Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Backlaugust 2021: Round 2: Electric Boogaloo

(1/18) > >>

pokepal148:
Backlaugust: The Official Negative World Nintendo World Report Month for Decimating Backlogs!™ is back again for more action! So start looking through your backlog and get started!

Here are the "rules":

Games can be on any system, not just Nintendo systems. I know we're a Nintendo fan site, but most everyone here is a multi-console owner. So play a game on any system you want.

Let us know what you're playing. Mostly just so we can cheer each other on.

Play games you already own. A lot of people tend to buy a game then not play it, or play it for a significant amount of time and then put it down. This is what we're aiming for. Games that launch in August don't count.

Try to pick up games you aren't actively playing right now. Games you're currently playing can be allowed, but in the spirit of Backlaugust, let's try to make them games you aren't playing at the moment. Make it a game you haven't touched in a month or more if possible.

When is a game done? That's up to you! Mark a game off your backlog when you've seen the ending or end credits, or once you've seen enough of the game in a game without a "proper ending" (like an arcade-type game). You don't have to do or get everything unless you want to.

Finished games will be posted in the next post. Because everyone likes to see their accomplishments recognized. Just post when you're done and I'll try to update daily.

Last year we cleared a whopping 44 games and handily outclassed those fake gamers at Negative World we were competing against. Let's try to clear even more games this year!

pokepal148:
Here's something a little extra I can do since I'm not running the same event on Negative World and with proper forum software this took literal seconds to set up.

Games Completed:

* Mega Man Zero -Mr. Bungle
* Maze Walker -Mr. Bungle
* Mighty Switch Force 2 -Mr. Bungle

Look at what I can do on a proper Video Game Forum. Eat your heart out Zero!!!

:moonface:

NWR_insanolord:
Once I finish up my current review game, which should be soon, my big goal is to tackle two sets of classics: Metroid Prime Trilogy and Mass Effect Legendary Edition, completing at least the first game of each of those.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: pokepal148 on July 31, 2021, 08:14:02 PM ---Last year we cleared a whopping 44 games and handily outclassed those fake gamers at Negative World we were competing against.

--- End quote ---

Wooo!! Best thing about last year's Backlaugust!

I was wondering if we scared off Negative World after last year but I see Mop It Up started a thread there so it's just that you are not doing it for both communities.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: pokepal148 on July 31, 2021, 08:14:02 PM ---Try to pick up games you aren't actively playing right now. Games you're currently playing can be allowed, but in the spirit of Backlaugust, let's try to make them games you aren't playing at the moment. Make it a game you haven't touched in a month or more if possible.

--- End quote ---

While I sort of get the intent from this, I don't really follow it. To me, any game is part of the backlog whether you've had it for 10 years or 10 minutes. Until you've actually played and beat it to your satisfaction then it is part of your backlog. Of course, I do get the idea of using the month to perhaps motivate a person to tackle some of those games that have been in the backlog longer but anything you haven't beat or completed in your backlog is valid. As well, I finally started playing Skyward Sword Wii last month after having had it for like 8 or 9 years and not getting around to it. That's what I'm going to keep playing into this month and focusing on beating and completing. Just because I started it a couple weeks ago, I'm not going to set it aside now for a month when it is still a valid entry as something I can complete in my backlog. I guess what I'm saying pokepal is that...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version