Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3156414 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*(updated 7/14/2006)
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2006, 06:51:40 PM »
Ah, but you wouldn't be playing Zelda you would be playing Shiek wouldn't you?  

Oh course you bring up another point...fleshing out the character of Zelda.  

Personally, I see a very interesting story here.  It is surrounded by a basic mystery.  Hyrule is at war with an new and unknown mysterious force, that is bringing all of Hyrule to its knees and forcing the kingdom to take sides in the battle.  The Sages are carefully watching over the land waiting for the Hero of Courage to once again remerge, and the battle for the tri-force once again play out.  Yet, no hero emerges, and it looks less likely that this has anything to do with the triforce at all.  The Sages must decide to take action or to continue to wait.  Taking action revokes their watcher/sage status over the realm of Hyrule, but allows them to directly interact with the world once again.  

A decision is made, and the journey begins.  Yet as this evil is uprooted another evil is just beginning to emerge, and with the Sages now vunerable and Hyrule in the grips of war...a play for the Tri-force is beginning again.  

That would be my basic one sheet of the game.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
RE:The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*(updated 7/14/2006)
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2006, 07:16:39 PM »
plus it would be perfectly ok for a sage to die during this war since they, like the hero of legend, is awakened and summoned into their role when the time is right. think of that elf sage from WW. i havent played the game in awhile but im sure they implied he died in his temple (other than making him a transparent figure lol)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2006, 07:31:13 PM »
There you have it.  But I'm going to have to say the Hyrule is awfully small for a "traditional" style RPG.  They need to expand it.  Give it more area.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2006, 07:38:29 PM »
OOOOOHHHHhhhh

What if Link joined your party when you least expected it?

I mean, right at the end, right before the evil dude is about to kill you, Link jumps into the fray all pimped out and doing his thang.

He becomes a party member and helps you defeat old dude with some crazy-only-in-RPGs moves, like BLAAAOOW!
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2006, 08:02:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Requiem
OOOOOHHHHhhhh

What if Link joined your party when you least expected it?

I mean, right at the end, right before the evil dude is about to kill you, Link jumps into the fray all pimped out and doing his thang.

He becomes a party member and helps you defeat old dude with some crazy-only-in-RPGs moves, like BLAAAOOW!

actually a suggestion i was going to make was that in a sort of "never saw it coming" finale, where you think all hope is lost and hryule will be destroyed (which it will, sorta). you find out that link is batteling evil (ganon) from another dimension (the one where ganon is imprisoned in) and theres a playable fight sequence where you can actually control link for the first time in the game. you cant really win the battle but you're holding off ganon long enough for the sages to defeat the evil that is destroying their realm and summon the flood from the gods that keeps ganon isolated in the 'frozen' hyrule we see in WW. the ending could be that ganon kills link and esapes from the realm he was improsoned in, only to find out he is improsoned still in the soon-to-be kingdom of legend.

i've been thinking alot of the rumors of link dying in TP and how it should be done if link was to die in a game. thats something i came up with

EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2006, 08:11:38 PM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
There you have it.  But I'm going to have to say the Hyrule is awfully small for a "traditional" style RPG.  They need to expand it.  Give it more area.

i agree, but the areas that make up hyrule are homes to the different races whose leaders swore allegiance to the king of hyrule. instead of expanding hyrule, the game can simply explore brand new areas, with new races, whom have no ties to hryule. there could be a neighboring village that is nuetral or enemies of hyrule.

for example there could be a village of theives that loathe the king, so zelda disguises herself as sheik in that village, and loses some of her party. for instance, darunia might be well known as the leader of gorons who pledge allegiance to the king of hyrule so he wouldnt be welcomed, but nabooru who is from a tribe of theives as well would not be a threat to such a village.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2006, 08:26:45 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Mother = Earthbound 0.

Deal.

That's it's fan-given name.

Mother = Earthbound.
Mother 2 = Earthbound.
Mother 3 = N/A
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2006, 04:47:29 AM »
In my story Ganondorf has learned not to underestimate his opponents.  He is using his power and some of his allies to pull the Triforce out of possessing the Hero of Courage.  

At a critical moment near the final of the game, Shiek must decide whether she will reveal whom she is and use her true power.  It would be during a boss battle, and the entire party will be dead but her, and you will for the first time get to use a new magic attack that will totally kick ass...however, once that is unleashed Ganondorf will know who the Sage is and act 2 of the story will began to hunt her down.  

At this point in time, he already has the triforce of courage.  So basically, you wouldn't have to bring Link into the game at all.  

The ending of this story wouldn't be a traditional happy ending, because Ganondorf must win.  However, in the last battle it is the Sages that sink Hyrule underwater and protect it from Ganondorf's evil.  In this way, the world doesn't have to turn dark.

With Ganondorf free in this new world, the uncertainty of the legend becames a reality even for him.  Will there ever be another Hero of Courage after he pulled it out of the past Link? How about another Zelda with the triforce of courage?  He rules the islands of Wind Waker, yet he doesn't rule the world he loves.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2006, 04:59:06 AM »
Uh... what are we talking about in here? well anyway I didn't want to make a new thread about this so I just stick it here since its unconfirmed any way:

Nintendo to unveil NEW games @ Liepzig Games Convention

According to Nintendo: The Official Magazine (a European publication, to be sure), the August Games Convention 2006, held from August 24th to the 27th, will showcase several previously unannounced Wii titles.

I wonder whats gonna be shown.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2006, 06:01:09 AM »
BlackNMild:  Yes...Technically you are in the right thread.  Rumors and such.

I wonder what they will be.

Perhaps more variations in Wii Sports?  This rumored WiiParty game?  I dunno.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2006, 06:19:20 AM »
Are there any games that are typically huge in Germany?

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »

Originally posted by: SixthAngel
Are there any games that are typically huge in Germany?

The David Hasselhoff Sing-a-long game is quite popular.  They must be revealing a Wii version of a David Hasselhoff game of some sort.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2006, 06:58:14 AM »
"Aufbau strategie" (construction strategy? Stuff like Settlers and Anno 1602.) was a pretty popular genre last I checked, as are football manager sims but mostly it's the same as all other countries.

The good part of the GC is that it's not too far from my home so I could visit it.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2006, 10:07:57 PM »
You went last year, right?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
RE:The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*(updated 7/25/2006)
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2006, 02:17:35 PM »
source: 2amUpdate.com

Originally posted on Nintendo.com forums
-First off let me say that the full scope of the Wii controller details has yet to be revealed by PixArt and Nintendo. Although I cannot elaborate any further let me say that the Nintendo should show that the movement in 3D space will allow experiences outside of just the TV screen. And its not 3D projection related.

-The official launch date has yet to be set in stone but will indeed launch before Sony’s PS3.

-Ironically enough, the first game that will be shown to the public that demonstrates the full scope of Wii controller potential will be Dragonball Z Budokai 4.

-When Nintendo first showed the controller at Tokyo Game Show late 2005 they were very hesitant to show it full usage. I will allow one more clue to my finding that the Wii controller can function exactly as we all have seen demonstrated WITHOUT the sensor bar. So ask yourselves, why need a sensor bar?

-The sensor bar was in all actuality in no use at E3 2006. What is will allow hasn’t been shown yet.

-According to people who are working close to everyday events at Nintendo R&D, Nintendo Wii specifications were far and away developed solely for that machine.

-IBM and ATI have been working on Broadway and Hollywood for quite some time now. And according to many people Wii’s specs could go up or down at this point in the CPU/VPU departments. Apparently Nintendo has spent quite a lot of money having IBM and ATI fabricate many iterations of Broadway and Hollywood. Which range from a 3.4GHz-730MHz Broadway CPUs, and 1.2GHz-553MHz custom ATI/Nintendo Hollywood VPU. From what we hear Hollywood is key to the Wii’s power. The architecture is all about eliminating bottlenecks and maximizing performance, upgrade of the CPU with the slight downgrade of the graphics processor compliments this philosophy, striking a great balance for Wii. However, it was also indicated that since Hollywood is a truly extreme “Flipper II” and Broadway is a massively upgraded “Gekko II” at least in architecture. That early on Nintendo R&D took a good look at what GameCube did good and what it could have done better. It was mentioned that GameCube’s Flipper was an extremely powerful chip far more capable than even the Xbox’s. The Gekko design meant for balance, though was not able to support but about 50% of the ArtX’s Flipper’s power. This particular bottleneck has been ironed out allowing Broadway to fully complement Hollywood to its maximum potential and vise-versa. The initial estimates we got concerning final hardware spec was Broadway at around 1.5GHz and Hollywood at 555MHz.

-There is also word that Nintendo in private sessions has big plans for the Wii headset. Talk is, that Nintendo wants to lean away from having the headset only for online capability. They are wanting to go further. Having the headset of course include a microphone for use in games is a given. But there was also talk of a late to launch release of this “gyroscopic headset” that would be supported by the sensor bar as well. To sum up the theory we were privy to. The headset would be somewhat sensitive to movement that could be translated into the game. Such as if you get up and move to the right of your television something might correspond for that in the game. Such as dodging things, looking around corners etc. It was also mentioned that it might have a unique look and non-obstructive lightweight design.

-Our latest discovery concerning Wii software is that developer Nibris (Raid Over the River, Sadness) has received Wii development kits and has partnered with publisher Majesco.
hmmmm....... true reason of the sensor bar yet to be revealed? I will withold thoughts on these rumors until I get home from work later.

Quick Summary
-Wii controller still has a secret(movement in 3-d space not presented on TV) DBZ: Budokai 4 1syt to take full advantage
-True use for the sensor bar has yet to be revealed
-Wii could be more powerful than we have been led to believe(Broadway 1.5ghz & Hollywood 555mhz)
-Gyroscope headset to be released post launch(used for more than online chat<obviously>)

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2006, 02:30:41 PM »
the idea of using the headset in gameplay is a great one, and one that i really have no doubt that nintendo is proabaly looking into(not that i ever thought of it before reading of the idea here). the sensor bar still seems to me like it would HAVE to be there for the pointer aspect of the wii controller to function, but i dont claim to have much technical knowledge..... so saying that i wont comment on the specs part of that post.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĂ©-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*(updated 7/25/2006)
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2006, 02:55:40 PM »
The Wiimote cannot tell how far it is from the TV screen unless it has the sensor bar and is capable of "seeing" the two LEDs, so I think it's safe to say that this is indeed its function (whether it has any others is anyone's guess).

The camera in the top of the Wiimote (confirmed by Nintendo) uses the two LEDs as a point of reference so it knows when the player moves the Wiimote closer or further from the TV because the camera sees the distance between the LEDs changing. When they get further apart, it knows the Wiimote has been moved closer. When they get closer together, the Wiimote has been pulled back.

The accelerometer cannot determine where it is, only that it's being moved around. Any game which needs to aim at the screen is going to need the sensor bar to work.

Don't trust these rumors at all...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »
Playing devils advocate here.  The Wii could time the delay and strength of the signal from the WiiMote to gauge how for it is from the Wii itself.  The accelormeters could deal with movement.

Now that being said I still think that Smash is right.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2006, 03:31:33 PM »
Im not surprised about the headset.  The first time they mentioned sword fighting i figured we would need something like this to do it properly.

If they didnt have anything like this it would just be standing up straight swinging a sword. Not very real. Mabye buttons for ducking but that would feel wrong in my opinion.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2006, 07:16:15 PM »
There is most definitely going to be a headset, just not one with gyroscope functionality.

The whole concept of a gyroscope in a headset is flawed. How are you going to turn your head and still be able to see the TV? Unless the headset is used for really subtle things (such as leaning right to look around a corner), it's not very useful. And even if it were used for the subtle things, the wiimote can already mimmick those actions. So again, it makes it completely useless.

With that said, I really wish they make a headset for gaming and the like. I would really like to be able to call my friends through the Wii and setup a game while conversating. That to me is the ultimate long distance multiplayer experience.

I mean seriously, we all can agree that multiplayer is only good if there is a good amount of interaction between the players (even if it's only before and after the game).
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĂ©-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2006, 07:52:22 PM »
I don't think we'll see a headset this gen because it runs counter to everything Nintendo has said so far about making gaming less scary and more appealing to a broader audience. You think a controller is scary? Try a helmet with wires coming out of it. See if you can get grandpa to put THAT thing on.

Besides, what is Nintendo going to do NEXT gen when Sony and MS have BOTH ripped off the Wiimote if they play all their innovation cards right now?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2006, 07:57:24 PM »
don't patents last for about 10 or so years?

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2006, 06:15:15 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
I don't think we'll see a headset this gen because it runs counter to everything Nintendo has said so far about making gaming less scary and more appealing to a broader audience. You think a controller is scary? Try a helmet with wires coming out of it. See if you can get grandpa to put THAT thing on.

Besides, what is Nintendo going to do NEXT gen when Sony and MS have BOTH ripped off the Wiimote if they play all their innovation cards right now?

Oh that's for damn sure.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2006, 07:04:30 AM »
If it's you bread and butter, like Coke and Disney, you can get it to last for 50 years.  Hi-Tech I'm sure has different rules but Disney is trying to find a way to keep Mickey off of public domain.  Coke changes it's formula and the like.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2006, 07:15:27 AM »
Disney extends copyright, not patents. Coke uses trade secrets instead of patents. Patents last 20 years from filing or 17 from issuing.