Author Topic: Nintendo, 2d platformers, evil Colonel Sanders Spiders, what's not to like?  (Read 30350 times)

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: jasonditz
If only you could reconcile those two paragraphs with one another...

How are they irreconcilable?

PETA is an organization that tries to be good, but goes too far. Their objectives seem fine, as they present themselves as an animal rights group, but their methods are terrible.

Does that mean mankind is evil? No. There are dozens of other animal rights groups that are much less hypocritical.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: thatguy
Just because there's one group of people who are insane doesn't mean everyone is.  That's why I think you need a little bit of therapy.  That's the kind of thinking it takes to destroy yourself from the inside-out.

In other words "you don't agree with me, so you must be crazy", right?

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot

If only you could reconcile those two paragraphs with one another...

How are they irreconcilable?

PETA is an organization that tries to be good, but goes too far. Their objectives seem fine, as they present themselves as an animal rights group, but their methods are terrible.

Does that mean mankind is evil? No. There are dozens of other animal rights groups that are much less hypocritical.

I never said mankind was evil... I just said that 99%+ of people are hypocritical about one thing or another and that I found it intensely curious how unhinged people were getting in a thread about a 2D Flash-based platformer.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
No, in other words, I've seen people tear their lives apart because they've had your mindset.  I am merely trying to warn you that the outlook you have now is a dangerous and unfulfilling one.  You should attempt to adjust it, before it's too late.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile

Originally posted by: thatguy
No, in other words, I've seen people tear their lives apart because they've had your mindset.  I am merely trying to warn you that the outlook you have now is a dangerous and unfulfilling one.  You should attempt to adjust it, before it's too late.

Adjust it in what way? How much do I have to hate PETA to qualify as normal?  

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Now, to be fair, I doubt anyone on this board decided that they hate PETA because of the flash application, you linking to it or because of your post.  I bet most of us already know that PETA isn't a very respectable group of people.  So, when you come here and post something about PETA, don't be surprised if people reply negatively about it.

I mean, if you came on here and posted a flash game made by Islamic terrorists where the goal was to fly planes into buildings and kill infidel Americans, people would probably get worked up over that one as well.  It's not that we *hate* the flash game or your post, it is that PETA has proven, multiple times, through their actions, that they, as a group, are one of the worst "rights" groups out there.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Yeah, soon as I saw Mario and crew in this, I said, someone gonna get sued.

Also, PETA are a bunch of psychos, support your local humane society

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
I love you guys. You're awesome. I ever tell you that? It's true.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I personally have a problem with any group that believes Animals are more important man.

And this does just go into the environmental arguments like man's progress is destroying the world (which they believe) but PETA is willing to take drastic actions to ruin peoples lives to protect animals.  And that is not right.

It isn't right for lie about KFC and try to destroy their reputation because they don't like how KFC handles their chickens.  If it is bad enough for the Food and Drug Administration to get involved don't you think they would have?

It is not right for the company to support the terrorist Animal Liberation Front, who has bombed and sabotaged corporate offices and work sites because they believe it is killing animals.

It is not right that PETA, brought legal action against a poor farmer who accidentally killed an endangered spotted owl, and lost everything, his land, his home, a pretty hefty sum of money, because "The spotted owl has made this land its home, their for it must be protected."

It is not right that PETA, speaks about the ills of corporate testing and killing animals, but then their own shelters kill 100s of animals because they just have too many...hey why not give those animals that you are going to kill to some medical testing clinics so perhaps we can cure some life threatening human diseases, oh that is right...that is cruelty  to animals, but just killing them isn't.

It is not right that they go to public events with kids around and do yell obscene things about how they are murders.

It is not right that they are actively seeking federal action to ban the eating of all animals.

Basically, I think PETA was an organization that started out good  (Like Most) but was taken over by the crazies that believe in this stuff.  
Here is a fun positive fact about PETA.  PETA I believe was the first organization to take on child abuse because there was no organization protecting children at the time...which is sad and tells you something about our society, we are more willing to protect animals than children.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
hey why not give those animals that you are going to kill to some medical testing clinics so perhaps we can cure some life threatening human diseases, oh that is right...that is cruelty  to animals, but just killing them isn't.

Well, to be fair, there are things much worse than death...

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile

Originally posted by: UncleBob
Now, to be fair, I doubt anyone on this board decided that they hate PETA because of the flash application, you linking to it or because of your post.  I bet most of us already know that PETA isn't a very respectable group of people.  So, when you come here and post something about PETA, don't be surprised if people reply negatively about it.

I mean, if you came on here and posted a flash game made by Islamic terrorists where the goal was to fly planes into buildings and kill infidel Americans, people would probably get worked up over that one as well.  It's not that we *hate* the flash game or your post, it is that PETA has proven, multiple times, through their actions, that they, as a group, are one of the worst "rights" groups out there.

I don't agree with everything PETA does either, but the repeated comparisons to al-Qaeda seem a bit... over the top... if you don't mind my saying.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
An extremist group that believes in using violence and killing innocents to force others to agree with their point of view?

Naw, I don't see the connection either.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
Using violence to force others to agree with one's point of view hardly seems extremist. As I said before... 99%+ of people are willing to do that.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile

99%+ of people are willing to do that.

97.3% of all statistics are made up.

Also wouldn't 99%+ mean 100%?

Using violence to force others to agree with one's point of view hardly seems extremist.

Lawl . . .  

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom

Originally posted by: Mashiro
Also wouldn't 99%+ mean 100%?

Technically no, it could be 99.5%, for example.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
True . . . good point.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Using violence to force others to agree with one's point of view hardly seems extremist. As I said before... 99%+ of people are willing to do that.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that statement and that statistic.

Perhaps I'm just in the smaller >1% of sane, rational humans that don't resort to blowing up innocent people just because they disagree with what I think.

Lucky for you (and your family), 'eh?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
"Using violence to force others to agree with one's point of view hardly seems extremist. As I said before... 99%+ of people are willing to do that."

I guess I make up that less than 1%.  I had no idea that virtually everyone around me will use violence against me if I have a different opinion than them.

That statment just sounds outright INSANE.  At worst people might THINK about using violence to force others to agree with them.  Sometimes when someone disagrees with you it's not irregular to think to yourself "jerk, I oughta punch him in the face" but few people actually go beyond that.

Though even if that was the case I still wouldn't tolerate it.  I really don't care what the majority thinks.  If it logically seems wrong to me then I think it's wrong even if the rest of the world disagrees with me.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"Using violence to force others to agree with one's point of view hardly seems extremist. As I said before... 99%+ of people are willing to do that."

I guess I make up that less than 1%.  I had no idea that virtually everyone around me will use violence against me if I have a different opinion than them.

Holy crap, put me in that less than 1% as well...

*is now scared of being randomly stalked and attacked for disagreeing with assorted NWR posters*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Put me smack dab in the middle of the 99%. You are wrong, and I am willing to kill you because of it.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
Well I will resort to violence as a means of protecting the lives of other humans.  Since PETA regards animals as of equal standings as humans I guess I can kind of see how in their minds it would be no different.  But then they do dumb stuff like taking animals from shelters and killing them which is like breaking someone out of prison and then gunning them down so they don't have to deal with the hardships of life as a fugitive.  That gets into "I decide who lives or dies" thinking which, ethics or morality aside, is dangerous since it renders everyone's life as invaluable.  Beyond being selfish or evil it's just foolish since you promote the idea that someone else can decide if YOU die.

Plus if PETA really thought animals and humans were equal then it would be wrong for them to decide anything about the animals involved.  If the animal wants to risk dying in the wild or wants to return to being a pet if they're equal to us that must be allowed.  PETA are no less the animal slave masters than the rest of us.  That's why they're extremists.  They regards themselves as above the rest of us.  It's not about animal rights it's about PETA being in charge.  It's the meglomaniac that wants to make the world a better place by being supreme dictator.  

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
If that statistic were true we would all already be dead and the world we be devoid of human life as we would have killed each other by now.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Put me smack dab in the middle of the 99%. You are wrong, and I am willing to kill you because of it.

I think I'm in the 99%, too.  In my fantasy experiences, I've thrown ShyGuys at each other to kill them, eaten them, put them in my mouth and spit them out, thrown fire at them, stomped at them, and done several other things, all to ShyGuys.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yeah, but is that because you disagree with ShyGuy or just because you don't like him in general?

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

That statment just sounds outright INSANE.  At worst people might THINK about using violence to force others to agree with them.  Sometimes when someone disagrees with you it's not irregular to think to yourself "jerk, I oughta punch him in the face" but few people actually go beyond that.

Though even if that was the case I still wouldn't tolerate it.  I really don't care what the majority thinks.  If it logically seems wrong to me then I think it's wrong even if the rest of the world disagrees with me.

You may well be in that less than 1%... who knows. But yes, virtually everyone around you will use violence against you (or suppose someone else using violence against you) in some case if you disagree with them or refuse to obey them.