Author Topic: DSi owners' thread  (Read 52554 times)

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: DSi owners' thread
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2009, 09:17:15 PM »
So anyone find good screen protectors? I heard that the Rocketfish ones weren't all that great.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2009, 02:08:40 AM »
The Big Ben ones I have work fine.

Offline DmentD

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2009, 03:55:50 PM »
I love my DSi but............ why the heck do you have to go into the settings to turn the wireless function on?!   Its sooooo annoying! 
keep on keepin' on!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »
From the manual it sounds like that toggle is only when you go into a situation where you simply can't use wireless, e.g. on a plane, I don't think it draws power if it's left on without playing online.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2009, 01:55:35 PM »
Really, that is good to know! I turn it off thinking its just draining battery... Also the WI-FI light flashes when you use WI-FI.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:56:45 PM by kraken613 »
~David~

Offline DmentD

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »
 ??? What brightness setting does everyone use on the DSi?  I play on High (4) The highest is just to bright and medium is just to low.  It's such a drastic difference from medium to high...I wish the brightness selection was a dial instead.  Although I love to play it on high it drains the battery pretty fast  :-[
keep on keepin' on!

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2009, 03:35:41 PM »
I play 2nd to bottom in the dark then the 3rd or 4th depending on how bright.
~David~

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2009, 11:10:41 PM »
I just got a DSi. I love the matte look, and feel to it. It's light, and so sleek. The screens look bigger.
It's recharging right, so all I can say is that I am very pleased with its exterior.
Brightness at 2.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:39:49 AM by Caliban »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2009, 04:04:35 PM »
I'm thinking about picking up a DSi sometime in the near future.

Does anyone know if the DSi has any idiosyncrasies like the DS HEVY's different touch screen types or the Lite's cracked hinges?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Symroy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2009, 01:06:17 AM »

I got mine yesterday, walked into a store around noon and just grabbed one, no waiting or preordering. I picked the white one <insert racism joke here>.
 the browser is more a novelty I think since you can't even fit one full line of text on the screen and scrolling back and forth just to read one paragraph is tiring and slow.
--------------------------------------
Not use to this forum yet so if i screw  up on posting this, bite me.

I did the same damn thing when i got mine. Lite blue, all they have at the time >_<.

I joined this forum only using the DSi browser, idk what ur doing, but u got urs messed up.
goto settings under home, turn in text wrapping and turn off download images. It`ll make it 100x faster and makes it easier to read long paragraphs
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:09:22 AM by Symroy »
PM me for Friend Code for Final Fantasy Cc Echoes of time.
Lev. 99 Selkie FTW!!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2009, 08:52:06 PM »
A version of The Tower DS just got announced for DSiWare in Japan. I was planning on buying a DSi anyway, but even if I weren't a North American release of that alone would be enough of a killer app for me to buy one just for that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2009, 07:24:29 PM »
The only thing I really hate of the DSi is its inability to play under sunlight. The DS phat looked actually ok but it's impossible with the DSi. And the higher brightness settings just eat too much battery.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2009, 08:44:06 AM »
I set the brightness to whatever I need, no use in conserving battery when I can't play it.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »
I would think the ability to switch the brightness on the fly as opposed to going into the system menu would make changing it for a short time to accommodate lighting much more feasible than in the previous DS models

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2009, 09:55:32 AM »
ummm... you can.  Hold down the select button while toggling the volume switch...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2009, 10:23:58 AM »
I know, that's what I said, you can do it quickly and easily on the DSi. You might not want to bother with going to the system menu to switch it so you could play for just a little while on a Phat or Lite, but you'd be more likely to do it when you can do it like that.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2009, 10:53:24 AM »
Ah - I get what you were saying now. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
I got a DSi over the weekend!!

I haven't opened it yet.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2009, 01:57:25 PM »
What does it do?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2009, 01:58:31 PM »
Right now it looks really nice sitting on my bookshelf.  Also keeps some papers from blowing around when I have the window open.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2009, 02:05:51 PM »
I treat my old graphing calculator the same way.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2009, 07:37:33 PM »
Does anyone know of a good hard storage case for the DSi?  All the ones I've seen are either metal/plastic skins that affix to your DSi or soft storage cases.  I want something that's not going to permanently (or even temporarily) affix to my DSi but I hate soft cases because they don't offer much protection.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:45:21 PM by vudu »

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2009, 11:18:20 PM »
well we just got 2 dsi's about a week ago and im liking them quite a bit so far. but for some reason when trying to play tetris ds i am unable to connect to my wifi. i have it set on wap2, which the dsl wouldnt connect to, but the dsi will as the store and internet browser work fine. the game simply says that the nintendo ds doesnt support the security settings.....but i am not playing on a ds or dsl. does anyone have any ideas on how to get it to work, or is this a problem in the way the game is made? any help would be appreciated.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2009, 05:15:40 PM »
The game itself has to be programmed to use the higher level of Wi-Fi security. So older games for the regular DS cannot use the WAP2. It is a sad and unfortunate thing since they decided to have the online package on the game card s and not in the original DS from the get-go.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »
well that sucks. that was what i was thinking but i was hoping nintendo wouldnt have made that kind of a mistake. oh well. thank for the reply.