Author Topic: Has anyone here transfered a save file and then couldn't connect to Wi-Fi?  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Hi.

This is a long shot, but maybe someone here knows how to fix this. A while back I had to use homebrew to transfer all of my Wii game data to a new Wii, including the files that cannot normally be copied. Recently, I've run into two games that won't connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, and I'm assuming it has something to do with being a copied save. The two games are ExciteBots and ExciteBike World Rally.

Whenever I try to go online with these games, I instantly get error code 60000 every time. I don't think the issue is anything Nintendo suggests on their help page, as if I create a new profile, the game connects without issue. I've looked around to see if anyone else has had this problem, and I find that people most commonly run into this with copying Animal Crossing City Folk files(I haven't played this game since switching systems, but I'd bet I'd get the same error code if I did). But no one ever offered these people a solution beyond starting a new save, which is missing the point of copying files to begin with.

Does anyone happen to know a fix for this? One thing these games have in common, and that the online games which do work don't have, is that they also use the Wii address book. So I'm wondering if the reason they don't work is because they're tied to my old system's Wii number, and since it's no longer the same number, it creates a conflict and disconnects. My guess is that if there were a way to delete my game's friend code and get a new friend code for the game, it would solve the issue. But I really have no idea, and am just hoping that I don't have to start over!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Question: what other wifi capable games have you transfered over? If you have any, do they work?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone here transfered a save file and then couldn't connect to Wi-Fi?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 02:06:42 PM »
I wish I could help, a similar thing happened to me but with the 3DS. Eventually it just fixed it's self.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
Yeah, other games like Mario Kart Wii, Call of Duty, Monster Hunter Tri, The Conduit, etc. all work. It's just these two that don't. Oh well, it isn't a big deal if I can't find a solution. I just wanted to play online with a friend, which I can still do if I start a new file.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »
I'm a little rusty, but I think the 6000 error code is a soft-ban.  I believe the system does it automatically when there's something amiss with the save file.  I'm guessing those save files are ones that aren't supposed to be copied - I ran into this with Smash Bros. Brawl.

Remember when my Wii died and I lost everything?  I downloaded a save file from the internetz that had stuff unlocked - but it wouldn't let me go online.  Eventually, I had to get one that had a "clean Wifi ID" - basically, everything was unlocked, but the save file had "never went online", so when I connected, it was if I was connecting for the very first time.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 03:24:59 PM »
Thanks for the info, mate. I just tried SSBBrawl and it worked for me, but I think you may be right. I searched to see if there was a hack to change the game's Wi-Fi ID or friend code or something along those lines, but I haven't found anything. I found that there's a different error code from getting banned using cheats, and the solution is to change the system's MAC address. But I don't think that would help in this case, since the issue appears to be something in the save file.