Author Topic: Episode 602: Internationally Reviled  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Episode 602: Internationally Reviled
« on: December 16, 2018, 11:20:15 AM »

Nothing says "holidays" like using regional insults to tell your least-favorite podcast host how you feel.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/49164/episode-602-internationally-reviled

We're finally back to business as usual over at RFN. Guillaume kicks-off New Business with a flood of games: Blaster Master Zero, Katamari Damacy REROLL, and the SEGA Genesis Classics. Greg and James then continue talking Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, both of them have dug deep into World of Light, and spend a lot of time talking about that mode.

After the break, we pick up a duo of Listener Mail. This week we cheat and pick winners and losers. You can badmouth Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. by sending us an email.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 602: Internationally Reviled
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 05:25:55 PM »
There's a game called Screencheat in which everybody is invisible and you have to look at their viewpoints to tell where they are.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 02:00:14 PM »
Dillon. I feel like Nintendo botched a character with a fucking cool design and an interesting moveset by making the first two dillon games these very dry and boring touch screen gimmick tower defense games. In STARK contrast, Dead Heat Breakers is such a surprisingly good game that I feel like is just... ruined by the fact that it's got two prequel games that are boring trash and that it's noe of those nebulous post-switch 3DS games.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »
You all got into the area of football games, and it jogged my memory about Mutant League Football on Sega Genesis.  There was a section of the playbook that included cheats, one of which was bribing the ref to call a bogus play on your opponent. 

Thanks for tackling the question.  Just something that crossed my mind and was hoping to hear y'all toss it back and forth.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 03:43:53 PM »
I've not played any Disgaea games, but from hearing bits and pieces about the 5th one on Switch it sounds like that could arguably be in the cheat-against-CPU camp too? The game has a shop which outright sells cheats such as experience point modifiers, and you can nerf the enemies' levels.
Additionally, since you can enter every item and boost its stats by beating levels contained within them, you could theoretically gain huge advantages over opponents. Other methods, like stacking your units on top of each other, aren't really cheating either but it sure would look silly if you built a tower of archers like that in Fire Emblem.

I dunno, I guess the games are ultimately designed with this in mind, but they definitely seem to encourage players to try and break the game a bit, with their endless stat-maxing potential.

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 10:52:49 AM »
Burnout was really disappointing. Nothing like driving at 100 miles an hour and not nothing where to turn while the AI knows the best route. Really disappointing game.