Author Topic: Mafia LXXXVI: Luigi's Mafia Mansion. Day 6 - The Panic Room and The End  (Read 10234 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia LXXXVI: Luigi's Mafia Mansion. Day 6 - The Panic Room
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2021, 02:31:37 PM »
I literally got steam notifications on my laptop saying he was online playing Cities Skylines whenever I booted it up. That's a completely different matter.

But apparently allying with BeautifulShy just ends with me either getting voted out in a fit of paranoia or getting blamed when things don't go her way for not going along with her fits of paranoia that she was unable to prove any form of validity to so I guess I won't be doing that again.

I really wonder why nobody reached out to you for most of the game?

That last bit is based on my own history with play style.  I typically am very active in the PMs and people expect me to do that and if I don't then they just don't reach out.   That is just how people play with me.

I don't have issues with people taking care of their mental health.  I advocate for that sort of thing.  I just think it is best to figure out who is on ones side or not and balance your own mental health when one can when not playing it.  Like most things  in life there is balance to it.

If you don't want to ally with me that is fine. if you think I get into these games too much and think too much about possible scenarios of what kind of outcomes can happen.  That is just how I play because I like to dig deep into these games.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2021, 02:33:03 PM »
These are just stupid forum games. Outside of memey vedettas there's no use holding grudges over them.

Agreed.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2021, 02:52:33 PM »
Not to discredit us, but I do feel like there was a lot of luck in our win. Just thinking about the number of longshots here is pretty crazy. What are the odds the detective is out day one? 1/18. Odds that the single townie we happened to hit had our crystal? Just 1/7 alone for the crystal, 1/16 we'd land on them. And then at the end, a 50/50 chance the killer doesn't get one of us and ruin everything. I'm probably missing some stuff too.

What a wild game!

Not everyone has the time or desire to creep on people's online status to determine their role in this game.
Ah, so this is why Khushrenada now allows Discord submissions. I guess Mafia teams should start communication outside of NWR and to order their actions.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2021, 03:13:36 PM »
Great game everyone. I have two things to mention. The mafia win was some luck but was also masterminded by Mop It Up. She is probably some kind of MI6 agent in real life (or a genius at the very least). Second, I really enjoying discording with the alliance and some of the coolest people on this site and felt really awful lying to them. I know it's just a game but man it is tough to be so dishonest. I think I like being a townie more.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2021, 03:23:40 PM »
Question for the Mafia how soon did you know that lolmonade was the doctor and how did you come across that info?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2021, 03:37:57 PM »
Congratulations to the Mafia players, and Crimm for getting 2nd place.

We got absolutely demolished, I don't remember seeing a wipe-out this bad in a whiiiiile. I'll take most of the blame for the loss too, since my "strategy" was just to reach to like half the field and weed out the moles from there. Which backfired spectacularly from the jump since I think I talked to Mop first lol.

I felt pretty good on Day 1 and 2, going in recklessly and reaching out to lots of players, and immediately finding Pokepal. Very quickly though the acceleration halted and I had a half-dozen separate side-conversations to juggle while swamped at work.

It's worth mentioning just how badly I got clowned on, check this out: the players I talked to most, besides Pokepal were... Mop It Up, Tophat, Bungle, and Crimm. The Townie Alliance was literally Oops, All Mafia.
It was clever to have Bungle pose as the Vigilante and pretend to distrust Mop, since they probably knew via TopHat how I distrusted Mop.

Looking forward to a rematch soon, maybe we'll do better with a Weenie Hut Jr. ruleset lol.

Question for the Mafia how soon did you know that lolmonade was the doctor and how did you come across that info?

I fear I probably told Bungle.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2021, 03:40:45 PM »
Mainly because it didn't make much sense that the doc would bother saving an inactive townie from the vote, so it looked more like a self-save.

We first thought Nickmitch might be the doc and that was the main reason for our hit there.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2021, 04:39:16 PM »
One other note, I was also offered a seat in the townie alliance, but felt like as soon as I came in I would have to provide proof. I instead stayed outside and tried to get information once I confirmed RSS wasn't mafia trying to honeypot me as the killer.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2021, 04:45:48 PM »
Townies should have known about Mop it up. Just look at her title!!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2021, 04:46:34 PM »
Funnily enough I thought stevey was the killer mainly because of the proported suspeciousness on pokepal early on.   Only the Killer could have that sort of info of having the ability to search for other players since Luigi did kill Insanolord the investigator.   

I even sent stevey a PM on if he was the killer to go after Crimm if he wanted to work together as a townie and killer team. If not that was fine too.   Lol turns out I should have been PMing Crimm targets and maybe even one of Mop it up and Mr. Bungle. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2021, 04:47:29 PM »

I saw that title and I said the same thing to myself but it was like that would be too easy right?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2021, 04:50:58 PM »
Beautifulshy had mentioned in a previous day that I was undefeated until recently or something like that. I'm flattered, but I get killed day one or two A LOT.

I wish I had kept a full record of which games I played or not. If I were to guess it's maybe 8 games?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2021, 04:57:07 PM »
Beautifulshy had mentioned in a previous day that I was undefeated until recently or something like that. I'm flattered, but I get killed day one or two A LOT.

I wish I had kept a full record of which games I played or not. If I were to guess it's maybe 8 games?

I mean you haven't played many but you usually do well if you can get past the first two days.  I think the more recent losses were the last two games you played not counting this one. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2021, 05:01:41 PM »
As of 2016 I played 12 I guess. Apparently there is a thread for that, or was a thread for that.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2021, 05:40:18 PM »
I had Internet troubles for the first day and much of the second. I talked to pokepal, Steefosaurus and James. I wondered if James had some kind of vigilante or killer role, but it was just a thought. I knew pokepal had a role after I was sent back to Home Sweet Bog, but I thought he was the doctor at first rather than the Vote Manipulator.

I thought Luigi Dude and TOPHATANT123 had to be mafia.Their votes were a bit too convenient.

I'm surprised ShyGuy didn't start taking people out at some point. Not much to lose if you make a mistake at the rate things were going. Though I understand things came up so I'm not sure how much that affected his actions.

Congrats to Mop It Up, TOPHATANT123, Luigi Dude and Mr. Bungle! :)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2021, 05:54:24 PM »
Crimm, I'm curious, who were your investigations?

It's funny, but this game kind of shows the value that a day one vote out can bring. If people had only jumped on the Mop it up bandwagon, you lot could have started the game a leg up with one Mafia member already out.

Second, I really enjoying discording with the alliance and some of the coolest people on this site and felt really awful lying to them. I know it's just a game but man it is tough to be so dishonest. I think I like being a townie more.
Yeah, same here, I feel ya. But I s'pose someone's gotta play the part.

A title you gave me!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2021, 06:01:46 PM »
A title you gave me!

That's right! I warned the townies about you weeks in advance and they still didn't listen! Who else would know to warn people that far ahead? Pure Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2021, 06:20:46 PM »
As for Crimm investigations, I can fill you in on that which I was going to mention in my write up of watching things unfold. Crimm investigated pokepal148 on Day 2. You'll never guess who he investigated on Day 3 though! Order.RSS, a result he already should have known from inheriting Insanolord's investigation of Order.RSS from Day 1.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2021, 07:09:14 PM »
That is indeed funny, hee hee. I guess only one hit was based on an investigation, which makes the one on TheFleece even more surprising. That goofy hit was also the main reason I suspected the killer to be Crimm, though we had a doc to deal with first.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2021, 07:17:31 PM »
Moral of the story. Always listen to Nickmitch and me when it comes to Mafia Members( Nickmitch, moles(BShy)

You know in a wierd twist I went from vendetaing Nickmitch from my first game to giving him his roses on what he can do in these games. 

TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2021, 07:33:36 PM »
Moral of the story. Always listen to Nickmitch and me when it comes to Mafia Members( Nickmitch, moles(BShy)

You know in a wierd twist I went from vendetaing Nickmitch from my first game to giving him his roses on what he can do in these games. 

You are very much acknowledged.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2021, 07:34:31 PM »
Just to prove how good I am, I only messaged two people the entire game. I told Order.RSS that I had no intel, but that I suspected Mr. Bungle and LuigiDude.

That's two mafia members in my sights on the second day.

The other person was PokePal who changed a vote for a mafia member to a townie because I didn't follow up within 30 minutes.

Then, on my last day alive, I posted the following:

I think I'm gonna un-vote Pokepal.  I don't know what's really going on in the Townie alliance, if there is one, but I think there's a traitor in their ranks.

Edit: My reasoning is I didn't like the response to my post or the reasoning for voting MASB. LuigiDude is my second choice, followed maybe by Crimm?

And I was again right about LuigiDude and right about suspecting Crimm.  I also threw another accusation at LuigiDude at the end of the day that wasn't followed up on.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2021, 07:37:54 PM »
Just to prove how good I am, I only messaged two people the entire game. I told Order.RSS that I had no intel, but that I suspected Mr. Bungle and LuigiDude.

The other person was PokePal who changed a vote for a mafia member to a townie because I didn't follow up within 30 minutes.

I think I'm gonna un-vote Pokepal.  I don't know what's really going on in the Townie alliance, if there is one, but I think there's a traitor in their ranks.

Edit: My reasoning is I didn't like the response to my post or the reasoning for voting MASB. LuigiDude is my second choice, followed maybe by Crimm?

And I was again right about LuigiDude and right about suspecting Crimm.  I also threw another accusation at LuigiDude at the end of the day that wasn't followed up on.

I found this post on Day 3 very interesting in retrospect

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=67493.msg977937#msg977937

So, the MASB votes were TopHatAnt, Luigidude, Mop it up, and Pokepal.  Does anyone want to explain themselves?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2021, 07:41:58 PM »

I was kind of under fire at the time. As far as I saw I changed my vote and you went awol. I didn't want to take any chances.

But in general, if you want people to go along with your suspicions you should provide some kind of proof. Just saying "such and such person is suspicious" is not exactly a convincing argument (unless it's Khushrenada.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 07:43:41 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2021, 07:49:27 PM »
I found this post on Day 3 very interesting in retrospect

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=67493.msg977937#msg977937

So, the MASB votes were TopHatAnt, Luigidude, Mop it up, and Pokepal.  Does anyone want to explain themselves?

Three mafioso in one post? :smug: Although to be fair, TopHatAnt might've gotten left off the hook since he at least replied with something satisfactory.  I sent out my vote for Pokepal because I was pretty certain he was mafia, but I was equally confident about LuigiDude and willing to change my vote.  Mop never directly replied and thusly appeared sus.