better. It kills me to see flyers and ads with stores selling the 3DS at $130.00 and I went and bought the system full price at launch. I just did not expect to see a Nintendo platform drop in price that much in under a year.
Yeah, same here. It was a huge mistake. Just be glad that you've played some 3DS games because I still haven't bought any.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 11:28:58 PM »
Mop it up, you need to go out and buy Super Mario 3D Land right now. It's one of the best games in the series.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 11:31:04 PM »
Trust me, I want to, but I just don't have the money right now due to several unseen events that I'd rather not get into. I'm hoping for Christmas with that one.