Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204915 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 01:03:53 AM »
I've only seen the show a couple times, being as I'm 28 years old and only watch Nickelodeon or NickToons when my daughter is watching it, but it is beautifully animated and generally seems to be a pretty epic cartoon series.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 01:16:40 AM »
They ave the 1st season on Netflix Instant watch, so I think I might check it out, just so I can have some source material for the upcoming movie, and because Stogi praises it so highly.

Netflix: Avatar The Last Air Bender - Instant watch
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:18:13 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »
I enjoy Avatar and like that Nick is trying their own epic sotry line that is obviously anime inspired. I just wish the coloring wasn't so dim(I guess thats the word i'm looking for). Just looks like everything is in a haze.

But as far as story telling goes, it is not on the level of One Piece and not just because OP has a billion episodes and had more time to flesh out.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »
I actually got really bored with One Piece. I watch the first 10 episodes and decided that the story is going nowhere and ditched it.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2009, 03:38:02 PM »
I actually got really bored with One Piece. I watch the first 10 episodes and decided that the story is going nowhere and ditched it.

It's alright. Not many people can handle the greatness of One Piece.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2009, 11:13:29 PM »
They ave the 1st season on Netflix Instant watch, so I think I might check it out, just so I can have some source material for the upcoming movie, and because Stogi praises it so highly.

Netflix: Avatar The Last Air Bender - Instant watch

I like season one alot, but it's not till season 2, where they find an earth bending teacher, does it really pick up. In fact, if I hadn't stumbled onto a particular episode of season 2 while channel surfing, I probably would have never become so interested in it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2009, 11:17:48 PM »
I'll watch it objectively. I know nothing about it, so I will keep an open mind throughout s1, but I would have to commit to disc for s2 since it's not up for Instant Watch.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Alice in Wonderland
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2009, 07:19:04 PM »
Alice in Wonderland
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Tim Burton
Starring: Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Crispin Glover, Stephen Fry, Michael Sheen, and more
Release: March 5, 2010
After falling down a rabbit hole, young Alice (Mia Wasikowska) gets lost in an incredible fantasyland, where she experiences strange ordeals and encounters peculiar characters, including a caterpillar (Alan Rickman), Cheshire cat (Michael Sheen) and Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp). Based on the Original Novels by Lewis Carroll 'Alice In Wonderland' and 'Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There'.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2009, 07:25:46 PM »
As usually I am anxiously waiting to see what unique spin Johnny Depp puts on the Mad Hatter.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2009, 08:09:22 PM »
The Mad Hatter just looks so off putting. Did they have to make the character so ugly?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2009, 08:21:42 PM »
Have you seen the cartoon? Have you read the book?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2009, 08:41:30 PM »
The cartoon is not that offputting, he was just kinda old and eccentric looking.
The book version, which I assume this pic is more of the same.

They are both very different from the Tim Burton version that takes a handsome actor like Johnny Depp and makes him unappealing to the eyes.

This
vs.
vs

I really don't think there is an argument that the look has changed for the worse.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2009, 08:46:22 PM »
I really don't think there is an argument that the look has changed for the worse.

Says you. I think it looks great in a creepy way.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2009, 09:00:13 PM »
I agree with GP on this one. I think they did a really good job with the costume. It looks great.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2009, 10:06:48 PM »
It look creepy, like the stuff nightmares are made of, but maybe that was the look he was going for.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2009, 11:25:19 PM »
It look creepy, like the stuff nightmares are made of, but maybe that was the look he was going for.

thats what he goes for 90% of the time, even the **** in peewee's big adventure are creepy...that trucker!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »
Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Chris Columbus
Starring: Kevin McKidd, Pierce Brosnan, Rosario Dawson, Steve Coogan. Sean Bean, Ray Winston, Uma Thurman,Catherine Keener and Joe Pantoliano
Release: February 12, 2010
After he discovers that he's the son of the Greek god Poseidon (Kevin McKidd), 12-year-old Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman) strikes out on an action-packed adventure to rescue his mortal mother and negotiate a peace treaty between his father, Zeus (Sean Bean) and Hades (Steve Coogan).

Based on the Critically Acclaimed book series by Rick Riordan

I hate the title but I like the subject matter. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one, and if I find the 1st book in the series for cheap, I might pick that up and give a read too.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »
It should be called The Olympians or even better The Lightning Thief (and I'm sure it will).

Just watched the trailer. Looked pretty good; having Rosario Dawson in it is a big plus.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:24:22 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »
The Olympians: Lightning Thief

That sounds good. They should just drop the Percy Jackson part
or add it as a sub title

The Olympians: Lightning Thief
~A Percy Jackson Tale~

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
[REC]2
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2009, 08:25:56 PM »
[REC]2
Studio: Filmax
Director: Jaume BalaguerĂł & Paco Plaza
Starring: Manuela Velasco, Ferran Terraza, Javier Botet, David Vert, Ana Isabel Velásquez   
Release: October 2, 2009 (Spain) - US(remake?) release date unknown
Videos: Teaser Trailer - Clip #1 - Clip #2 - Clip #3
Pictures: Pic #1 - Pic #2 - Pic #3
The action continues from [Rec], with the medical officer and a SWAT team outfitted with video cameras are sent into the sealed off apartment to control the situation.

By using the flipped perspective of the camera-equipped troops, BalaguerĂł and Plaza have designed a shocker meticulously calculated to set your nerves on edge. [REC] 2 is Aliens to Alien, a sequel that ramps up the action but does not defile the spirit of its predecessor. BalaguerĂł and Plaza have proved themselves exciting additions to the gory canon of Euro-horror masters, and they can't wait to drag the Midnight Madness audience into the darkness, screaming at the top of their lungs.

I know most people might wait for the eventual remake, since the original remake [Quarantine] was pretty much a shot for shot remake, but I will watch this as soon as it hit DVD on Netflix.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:37:14 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
The Walking Dead
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2009, 02:51:09 AM »
 THE WALKING DEAD
not necessaryly going to be a movie, but something well worth looking out for.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/08/amc-lands-zombie-comic-book-project.html

Looks like Walking Dead is getting a TV show, and its going to be on AMC, AMC is probably my second choice as far as people to make it. Showtime would be prefered, but Breaking Bad is already better than Weeds.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:54:43 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Paranormal Activity
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2009, 02:38:28 PM »
Paranormal Activity
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Oren Peli
Starring: Katie Featherston, Micah Sloat, Michael Bayouth   
Release: Limited Release Sept. 25, 2009 - Demand It Here
After a young, middle class couple moves into what seems like a typical suburban 'starter' tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be somehow demonic but is certainly most active in the middle of the night. Especially when they sleep. Or try to.

I've seen this movie about a 1.5yrs ago (it was made in 2007) @ a film festival in SF and it was kinda creepy. I can't say it scared me since no movie has since the original Nightmare on Elm Street when i was like 7 or 8, but the girl I was watching it with was clutching tight the entire time, and she wasn't the kind to scare really easily (for a girl ;)).

*If you like supernatural horror movies in a "believable" environment and don't want to spoil anything, don't watch the trailer. Just take my word for it and go watch it*
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:57:45 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Zombieland Reviews
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2009, 01:21:43 AM »
Zombieland
Studio: Columbia Pictures
Director: Ruben Fleischer
Starring:  Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin
Release: October 9, 2009
n the film, Columbus (Eisenberg) has made a habit of running from what scares him. Tallahassee (Harrelson) doesn't have fears. If he did, he'd kick their ever-living ass. In a world overrun by zombies, these two are perfectly evolved survivors. But now, they're about to stare down the most terrifying prospect of all: each other.

Reviews:
Rotten Tomatoes - 89%
Reviews Counted:56 | Fresh:50 | Rotten:6 | Average Rating:7.5/10

Consensus: Wickedly funny and featuring plenty of gore, Zombieland is proof that the zombie subgenre is far from dead.

Dread Central - 5/5
Some films would be content to strike the perfect mix of comedy and above average zombie effects, but Zombieland adds another dimension with just the right amount of back story for each character. These scenes remind us of the tragedy of their situation, eliciting everything from a chuckle to an awww to a downright yank on your heart strings. The dramatic elements are never overly milked and strike just the right chords, complementing the scenes they piggyback like a snug-fitting puzzle piece.

It’s a joy to watch a film that seems to get everything right, has an audience howling with laughter to the point where you have to struggle to hear the lines that follow a gag, and STILL provides some extra gory eye candy for the horror fan who said, “You had me at Zombie.” The running undead look fantastic and are dispatched in a never-ending, ever-evolving innovative shopping list of carnage. You’ll applaud every crunch. Zombieland is a killer comedy with a vicious sense of humor. It’s the kind of movie where, halfway through, you’ll wish you already owned the DVD. Grab six horror-starved friends and meet me at the movies for opening night. It’s time we made a deserving film #1!

Chud.com - 8.5/10
If you were to take Zombieland at name value - ie as a zombie movie - it's one of the weirdest I've ever seen. For one thing, it's completely hopeful. Zombie films are, by their nature, almost always bleak. There may be a glimmer of hope at the end, but usually it feels like a band-aid on a gaping chest wound. Every good zombie movie has a sociopolitical layer, and Zombieland is no different, but this sociopolitical layer is about Obama, and about the end of the recession. This is a movie about making it through the bad times and seeing the other side. That's kind of cool, but I have to admit that it left me a touch disoriented at the finale, because I'm just not used to walking out of zombie films feeling... good.

The chemistry between Eisenberg and Harrelson is so good it's almost obscene. This is a tough relationship to pull off - Tallahassee immediately senses that Columbus is a bitch - but they navigate the waters well, without ever becoming too touchy feelie or even chummy. It's a real relationship that maybe wouldn't happen in the normal world, but in the chaos of Zombieland these two opposites together make perfect sense. Breslin and Stone are good, and Stone particularly has a great sort-of bad girl thing down, but they don't come close to matching the wattage of their male co-stars.

Just want to add that the original release for this movie was listed as Oct. 9th, but it's out in theaters everywhere this weekend. Not to spoil anything, but I hear that this movie is one helluva ride and just when you think it couldn't get any better there is a surprise cameo appearance that just makes things even better.

I hate going to the theater, but I think that's what I'm gonna do tonite.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 01:33:20 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2009, 08:14:34 PM »
Clash of the Titans
Studio: Warner Bros Pictures
Director: Louis Leterrier
Starring: Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Sam Worthington, Mads Mikkelsen, Gemma Arterton, Alexa Davalos, Jason Flemyng
Release: March 26, 2010
In Clash of the Titans, the ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Neeson) and unleash hell on earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny.

This sweeping fantasy epic, a remake of the 1981 hit, was penned by screenwriting legend Lawrence Kasdan (Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark) and has visual effect from people involved in The Dark Knight, Terminator Salvation, Incredible Hulk, Gladiator & Saving Private Ryan.

This one I'm excited for because I loved the original from way back in the day. Greek Mythology was one of my favorite things growing up & this movie deserves a quality remake.

Pics: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=25974

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »
The only problem with the Mad Hatter - he looks like Elijah Wood...like, identical.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA