Author Topic: Mario Maker confirmed!  (Read 17291 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: This may be the best E3 rumor ever...
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 09:39:52 PM »
Then beating up that voodoo doll was not healthy.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 09:40:13 PM »
Actually I am in a good mood, but I disagree with your comment that is the point of a discussion. We can disagree and still get along arguing is not evil you know.

You don't appear to be interested in discussion asking me why I care about your post, and why you care about anyone else's.

"If that is how I feel about it what does it matter to you? If that is how he feels about it what do I care?"

One open to discussion wouldn't be so closed-minded. :/

And if this is a good mood to you, tell me when you're in a bad mood so I'm nowhere near you, or I'll give you the same attitude right back at you, and I won't hold back either. :)

Fair enough, now read the EDITED version of the post you quoted and see my thoughts that I added to the discussion and we can both move away from the inevtiable mud slingin you know is coming  ;) if we stay the course.

My opinion is that this is a low for Nintendo I even gave my reasons, once again I share my reasoning and someone , Phil in particular seems to have a habit of this, side steps the discussion. So if you disagree with me please tell me how and why actually you said you agreed with me until that last part, so refute my claim perhaps? I think it is a low point for them most in the industry and fandom tend to agree with me, I am not saying it is trash or attacking those who like it but it is hard to not admit Wii U is at a low point right now.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
Your initial post talked about the Wii U sinking so low that a Mario Maker gets Wii U owners excited, as if they have nothing to be excited for. It was disingenuous was my point. I mean, we're just coming off Mario Kart 8's release, and there's been various indie announcements, Pushmo World, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros., the upcoming X game, etc.

Cut the condescension, please. It does not help your argument or make me want to be nice to you. However, I apologize for my tone to you earlier.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 09:48:11 PM »
Then beating up that voodoo doll was not healthy.

lol

Actually I am in a good mood, but I disagree with your comment that is the point of a discussion. We can disagree and still get along arguing is not evil you know.

You don't appear to be interested in discussion asking me why I care about your post, and why you care about anyone else's.

"If that is how I feel about it what does it matter to you? If that is how he feels about it what do I care?"

One open to discussion wouldn't be so closed-minded. :/

And if this is a good mood to you, tell me when you're in a bad mood so I'm nowhere near you, or I'll give you the same attitude right back at you, and I won't hold back either. :)

Fair enough, now read the EDITED version of the post you quoted and see my thoughts that I added to the discussion and we can both move away from the inevtiable mud slingin you know is coming  ;) if we stay the course.

My opinion is that this is a low for Nintendo I even gave my reasons, once again I share my reasoning and someone , Phil in particular seems to have a habit of this, side steps the discussion. So if you disagree with me please tell me how and why actually you said you agreed with me until that last part, so refute my claim perhaps? I think it is a low point for them most in the industry and fandom tend to agree with me, I am not saying it is trash or attacking those who like it but it is hard to not admit Wii U is at a low point right now.

I'd say that right now the Wii U is starting to trend upwards abit. Sure, it still has a lot of obstacles to overcome but considering the state of everything else in the industry, it is starting to look like it could start building some positive momentum especially with the boost Mario Kart 8 is giving it. It should also be pointed out that we don't know which platform the Mario Maker could be on if it exists and it could be on 3DS so using it as proof of Wii U failure is premature.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 09:53:35 PM »
Alright then you defended your point that was all I was asking. I would contend that two years out they should have more than what is it five games to get excited for? That seems like a low point to me, not saying those aren't games to get hyped for but they are months away and we already knew about them ages ago. Smash Bros. was coming before Brawl was made by now it's pretty much a given, same with Mario Kart which hey enjoy it have fun more power to you. But honestly I feel that by now the Wii U should have more to get excited about. You can kind of forgive the new guys for being in their first year, where Wii U was a year ago, but this thing has been on the market for nearly two full years now, some of these games have been known about before the console was announced, so yes I think that constitutes a low point. Obviously you disagree so there is that,

Tendoboy I am sorry i dragged your thread through the mud and rained on your parade if you think the game is worth getting hyped about go for it but don't let me bring you down,.

Khush, saw your post as I was clicking mine, so here is a quick edit, yes you are aright it could be for 3DS which would continue my feelings of Wii U being a low point, in that case one less game for Wii U fans to get excited for, as is the trend is it not?

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
The image looks like it originated on 4chan. So let's not get worked up for something that is clearly fake.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 10:03:26 PM »
This tweet is from the deputy news director of Polygon.

https://twitter.com/MikeMcWhertor/status/474703186335240192

*shrugs*

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2014, 10:14:55 PM »
damn I was almost sold on buying a Wii U too. Now I will have to settle for an Xbox One.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2014, 12:07:38 AM »
F-Zero U with an incredibly extensive track/texture/vehicle editor: Yes please
Yet another SMB ROM hacker being sold for $20-40: No

This. This this this this this and this.

I've toyed around with the F-Zero X editor a bit (though I won't say how I came by it ;) ), and using the on-screen buttons to do real complex tracks was a pain. Just imagine how much easier it could be with a touch screen

.... too bad imagining it is likely as far as we'll ever get to it, though. Gotta milk that Mario some more

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2014, 02:01:09 AM »
damn I was almost sold on buying a Wii U too. Now I will have to settle for an Xbox One.

Dude stop trolling. There are plenty of reasons to get a Wii U. You can own more than one console, you know. Most people get Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, and have another console for third-party titles.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2014, 09:16:48 AM »
I could see Nintendo expanding this sort of thing with Franchise packs that would allow designers access to other franchises.  In particular anything in the NES Remixes.

I know there are people who would really like this.  I'm not a make my own fun type of person so doesn't really appeal to me but I know people who it would.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 01:42:41 PM »
User created content is the new farm system. This plays right into Nintendo's plan of attack. If you couple this with the rumored Nintendo On Demand streaming service and you have the makings of something different and unique.

The best levels get added to the front page of the eshop with a minamal fee and watch...

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2014, 06:42:46 PM »
I am not entirely against user created content just not that enthusiastic to edit levels of a 30 year old game. Maybe if this let you edit like more than just Mario games but isn't it called Mario Maker? More info is needed to make a better judgement I suppose.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 06:57:30 PM »
What Nintendo On Demand system?

And for those claiming this level editor takes away the hard work of programmers and artists... I take it you've never played LittleBigPlanet or the Mario vs DK series. Those games were designed for user created content.

And I was saying I didn't care what level packs are used. I'd prefer something more recent than the original Super Mario Bros., but maybe tools based on SMB3, SMW, and NSMB are planned as DLC.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:01:05 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »
People on NeoGAF have doubted the picture's authenticity since it's in the same section as the Smash Bros. demo station. However, a staff member from Polygon tweeted that he allegedly saw the poster himself (he's supposedly at the LA Convention Center).

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »
What Nintendo On Demand system?

And for those claiming this level editor takes away the hard work of programmers and artists... I take it you've never played LittleBigPlanet or the Mario vs DK series. Those games were designed for user created content.

And I was saying I didn't care what level packs are used. I'd prefer something more recent than the original Super Mario Bros., but maybe tools based on SMB3, SMW, and NSMB are planned as DLC.

I didn't say it takes away from their hard work I said that user created content is not up to same high standards they already have, Littlebigplanet is NOT a Nintendo game by the way.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2014, 11:11:08 PM »

"What Nintendo On Demand system"

There were rumblings a few months back that Nintendo was thinking of doing a On Demand Virtual Console. Pay a monthly subscription and have access to the entire catalog of Nintendo games, or a large portion of it. Basically Netflix for Nintendo games. With one of the hurdles being GameCube support and another being how much of the catalog to make available while not cutting into their VC profits.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2014, 11:17:01 PM »

Dude stop trolling. There are plenty of reasons to get a Wii U. You can own more than one console, you know. Most people get Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, and have another console for third-party titles.
I think he was joking.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2014, 11:18:51 AM »
As I have said elsewhere, I would love this to experience other people's creativity. My own attempts at custom levels are always lacking in one way or another. Though that is typically because I prefer more control than most game editors were willing to permit. It is why the Starcraft level editor is still the only one I poured any substantial amount of time into.

Having the gamepad would be a great way to give me some of the control I want. Though it is more the options that will be the deal breaker for me. Can I customize how high a wall is or do I only get "short wall" and "tall wall"?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »
Nintendo really should go with a PS Plus-style system. I think a lot of us were against PS Plus in the beginning, but if you are just now getting into it, and have a PS3, PSP, it's a hell of a deal for all the free games you get. Nintendo could do that (not charge for online multiplayer, because there aren't enough people to make it worthwhile), but charge a monthly or yearly fee and give you free VC, eShop, retail games like SONY does.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
Someone should take another picture from a different angle. That way we'll know if this is real before the conference.

The person was probably standing far from the poster so he wouldn't get caught by anyone passing by. The picture is clearly zoomed and cropped, making it blurry.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 01:34:51 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2014, 02:57:32 PM »
ENHANCE.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2014, 04:49:55 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:35:30 PM by UncleBob »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2014, 05:29:08 PM »
I swear there is a better spoof of the CSI "Enhance" joke. But I can't seem to find it...
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast