Author Topic: Fortune Street  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Fortune Street
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:50:22 AM »
It's Mario Party 10! No? More like Mario Party Monopoly, it would seem. It seems a bit strange to release this game close to Mario Party 9, but oh well, it looks fun. It's being developed by Square Enix and appears to be a part of their Itadaki Street games for the DS that were Japan-only.

I haven't come across a trailer, just some screens that were uploaded here. I'll update the thread if I find anything.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Fortune Street
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 09:03:49 PM »
Oh hey, I forgot that I made this thread already. I should update it with some more info sometime soon...

In the meantime, it would appear there is some confusion over the release date. Nintendo's website says that it released on the 5th, but many stores, including GameStop, have it listed for the 12th or 13th. Amazon is selling it, but says it will ship out in 2-4 weeks. A few stores are still selling it, but it seems like most places don't have it. I'm not sure what the issue is, I wonder if Nintendo didn't produce very many copies or if there was some unexpected delay in shipping them out. I hope I don't have any issue finding it in a few weeks.

Offline yosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 12:22:17 AM »
I've seen a few videos for it and it looks interesting. I loved Mario Party and I love Monopoly so it should be good. I have it coming through GameFly soon. Also I really hope Mario Party 9 restores the franchise. The previous titles since 5 were lacking.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 09:30:35 AM »
It wouldn't be surprising if this game gets a limited release. It's sort of like Mario Party except with all the mini-games (and most of the player interaction) removed and a system where players buy property and invest virtual money in a property-based stock market while they race around the board trying to accumulate the most wealth. Not a bad premise if you enjoy virtualized board games, and close enough to monopoly that it will appeal to some... but probably not a big seller for kids who want something to play at parties.

The full Mario Party game that is coming out will probably sell much better and should appeal to a wider audience.

(Personally I'm more excited about Fortune Street. But I'm a geek.)
NNID: ejamer