Author Topic: No New Switch Lite Model To Fix Drift  (Read 1598 times)

Offline John Rairdin

• Director
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
No New Switch Lite Model To Fix Drift
« on: October 01, 2019, 06:28:51 AM »

Those sticks are made for drifting, and that's just what they'll do.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/51842/no-new-switch-lite-model-to-fix-drift

A recent report from Digital Trends indicates a new Switch Lite revision, but our own sources confirm this is not the case. The report comes after Nintendo filed a new product ID with the FCC which does not match the currently released Switch Lite model. However we've been able to confirm with a licensed Switch developer that the FCC ID in question, BKEHDH002, does in fact match that of the Switch Lite developer kits. Furthermore the FCC filing categorizes the hardware as EUT which indicates that it is "for software development and events." In other words the hardware being described is not intended for the public. Developer kits are the pre-release versions of systems sent to developers so that they can begin testing the games on the hardware prior to launch.

The Switch Lite has already come under fire for using the same analogue stick assembly as the original Switch Joy-Con. As such the sticks have begun to show the same tendency for drift as the standard Switch model. Digital Trends initially reported on the FCC filing as a revision designed to fix this issue, but it appears we'll have to continue to wait for a permanent solution.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: No New Switch Lite Model To Fix Drift
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 01:46:06 PM »
Nintendo's hardware department are slacking. This kind of thing makes it difficult to recommend the Switch to anyone but die hard Nintendo fans.

Offline InvaderREN

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 06:32:51 PM »
I've had my switch about 18 months and 2 of my 4 joycons have had to go in for a Drift repair - each time costing half the price of a new joycon!

I am VERY careful with my gear and my son is too. They are just straight up bad design.

And here are my 4 Game Cube controllers that have been thrashed through Melee, Brawl, Smash U and now Smash Ultimate and yet they all work PERFECTLY..  Jesus, put THOSE damn sticks on the Switch...

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 08:51:50 PM »
Nintendo hardware used to be incredibly resilient... but ever since the 3DS release it feels like a downward slide. They are still "good", and often more reliable and study than the competition, but not like what they used to be.  I wonder if that's just the growing complexity of hardware or Nintendo looking to maximize profits?

On the upside, the Wii U Pro Controller was an incredibly solid piece of kit!
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:59:23 PM »
Its been going on longer than that. There were issues with dead pixels in the original DS and cracked hinges on the DS Lite. It has been a slow rising problem and I really hope this lawsuit gets them back on the right path.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 10:44:02 PM »
The joy-con drift issue is probably the biggest hardware failure I've seen from Nintendo.  I had a DS whose hinge broke, but the system was still otherwise completely playable.  The joy-con drift renders the controllers worthless.  The only upside is that they're fixing the controllers for free now.  But I'm literally 4/4 in having to send them in.  I'm waiting to get three of them back now, but that basically renders my Switch, unswitchable.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.