Author Topic: 2K To Partner With National Football League For Non-Simulation Games  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

So we can't count out a NFL licensed game on Switch. Unlike, say, Touchdown Tom.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/53149/2k-to-partner-with-national-football-league-for-non-simulation-games

After more than a decade and a half, 2K Sports will return to the gridiron - but not with a simulation.

Parent company Take Two Interactive have announced a multi-year partnership with the National Football League which will see 2K publish multiple "non-simulation" football games. The first of these titles is slated for sometime between April and December of next year, based on a launch estimate of "calendar 2021 during the 2022 fiscal year".

Platforms and developers have not been announced for the first game, though the Switch did receive the two NBA Playgrounds games as well as NBA 2K since the 2018 game. Electronic Arts, which has not published the annual Madden series on Switch, will continue to hold the license for simulation football.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: 2K To Partner With National Football League For Non-Simulation Games
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 06:03:34 PM »
I think it should be pointed out that right now they have a license deal ONLY with the NFL, not the NFLPA. That means that it could have the team names and logos, but not the players (but since any game would be at least a year away, they still have time to reach a deal with the NFLPA).

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 06:24:00 PM »
It's also worth noting that 2K's current sports offerings are absolute DLC fests.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 12:34:01 AM »
simulation is the only sports we will have left...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 04:49:22 AM »
simulation is the only sports we will have left...
Wow that is very sobering.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.