Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Quantum-Ant-Man-ia)  (Read 236909 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (A Good Night for a Moon Knight)
« Reply #575 on: May 11, 2022, 12:10:37 PM »
I just finished the season. I think the sacrifice balanced the scales because it essentially made it so that only "one" heart was balanced, with Steven being frozen.

I thought the third tomb that they quickly ignored was fascinating. The scene kept moving, but it still stuck out. It was unclear if Marc even noticed, but it's possible he was just more concerned with Steven or even that he knew it was there and was hell-bent on not opening it. It's clear there's a third person in there from a few episodes back when neither of them remembered killing those guys in Egypt.

Having seen the finale, it does come up, but in more of a bonus scene to tease the next season.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 15, 2022, 05:26:57 PM »
Finally caught up on these two. Still have to catch up on What If and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Eternals

It's okay. Probably the weakest Phase 4 anything. At least Black Widow gave us Red Guardian and especially Yelena. Some thoughts:
  • The same studio with a clear template for superhero crossovers/team ups really tried to introduce a ten-member team in one movie.
  • Eternals felt too long and not long enough. This should have been like an eight episode Disney+ show. A few of those flashbacks could have been entire episodes and would have been more interesting than the movie we got. Without the benefit of more character development, plot points like Sprite's ridiculous heel-turn and Gilgamesh's death didn't hit as hard as they should have.
  • I get Marvel is setting up Black Knight. There was no time for Jon Snow in this movie.
  • Mahd Wr'ry feels like it should be a bigger problem.
  • The purpose of Arishem wiping the Eternals' memory was unclear.
  • The Celestials' plan explained badly.
  • If Arishem "built and programmed the Eternals" at the World Forge, there isn't a particularly good explanation for why each has different powers. At least have them all fly. In the comics, I believe the Eternals have the same powers.
  • Kingo, before the final fight: I have to go now. *slide whistle*
  • Thena: But I've always wanted to.

*chef's kiss*
  • Go away, Heel Superman trope.
  • All 20 seconds of Makkari vs. Ikaris slapped.
  • LOL at Kro in general.
  • LOL at Ikaris' death. Earth is 93 million miles from the Sun. Think about how long being that extra would take. Comparatively, sunlight takes over eight minutes to reach Earth.
  • Now there's a giant face and hand sticking out of the Indian Ocean. Living on Earth-616 looks like a bad time.

Moon Knight

It's okay. Some thoughts:
  • There was surprisingly minimal actual Moon Knight in this.
  • Steven in general is *chef's kiss*
  • In Episode 2, "Mantarok, Tier, Aretek, Pargon, Pargon, Pargon, Pargon"
  • In Episode 3, I was so sure Harrow looking at Khonshu imprisoned in the ushabti was foreshadowing then Harrow just gets shot at the end.
  • In Episode 4, Layla insisting on having that argument in Alexander the Great's tomb while they're fleeing bad guys is some of the dumbest **** I've seen in the MCU. Can it wait? The fate of the world is at stake.
  • In Episode 5, I'm glad they acknowledged Marc's dad, Elias, was partially responsible for the abuse.
  • In Episode 6, "Are you an Egyptian superhero?" Ugggggghhhhh... Nothing wrong with representation, but Marvel has to trust their audience more. Sometimes it feels like they only do it for the Woke Credit.
  • LOL at Harrow's goon shooting directly at Layla's shield-wing at point blank range and not her exposed legs that are like right there and the other goon, also at point blank range, not shooting at all.
  • Jake Lockley complicates the whole scales thing, but I'm willing to give Marvel the chance to explain that in future Moon Knight appearances.
  • I was waiting for the gold statue guy Steven talks at to get fed up and just stomp away.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #577 on: May 15, 2022, 10:36:39 PM »
Moon Knight

5. In Episode 4, Layla insisting on having that argument in Alexander the Great's tomb while they're fleeing bad guys is some of the dumbest **** I've seen in the MCU. Can it wait? The fate of the world is at stake.

This is basically an extension of Tony going apeshit on Cap and Bucky. Once you find out someone close to you maybe secretly killed your parents, nothing else matters.

9. Jake Lockley complicates the whole scales thing, but I'm willing to give Marvel the chance to explain that in future Moon Knight appearances.

I think the explanation is that there were two hearts on the scale that needed to be balanced. And because the two personalities were at odds with each other, they couldn't balance. I imagine if either of them tried to balance their own heart by itself, it would've worked better; but if there was a third heart on the scale, it wouldn't have worked at all.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 15, 2022, 10:51:06 PM »
This is basically an extension of Tony going apeshit on Cap and Bucky. Once you find out someone close to you maybe secretly killed your parents, nothing else matters.
Ehh, I didn't buy it in Captain America: Civil War either. The stakes are significantly higher in Moon Knight.

I think the explanation is that there were two hearts on the scale that needed to be balanced. And because the two personalities were at odds with each other, they couldn't balance. I imagine if either of them tried to balance their own heart by itself, it would've worked better; but if there was a third heart on the scale, it wouldn't have worked at all.
Alright, that makes sense.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #579 on: May 15, 2022, 11:07:42 PM »
Avenging your parents' murder is a core theme of the MCU. It's not their best theme.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 16, 2022, 12:20:59 PM »
Living on Earth-616 looks like a bad time.

HAVE you SEEN our Earth lately? 🤣
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 16, 2022, 12:48:51 PM »
HAVE you SEEN our Earth lately? 🤣
That’s fair. They’re not mutually exclusive though. Here’s how I choose to view our Earth lately:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Strange's Multiple Cameo Madness)
« Reply #582 on: July 08, 2022, 11:41:49 AM »
Thor: Love and Thunder was AWESOME

I think the humor was similar to the last one, but more on point. I know this is the spoiler thread, but I'm not gonna go into too much detail yet. I think I may like this one more than the previous... and I really look forward to the next Thor movie, especially if Taika is gonna complete his Thor Trilogy.

The movie is just a whole lot of fun, even with the heartfelt moments, the movie really never stopped moving once it got going.

The Goats!!! OMG, the fucking goats!!! I love them. had me rolling.
and the Stormbreaker/Mjolnir saga. Absolute comedy. So many things going on in this. It was great.

So many little things to talk about on this, but I'll give everyone more time to watch the movie.
I think I'm gonna go watch it again.... the Taika Thor movies are firmly in the top Tier of my MCU list for sure.

p.s. Jane Thor was a Badass BTW
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 12:06:09 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Strange's Multiple Cameo Madness)
« Reply #583 on: July 09, 2022, 11:21:06 PM »
Is anyone watching Ms Marvel?

and am I the only one that just really doesn't understand what is happening in this show?
It started off well enough... but the last 2 episodes diving into the past(?) and the lore behind the Clandestines and the Bangle just don't seem to make much sense to me.

I even watched the New Rockstars breakdown of the latest episode, and they try to make sense of what's going on... and even they say they don't really know, and just trying their best to explain it as well.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Thor Love and Thunder / Ms Marvel)
« Reply #584 on: July 12, 2022, 01:02:33 PM »
Not seen either. Wife isn't terribly interested in Ms Marvel. The the trailer put her off to it. I might break and watch it myself out of curiosity but I've heard it's a mixed bag like previous MCU D+ content, some good and some meh.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 12, 2022, 02:08:53 PM »
well, final episode comes out tonight at midnight, so may be a good time to binge watch, and then watch a breakdown to explain all the things you didn't catch or understand.

First 2 episodes were cool, then the last few kinda lost me.
Actress that plays Kamala is perfectly fine, but the show itself, and what is happening in it, have just lost me, once they tried to explain the origin of the power.

I'm really hoping the final episode brings it all together and ends on a good note, and then we can just catch up with her again in The Marvels, whenever that comes out.

and if they do a Season 2.... just stick a little more closely to the day to day teenage life of Kamala (Highschool, Conventions/hobbies, home life) and her neighborhood heroisms.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 14, 2022, 12:30:35 PM »
Ms Marvel ended on a high note. which is good, because I was worried it wasn't gonna stick the landing after that rocky middle.

Episodes 1,2, and 6 were all decently good, and pretty fun.

Kamala is officially a MUTANT and her bangle is apparently a Nega Band, which is "confirmed" by the fact that she swapped places with Captain Marvel, who appeared suddenly in her bedroom.

Show would've been so much better had they just ditched most of clandestine and Noor dimension stuff, and just focused on Kamala being a teen in highschool, with popularity and boy problems, dealing with her powers, in her NJ/Muslim community, and then having to cope with the M word. They could've woven all the India history and other stuff into the story still, but the episodes focusing on it were dull and confusing.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #587 on: July 17, 2022, 11:55:57 PM »
I watched Thor recently. This one finally got me back in theatres. It was good! Could be my favorite of the Thor movies. I'll keep spoilers light since I'm not sure if anyone other than BnM has seen it.

Overall, it's pretty consistently funny. I really liked the characterization of Thor they're running with. Also, Jane's new abilities with Molijnir were really cool. I'm glad they didn't just go with having the hammer be fixed, and the explanation for how she can wield it was really good.

The ending wasn't what I expected. I thought Jane's Mighty Thor would be the Thor going forward. (I haven't caught up with their actor contract news, I just assumed we were moving on from the original cast.)

I really liked the setup for the next Thor. When the trailers showed that other gods existed, I was hoping they'd introduce a character that they eventually got around to showing in the mid-credits scene.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 18, 2022, 09:51:39 AM »
Natalie Portman said she was down to come back again and play Jane/Mighty Thor, but I guess she would have to be cameoing from Valhalla.

And Janes use of Mjolnir I thought was one of the best parts. Where Thor might circle the hammer around the room to hit enemies along the way, Mighty Thor was using all the pieces to take out multiple enemies all at once. And then when she also used it to snare all the Necro Sword pieces and then basically nullified them with a dose of Lightning while being held between the pieces of a reformed Mjolnir was a another good Mighty Thor moment.

Also I heard there was more scenes with the Gods, a bunch of extra footage of Gorr killing Gods, and more Mighty Thor scenes as well, but Marvel just mandated that the movie be no more than 2hrs long. Maybe they'll release an extended cut on home release, as long as none of the extras break canon.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #589 on: July 20, 2022, 04:03:45 PM »
The shotgun blasts with sort of a yo-yo-ing effect were so cool to see on screen. It helped make Jane's Thore feel like her own iteration of the character and not just a copypasta. And having that tie into the ending was a good moment.

I wonder if they can bring her back from Valhalla or possibly pull in a variant from the multiverse. There's precedent for resurrection in the comics, and we know their souls are somewhere.

I'd be down to see an extended cut of the movie. I felt the film had an "about right" runtime. There was quite a bit of plot, and I didn't feel like anything took too much time. I would've liked to spend more time in the god city, though. As an aside, I really had to pee by the end of it, so any more scenes might've hurt the experience.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 02, 2022, 02:54:50 AM »
How is She-Hulk you ask....

If I told you it was the most fun you will have in a Marvel D+ show would you believe me?
If I told you it was genuinely funny and entertaining.... would you watch it?

What if I told you a celeb guest star led to the creation of this gif....

these are two completely unrelated scenes, from 2 different episodes.... but it's funny, and captures the tone of the show in a way... so whatever.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #591 on: September 04, 2022, 06:25:09 PM »
I've seen so many people post images from that episode. I really need to catch up on MCU TV.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 09, 2022, 10:22:53 AM »
Not that anyone is out there.... but could the no one out there update the title to include She-Hulk!?

I know we only 4 eps in, but this the type of show that since Marvel is following the weekly 30 min sitcom angle, should make that 23 episode season arc. This show is just fun & entertaining, and I would watch a full season of it, as long as it kept on like it's been keeping on so far.

The Wong cameo's, the Hulk cameo, Megan Thee Stallion cameo, we know DD is coming, the random Monsters/Villain/Case of the week structure is just more silly but fun **** is gonna happen, like the pleasantly not as annoying as you'd think Madisynn who buddy'd up with "Wongers" to drop Soprano spoilers (WARNING for those that haven't seen Soprano's yet. LOL)

I'm hoping for a Deadpool cameo at some point were she breaks the 4th wall infront of him, and then he does something like walk up to the screen and tap on it, and say something stupid, like "oh you see them too!?" then they look at each other, back at the screen, and then just back to whatever they were doing in the show.

they better already be working on S2 so they have it ready for next year.

edit: Anyway.... here is a Mid-Season Trailer from D-23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FdQblg-kQU
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 09:37:32 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Thor Love and Thunder / She-Hulk)
« Reply #593 on: September 11, 2022, 05:40:31 PM »
Not that anyone is out there.... but could the no one out there update the title to include She-Hulk!?

Whoopsies! I'll fix it. Totally spaced out. Only seen the first episode or two of She-Hulk so been a bit behind on viewing myself. Got another month for Black Panther and Love & Thunder just dropped on D+ so I'll leave that as the film spoiler for now.

Totally missed the I Am Groot series, should that even get listed as a spoiler? Next series/show is the Guardians Holiday special.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 12, 2022, 03:26:34 AM »
I Am Groot was short, a series of 5 minute shorts. you can literally watch them all in about 30 minutes.

And actually, the next thing to drop I believe is the Werewolf By Night Special on Oct 7.
GotG XMas Special is in Dec.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #595 on: September 20, 2022, 12:43:53 AM »
Ms Marvel ended on a high note. which is good, because I was worried it wasn't gonna stick the landing after that rocky middle.

Episodes 1,2, and 6 were all decently good, and pretty fun.

Kamala is officially a MUTANT and her bangle is apparently a Nega Band, which is "confirmed" by the fact that she swapped places with Captain Marvel, who appeared suddenly in her bedroom.

Show would've been so much better had they just ditched most of clandestine and Noor dimension stuff, and just focused on Kamala being a teen in highschool, with popularity and boy problems, dealing with her powers, in her NJ/Muslim community, and then having to cope with the M word. They could've woven all the India history and other stuff into the story still, but the episodes focusing on it were dull and confusing.

I did a catch-up these past two weekends, and I finished Ms. Marvel. I agree that her background was a little too complicated. She's told her great grand-mother is a Clandestine, so we are left to assume she is too, but it doesn't explain why no one else in her family has powers. I suspect Aisha was never a Clandestine, but got her powers from the bangle. And the mutant gene got passed down to Kamala.

But the show just leaves a few more questions than answers on the origins or her powers. Is Kamala a Clandestine, but the trait is just recessive and not passed down? Is that the same for Kamran? It'd be easier if she's just a mutant and the bangle unlocked the powers somehow.

I would've also preferred a little more slice-of-life. It feels like we got a show about a high school teenager who never goes to school. I might've missed it, but it just seemed like the family up and went to Pakistan on a whim? It just seems like a long, expensive trip to take so suddenly. But the trip was needed so that Kamala could get some kind of explanation on the bangle that her mom was unlikely able to provide.

Overall, it's a good show. I think six episodes weren't nearly enough to cover everything, even with the longer run times. The characters were fun, and my biggest criticism is that there should've been more of it.

I'm also watching She-Hulk. I really like that they're going full legal sitcom with it. She doesn't break the fourth wall as much as I thought based on comments I saw.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 30, 2022, 04:09:42 AM »
I run into a lot of She-hulk haters on youtube. I find the show thoroughly entertaining. But I also like dumb comedy. I think a lot of the people are putting a lot of expectations on She-hulk they don't need to be. I'm also one of those people that like Teen Titans Go. It's irreverent.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 30, 2022, 02:22:28 PM »
I immediately click “Don’t recommend this channel” any time I see that nonsense. They’re the same clownshoes who complained that Marvel made one movie with a black superhero then had the audacity to make one with a woman superhero as if they didn’t get like 20 white male superhero movies in a fucking row. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life.

I may post my usual bulleted list of thoughts later. For now, I mostly enjoy She-Hulk: Attorney at Law. Marvel marketed a superhero sitcom which is exactly what this is. I’m ambivalent to the dating stuff because that’s not really my thing.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #598 on: October 02, 2022, 08:35:57 PM »
I hate that some people are so obsessed with their comic book fantasies that they can't appreciate what's given to them. This show is basically "Single Female Lawyer", a silly sitcom, but with superheroes. It's fun to get this perspective in a universe that's constantly in existential peril.

Also, She-Hulk fucks. It's a part of her character in the comics. I dunno what people were expecting.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 04, 2022, 01:18:24 PM »
The show is fun, doesn't take it self so seriously, and is comic-booky without shame.

They are letting us see there is a lot more going on out there that was never on the Avengers radar, nor really engaged directly by SHIELD.

Mutants exist and apparently have for some time (Nick Fury mentioned that a long while back i believe), so it's only a matter of time before we see some named mutants we are all familiar with.
Wolverine was teased on She-Hulk already "Man with metal claws gets in bar fight" or something like that.

and there are only a few channels I like to tune into for breakdowns, easter-eggs, and opinions for the few minutes where i have the time to watch. Main one being New Rockstars. But who would you all recommend outside of that?