Author Topic: Episode 588: The Thousand-Year Reign of Scrooge McDuck  (Read 2408 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 588: The Thousand-Year Reign of Scrooge McDuck
« on: September 09, 2018, 11:47:14 AM »

May he hop ever-forward.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/48265/episode-588-the-thousand-year-reign-of-scrooge-mcduck

This week James tries to add some variety to the show. It's an unmitigated failure. Our apologies in advance.

Guillaume starts us off with a look at the demo for Mega Man 11, which was released on Switch mere hours before this recording. The comparison to other recent 2D platformers is inescapable, and he finds the comparisons unfavorable. Jon is also playing a Capcom 2D platformer, that being Ducktales from Disney Afternoon Collection. This collection of Capcom classics is not available on Switch, because its audience has clearly shown no interest in platformers or nostalgia. It's a sound marketing decision by all parties. Greg finishes up The Messenger. Guess what? It's still really good and you should be playing it. James isn't playing! He's playing another damn Yakuza game. I know, I know. He's taking his pledge to not talk Yakuza seriously, instead of just calling it "Unnamed Crime Series", and instead devotes his time helping J&J Dream Factory (A Division of Chem Health Pharmaceuticals; "Better Living Through Chemicals") through a leadership crisis. It's dumber than it sounds.

After the break we knock out a trio of Listener Mail. This week we: cast a live-action Game & Watch FMV game, get inside the release strategy of independent games, and try to play StarCraft 64 with a Joy-Con. You can feel our HD Rumble by sending us an email.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 588: The Thousand-Year Reign of Scrooge McDuck
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 09:01:51 PM »
That sure is an episode title.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 11:09:37 PM »
Oh man Game & Watch Prime

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 11:28:11 PM »
David actually posted our review for Cosmic Star Heroine on August 3, and there wasn't really an embargo for it (presumably because the plot points have been out for a year). That was the sanest embargo for an RPG this year.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 11:33:32 AM »
I'm so used to Mega Man games being very hard that it surprises me more when they're beatable. My first Mega Man was Dr. Wily's Revenge on the Game Boy which was insanely hard.

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 12:05:58 PM »
i thought the voice samples and music in the demo were awful! Not megaman at all.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 01:10:16 AM »
Memails. Brilliant!

I come to this podcast for the camaraderie, I stay for it's innovation!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 10:54:16 AM »
I don't know what Mr. Game & Watch game I'd make but I know I'd tastelessly advertise it with #blacklivesmatter :P

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 07:51:37 PM »
Yay! You guys read my StarCraft II email. I thought it might have gotten passed over. :P
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 08:09:15 PM »
Good call on the end music Greg.