Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1213422 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: (Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #4050 on: May 25, 2018, 07:19:03 PM »
I don't mean Incredibles 2, I just mean in general. It's annoying. Wait till the movie comes out, then tell us how much it has made.

Edit: I don't mean you, BnM, either - I just mean movie websites and crap like that. It's getting to be like elections now.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:14:00 PM by BranDonk Kong »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: May 26, 2018, 12:17:02 AM »
I know what you meant, but there's money in the tracking/polling. Just like elections.

Solo was a miss though. Way over estimated for the weekend. Seems like the interest just isn't there for a Han Solo prequel in May.... right after DP2 and IW
From $170M for the 4 day down to something like $110M for the 4 day
It also totally BOMBED in China, but that wasn't totally unexpected.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:35:31 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: May 26, 2018, 07:26:13 AM »
I think a big problem is that The Last Jedi was such a massive letdown to fans, and it just came out 5 months ago, so a lot of people just said "screw this" and stayed home.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: May 26, 2018, 01:17:46 PM »
Let down is something of an understatement as TLJ and NuSW treats everyone as idiots. One of the super big problems related to that is "I clapped". They throw in all these blatant references expecting everyone to bark like Pavlovian dogs. Solo double, triple down on this.

Ignoring the nostalgia/IP factor they are fundamentally bad films. Lots and lots of why would you do that, what has that got to do with anything, the sledgehammer hamfisting of everything especially messaging. The constant theme and visual over logical storytelling. There are errors in isolation you can explain away but they are still bad ideas, bring in the rest of the movie and you just murdered everything.

TL:DR, NuStar Wars/Trek are just bad shows. Insert random reason as to why and it is likely valid.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: May 26, 2018, 02:35:17 PM »
I think a big problem is that The Last Jedi was such a massive letdown to fans, and it just came out 5 months ago, so a lot of people just said "screw this" and stayed home.

My 6pm Thursday-Night 'Fan Event' had, maybe, 15 people there (being generous).

That seemed like a terrible sign to me.  By contrast, the 6pm Thursday Avengers Fan Event was sold out, the 7pm shows were packed, and leaving after our showing was over, the theater was packed, presumably with folks waiting for the 9 o'clock hour showings.  Leaving the theater after Solo... it was more dead than Justice League opening night.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: May 26, 2018, 05:59:59 PM »
I went to the IMAX 3D showing on Friday night at 7:00, it was almost sold out, just the bottom couple of rows were not filled. Got an ovation frow the audience at the end.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: May 26, 2018, 08:13:14 PM »

Can confirm. This is my stance right now. I'll catch it in the discount theater or when it hits Netflix.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: May 26, 2018, 11:21:17 PM »
The blow from Last Jedi certainly didn't help, but the main reason I'm not bothering with it at the movies is that I just don't care enough about the character.  Never have.  I've never asked any questions about Han's youth, I've never cared about it.  He was just a supplemental character on a movie series, not remotely important enough to carry his own movie. 

The newly announced Boba Fett movie is in the same basket for me.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: May 27, 2018, 11:51:39 AM »
Yeah, through Boba Fett movie seems like a horrible idea. He's wildly popular with Star Wars hipsters and people who think it's cool to like him, but I think his whole appeal is that he's a mysterious bounty hunter. I actually like how he and his father were portrayed in Attack of the Clones. It's going to be written and directed by James Mangold (Logan director), so it will probably be a good movie...just one that shouldn't get made.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: May 27, 2018, 07:20:26 PM »
The Fett film could be cool, but it needs the right execution. Logan is a fair model to try and follow, though hopefully less emotionally driven.

The Yoda one is the worse idea so far I think. Just don't see a lot of use out of it.

Obi-wan could be the best potential if they pick the correct time, but the best subject was already covered in the Clone Wars and Rebels shows. Darth Maul could have been one of the aggressors and the conclusion could be their showdown on Tatooine.

There could also be a plot with Darth Krayt from the EU. He was raised by Tusken before becoming a Jedi and left the order before Order 66. Old Obi-wan had a run-in with him when he led a Tusken revolt of sorts that threatened baby Luke and Obi-wan beat him but spared his life, allowing him to later become a Dark Lord (though that is resoundingly retconned unless they want to make it a Snoke Origin story -which would never happen).
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: May 29, 2018, 10:53:33 PM »
So.... Roseanne came back to ABC, 3 episodes in gets RENEWED for a 2nd season.

4 episodes later, Roseanne doubles down on racist tweet.
ABC Cancels Roseanne. LMAO!!

All her cast members have to be SOOO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!
they were gonna be eating for the next 2 years. Now they all back to whatever it was they were doing before this show got pulled from the Lazarus pit.

I didn't watch it... but I used to love the old show.
Can't say I'm sad to see it go again though. LOL

edit2: Damn, sounds like ABC went a step further and pulled all the reruns from syndication too. LOL
cut that whole revenue stream. Probably gonna shove this show so far back in the back of the Disney vault that it will become a relic sought after in the next Indiana Jones.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:02:49 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: May 29, 2018, 11:44:05 PM »
Disney can't push this Fox deal any sooner!?
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/x-men-dark-phoenix-spoilers-leak-online/

Apparently *SPOILER ALERT* it's not good.....

Simon Kinberg, who I suppose wrote X3: The Last Stand, wrote and (1st time) directed Dark Phoenix.
He even rehashed moments from X3, and failed the Dark Phoenix again...

Luckily this is being reshot into next year... maybe they bring in Whedon to "save" it. LOL

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4062 on: May 31, 2018, 11:48:17 AM »
I feel bad for the cast and crew of Rosanne.  Strangely, she even showed some remorse for them and vowed to leave twitter, but then decidedly did not leave twitter.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: May 31, 2018, 03:15:15 PM »
I am surprised Rosanne came back at all hearing how much it got run into the ground the first time. Given the premise, subject matter and Rosanne's statement before any of this I am surprised it ever got made and broadcast. There is a reason why you don't make stories based on "That" subject matter as there is nothing good has ever come out of it. As sympathetic as you can make the characters themselves to be their underlying message or being is repulsive to the core.

They had basically made a show about villains doing and advocating bad things resulting in self-defeating goals for terrible reasons. This is of course an outsider perspective looking in.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: May 31, 2018, 06:06:50 PM »
I am surprised Rosanne came back at all hearing how much it got run into the ground the first time. Given the premise, subject matter and Rosanne's statement before any of this I am surprised it ever got made and broadcast. There is a reason why you don't make stories based on "That" subject matter as there is nothing good has ever come out of it. As sympathetic as you can make the characters themselves to be their underlying message or being is repulsive to the core.

They had basically made a show about villains doing and advocating bad things resulting in self-defeating goals for terrible reasons. This is of course an outsider perspective looking in.
I just never thought it was funny. No politics required.

A show I'm both happy and really dreading to see return is Murphy Brown. That show's early seasons were spectacular, but it also ran spectacularly into the ground in its later seasons. That revival needs to be funny BEYOND the easy political shots for it to be relevant.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 06:11:10 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: June 01, 2018, 06:46:26 PM »
I am sad Roseanne got canceled. I loved the original show and was enjoying the revival. I didn't care for the politics but it was in line with people I know who, like Roseanne, were Democrats int he 90's and still voted for Trump.

I do think she is off her rocker and needs to get off Twitter though.
Shameless (U.S.) I stopped watching midway through season 6. I won't get into the politics but I despise a character on the show I used to like. Not because of what she did but how she treated her little sister about making a totally different choice.

That was the last straw for me, not going back. It's been a downhill spiral since, five minutes into the pilot but I had to walk away. Been 2 weeks since I watched an episode no interest in going back.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: June 05, 2018, 10:41:39 AM »
Wreck it Ralph 2 just looks awful in the 2 trailers Disney's released. What was a tribute to video gaming appears now to just be a blatant cross-marketing 1.5 hour commercial on par with the Emoji Movie. Bleh.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: June 05, 2018, 12:08:59 PM »
Rick and Morty Forever 100 Years

It has been renewed for a crazy 70 episode block.

http://www.slashfilm.com/rick-and-morty-renewed-season-4/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: June 05, 2018, 01:15:54 PM »
Rick and Morty Forever 100 Years

It has been renewed for a crazy 70 episode block.

http://www.slashfilm.com/rick-and-morty-renewed-season-4/

All in 1 season!? like TTGo? LOL
or we just looking at perpetuity of seasons for Rick and Morty till it's time to re-up?
Could be 7, could be a 3....

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: June 05, 2018, 01:37:41 PM »
It might not have "seasons". Seasons are a convenient way schedule content and give crew a break, regroup should things go sideways, renegotiate terms to change of conditions.

Seasons have become increasingly meaningless with networks having arbitrary mid season breaks and changing the release schedule between weeks on a whim. Seasons use to mean something where a new season meant every week you got a new episode until it ran it's course no matter if it was made week to week or almost completed before airing. All the arbitrary breaks just kill the momentum of a show and I can forget what happens previously or that it has returned because the (mid season)breaks are long enough to be traditional breaks.

I think it's likely they will go with a Youtube like format where they release episodes year round on a regular, more spaced out schedule. The core crew would certainly appreciate their job moving from gigs, scrambling constantly with all the stress to find more work to a stable 9-5 job.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: June 05, 2018, 06:35:31 PM »
In the case of cartoons seasons is not always the best approach. Especially in shows with good animation. Batman: The Animated Series sort of had seasons, but you buy them in volumes now. I think the approach they are taking makes the most sense. I'd be fine if when a new episode comes out it comes out. That also used to be the approach of Strongbad and Homestarrunner. Except here there isn't just 2 guys and a girl making it.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: June 05, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »
How about some new movies to keep an eye out for!?

Bumblebee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=750A-TiaLsg

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHSlHhh1gk

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck it Ralph 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BcYBFC6zfY

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: June 05, 2018, 11:09:20 PM »
They all look bad :(

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: June 05, 2018, 11:13:01 PM »
I thought Bumble Bee actually looked interesting. First time I had seen any of it.
Less than 0 Hype for Lego Movie 2. Lego Ninjago and Lego Batman already killed that hype.
WIR2.... looks like it might have some funny moments. Which is good, as this is probably the one of these 3 that I'll take my daughter to go see in the theater.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: June 05, 2018, 11:46:02 PM »
Really? A gender politics joke in the Lego Movie 2 trailer as well? It was bad enough that the Wreck it Ralph 2 trailer did it, too.

Yeah...I already said my piece on how WiR2 looks like a colossal piece of cross-promotional Emoji Movie-tier garbage. I actually had hopes for Lego Movie 2. Guess I can cross that off my rapidly shrinking list of anticipated sequels to movies I adored. Between these 2 and Pacific Rim 2, it's like 2018 is specifically trying to piss me off.