Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. question  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Roy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros. question
« on: June 09, 2004, 05:53:24 PM »
How do I get Mr.Gamenwatch

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. question
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 05:58:59 PM »
Go here.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. question
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 08:57:36 PM »
Either play 1000 VS. matches, OR clear classic mode, adventure mode, or break the targets with every other character(24 in all)...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline charkra Master

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 07:53:54 AM »
Any other questions on Super Smash bros.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 06:55:52 AM »
I could use some advice. I've tried numerous times to beat Event Match 51: The Showdown, with no falls, but I just can't do it. If anyone has any tips or tactics, it would be great if you could share them with me.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 07:17:30 AM »
Depends on who you want to use...The easiest way is to just Down+B to victory with Jigglypuff, since Giga Bowser is such a large target...If you want to go at it with the others, then I just recommend you try to separate your enemies(your enemies aren't all the same speed, so one will reach you faster than the others) and take them on one at a time...51 is a test of your strategy, so be sure to play defense, too...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 07:56:55 AM »
Unfortunetly, I am the worst with Jigglypuff! I can't stand that thing!!! But I guess I could try it anyway, although JP is so light and it'd be hard not to lose on purpose. Also, after you use Rest (Down + B), you can't move for a few seconds. Is there a way to prevent that?

I'm best with Luigi, and pretty good with Mr. Game & Watch, but he's too light for this job. I could adjust to another character, if you can recommend someone other than JP.

I've tried that single out thing, but Giga Bowser is so huge, it's hard to keep him away while I pummel the other two. I almost beat it once using this method. GB was gone and Ganon and Mewtwo only had one life. I had about 200% damage, and Ganon used that lousy Up+B move on me. Close as I ever came.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 08:32:44 AM »
Use Jigz and do the charged roll attack in the beginning to fend them off as they walk at you, then move to the ping (down-b) when just Giga Bowser is left.  That's how I did it.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 03:59:29 AM »
Actually I found the easiest way to beat that was with Peach, just stay on the far edges of the level and when they come up double jump and use your parasol to float over them to the other side of the stage, and I think you'd just pick up any items you see and use them while they're coming after you, or something. I forget what I did exactly, but it involved Peach, and it was easy.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 03:23:22 PM »
Another question.  Does anyone have any suggestions for fighting team Captian Falcon on classic on very hard.  (team as in 10 captian falcons, not 2v2).  It is practically impossible to defeat them without a fluke.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 05:42:16 PM »
Yeah, use Jigglypuff.

On an unrelated note, the more you beat Event Match 51 without losing any lives, and the more characters you use to accomplish that, the game's AI will wise-up and respond by increasing the computer intelligence.  So, the AI characters become tougher and noticeably more coordinated.  Lvl6 ramps up to the initial lvl9 intelligence.  My game's gotten to the point where you can see Giga Bowser, Mewtwo, and THE GANNON have an obvious and very practical formation strategy, and they'll aim at sending your % past 100% in a single combo via simultaneous attacks.  I haven't been able to beat it w/out losing a life for quite some time.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 07:11:27 PM »
I beat that event with link, gannondorf, and roy. I don't remember exactly what I did with each, but it usually came down to attack dodge defend dodge run attack and so forth. With roy it was more about timing since he has that attach that reflects any attack.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 08:02:50 PM »
Try beating it w/ every character w/out dying.  It's an excellent practice tool on character-specific combos, evasion, and all around ass-kicking upon multiple enemies.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 06:21:12 AM »
I'd just like to say thank you to Bill. Without you, I never could've beat EM51 with no falls. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:58:00 PM by Mop_it_up »